closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rudy Project sunglasses

Master

Rudy Project sunglasses

Anyone know anything about them, looking round in my quest to find glasses not made by Luxxotica.
    My current non-Luxottica favourites Maui Jim, but the Rudy’s look good too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Anyone know anything about them, looking round in my quest to find glasses not made by Luxxotica.
    My current non-Luxottica favourites Maui Jim, but the Rudy’s look good too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I had a couple of pairs in the past for cycling they were a competitor to Briko before Oakley took over the no1 spot. I wouldn’t put them up there with persol/vuarnet quality though but they were cheaper.
    This was 10years ago so no idea what the quality is like now.

Is anti-luxxotica a trend or something? What's the philosophy here?

Genuinely intrigued.

Rudy Project used to be excellent, though I've no idea now.

As an aside, depending on what style of frame you're after I'd happily recommend SunGod as an excellent alternative.
    https://www.sungod.co/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Is anti-luxxotica a trend or something? What's the philosophy here?

Genuinely intrigued.
    The quality of the brands they bought reduced significantly- I suppose this is why pre Luxottica Oakley and Rayban sell for so much.
    I have some Oakley Oakleys and Luxottica Oakley and there’s quite a difference, same with Rayban

I have a pair of Rudy Project spinhawk, very good pair of glasses IMO. Had them about 5 years now and they've been perfect. However they are my first pair of 'decent' sunnies so I can't compare them to Oakleys etc

Bought her in doors a pair of RP sun glasses about 6 years ago to replace her H2optix, she really like the RP and thinks they are good quality.
    Last edited by number2; 21st May 2018 at 11:02.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I have a pair of Rudy Project Rydon photochromatics for cycling - love them.

Pete

The quality of the brands they bought reduced significantly- I suppose this is why pre Luxottica Oakley and Rayban sell for so much.
    I have some Oakley Oakleys and Luxottica Oakley and there’s quite a difference, same with Rayban
    Ah I see. I'm in the market for some new sunglasses so I guess I need to do some research as I buy a pair about every 5 years.

Master
    ^ This!

I have both pre-Luxottica and post-Luxottica Oliver Peoples and the difference, I feel, is night & day. A sad indictment of this [monopolised] industry.

Master
    Worn Oakleys for years had dozens of pair's and the quality of the last few pairs has dropped massively, for my next pair for the first time in 20+ years I will be looking elsewhere.

Master
    I have (several) pairs of Oakleys, and on 2 of the more expensive ones the polarising lenses are delaminating. Very annoying.

Master
    Thought I’d try some Rudy’s, but can’t find a way to buy them! No stores anywhere near me and the web site is non sales.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

QUOTE=berin;4771736]Thought I’d try some Rudy’s, but can’t find a way to buy them! No stores anywhere near me and the web site is non sales.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app[/QUOTE]

Try these www.rxsport.co.uk. They do a home trial and for £4.95 they'll send you 3 pairs of your choice to try.

I have a pair of now discontinued RP Horus with prescription lenses and they are great. Had them for about 10 years now but come the time they need replacing I managed to get spare pair from the bay.