closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Photobucket

Master

Photobucket

Apologies if posted already. Photobucket have following a “ re jigging” of their mgt team returned users photos to forum links. So old threads that had the “you need to subscribe” notice should now display the original photos.

Great for classic bike and car sites where rebuild histories can really assist new owners.

Steve

That is good news Steve, I am off to find some old threads of mine where I had photos embedded to see if they are back in action.

PB always had the best interface for me so I am glad I can resume using it as I never really found a good replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    That is good news Steve, I am off to find some old threads of mine where I had photos embedded to see if they are back in action.

PB always had the best interface for me so I am glad I can resume using it as I never really found a good replacement.
    Photobucket are now offering 10GB storage and 3rd party image hosting for $1.99 a month or $19.99 a year.

That's a $380 reduction on their previous offering!!!

I think that is much the same plan as I used to have - before they decided to gouge everyone.

I deleted all the pics and closed the account before the next renewal - won’t be back.

Would be interested to see what their revenue was for the last year!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy View Post
    Photobucket are now offering 10GB storage and 3rd party image hosting for $1.99 a month or $19.99 a year.

Can't see anywhere through my account where I can sign up for that offer

Cheers,

Nigel

Unfortunately, their behaviour from last year has caused me to close my account, so my old pictures won't reappear. I suppose the same goes for many other.

They may have recognised the error of their ways, but it's unlikely they will be able to contain the damage, too much credibility and trust lost.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by engeew View Post
    Can't see anywhere through my account where I can sign up for that offer

Cheers,

Nigel
    There's a little banner at the top of the desktop site advertising 3rd Party Hosting or it appears when you click 'Plans' next to your user icon.

Or link from this page https://support.photobucket.com/hc/e...=1526892650146
    Last edited by Bootsy; 21st May 2018 at 09:52.

Master
    There's a little banner at the top of the desktop site advertising 3rd Party Hosting or it appears when you click 'Plans' next to your user icon.

Or link from this page https://support.photobucket.com/hc/e...=1526892650146

Muchas gracias! The 'Plans' button only gave me the highly inflated options, but the link has worked.

I'll try that for a year to see how it goes and see whether they have improved.

Cheers,

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Unfortunately, their behaviour from last year has caused me to close my account, so my old pictures won't reappear. I suppose the same goes for many other.

They may have recognised the error of their ways, but it's unlikely they will be able to contain the damage, too much credibility and trust lost.
    Ditto, and I’ve now gone with Smug Mug. This makes it all the more infuriating, though.

I posted a photo to the forum from PB last night and it worked just like the good 'ole days. Its good to have it back as I have so many pics in PB from over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Ditto, and I’ve now gone with Smug Mug. This makes it all the more infuriating, though.

I'm a member of the AGF (Acoustic Guitar Forum). There's a "Custom" sub forum, where members who've had or are having an instrument built by one the many talented luthiers who are members will post a usually lengthy pictorial story of the build. This is usually done with pictures supplied by the luthiers, or some times a luthier will do a thread himself to show a new design, or maybe a build using an unusual wood combination, etc etc. The majority of these threads were done via PB, and lots of those people have had to rebuild the threads, both painstaking and time consuming, using different platforms. I have also taken down all of my pictures and moved to SmugMug, which is (IMHO) great value even for the basic package I have, and is immeasurably better than PB, even though it costs more.
    F.T.F.A.

Once people leave and closed accounts its much harder to get them back, I can’t be bothered uploading my pics back to PB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may only be short lived as I just received this email. Bah!

All of your hosted images across the internet have been restored for a limited time under your Free Account.

We are also offering a new, competitive subscription package that includes:
    • Continued use of 3rd Party Image Hosting services
    • 10GB of Storage
    • No Advertisements
    All of this for just $1.99 per month or an option of $19.99 per year.
    Hurry, last day for this offer! Prices increase to $2.49 per month or $26.99 per year on May 22nd, 2018!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad PB done what they did as it forced me to move to imgur which is LOOOADS better. PB was full of pop up adverts .

Master

Or alternatively there's Flickr with 1TB storage and 3rd party hosting for free.

I ditched PB when the dodgy pop-ups started and the site became very slow, around a year before the charging fiasco happened. I won't be rushing back.