closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Self employed members - social media marketing HELP

Self employed members - social media marketing HELP

As it sounds guys I’m self employed and doing ok. Want to do better. Social media is big in my industry (fitness/self defence).

Just gauging how other self employed members have used social media to help them with their marketing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We mainly use Facebook......I know it divides opinion but I currently don't know any other way to direct your services directly to the people who may be interested in it for the money.

We run promotions and adverts which are centred within a 10 mile radius of our business, targeting people who have specific interest and age demographic.
    We set it at a few pounds a day and let it run.

Edit.....don't bother with yell, they are at best con artists who don't deliver what they promise.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 20th May 2018 at 19:15.

Journeyman
    Two personal trainers at our gym run separate boot camp training sessions, they have built up a good base using Facebook and Instagram.

Perhaps check out the competition local to you for similar ideas ? Good luck

Essential, just keep it strictly professional.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Essential, just keep it strictly professional.
    Good advice.
    NEVER comment on anything political or offer a topical opinion with a work social media page. For every person you please, you'll invariably p!ss someone else off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Good advice.
    NEVER comment on anything political or offer a topical opinion with a work social media page. For every person you please, you'll invariably p!ss someone else off.
    I’ll go further. You can have a ‘business’ account on top of your personal social media: first clean up your personal account, and keep even the personal as smooth as you can. No venting, nothing political whether pro or against, whether here, in the EU or in the US.
    Boring for your personal account, essential for your business. Of course you can make do with only one. It may be better with two but both will work.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    For your industry, I think it’s drifting a bit from Facebook towards Instagram, but both are essential

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    For your industry, I think it’s drifting a bit from Facebook towards Instagram, but both are essential
    Agree. But it seems a minefield. How often to post? What to post? Advice.. tips.. videos.. testimonies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Just post some posts related to your business. Ask some of your customers to post their opinions about your work or to take pictures with your products and hashtag you. Some of the best and high ranking posts were from my customers. I just asked them if I can take pictures and put them on FB and Inst.,with their name. Soon all of their friends came by.

Do not push over the top, dont post every few hours.

Spy on your competition hashtags on instagram or followers on Facebook. Make friends with followers or copy hashtags.

Keep it strictly business. Your personal opinions are yours. Business has no opinion. It only has product and customers

When running a promotion, think who your customers are. What are their hobbies interests etc. You can set strict rules. Also run promotion simultaneously on Facebook and instagram.

And be on guard to answer questions.

It sounds like back in the beginning of the web - post relevant content and people will be interested in it.

Master
    Running competitions is a great way to get more followers - people will like and share for anything free.

Well worth the few quid it costs. I do this every few months

A lot of my clients have uploaded my business details to various groups on Facebook and I've picked up a few new clients through it so I'd recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app