closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Building a Dream Sheet for a Collection

Master

Building a Dream Sheet for a Collection

Greetings all,
    I'm new here, so be gentle. I'm a watch lover with shallow pockets but big dreams (they have to be, my current collection is a 15 year old Traser, an '89 CWC G10, a 2012 CWC RN diver"s quartz & a 2008 Omega Seamaster 2254.5000).
    All of these are daily wearers so, playing the "if I suddenly become wealthy" game, what other daily wearers should I look at?
    Thus far I've got ;
    Submariner no date,
    "Pepsi" GMT,
    Green bezel Submariner,
    Speedmaster Professional,
    IWC Pilot's Chronograph,
    CWC diver's automatic,
    CWC pilot's chronograph.
    Any suggestions or criticisms of watches I've mentioned are welcome.
    I'm on the fence about Daytonas, convince me!
    Apologies, I couldn't remember the correct name for the green bezel Submariner, is it the one they call "Hulk"?
    Finally, I've been reading a lot of abbreviations here & figured most of them out but "TT" is baffling me, what's it mean?
    In your own time, go on!
    Last edited by Speedy2254; 20th May 2018 at 13:53. Reason: Grammar!

TT usually means two tone, i.e gold and steel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    TT usually means two tone, i.e gold and steel.
    Aha! So simple when you see it. Thanks.

Loosely, the Hulk is the green bezel and green face, Kermit is the green bezel and black face

Depends on taste and what you are looking to build in your dream collection.

I often do the winning the lottery so I can buy my dream collection. Now I’m set on what I like so that would be easy for me. But I do think IMHO having the money to just go out and get all at once would spoil it for me. I think the chase and anticipation is a big thing in enjoying the watch. As is the feeling of earning it

For me your list is similar in taste to me. And I’m lucky enough to own a couple of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Loosely, the Hulk is the green bezel and green face, Kermit is the green bezel and black face
    Aha again! Definitely Hulk then. Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Depends on taste and what you are looking to build in your dream collection.

I often do the winning the lottery so I can buy my dream collection. Now I’m set on what I like so that would be easy for me. But I do think IMHO having the money to just go out and get all at once would spoil it for me. I think the chase and anticipation is a big thing in enjoying the watch. As is the feeling of earning it

For me your list is similar in taste to me. And I’m lucky enough to own a couple of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, just buying them all at once would feel anticlimactic.. Half the fun is in the anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCWCDeskDiver View Post
    Aha again! Definitely Hulk then. Thanks.
    No worries!

My personal preference is for the preceramic Subs, so the 16610 and the no-date equivalent, as they're more streamlined and to me, more elegant than the rather more chunky ceramic bezel models.

But of all your options, I'd go for a Speedy Pro. I'm in a position now where I need to be flogging one of my more expensive pieces (I only have two in that category!) and whilst I've always said I'd never let my 16610 Sub go, I'm wearing the Speedy far more frequently.