closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New watch suggestions?

New watch suggestions?

Hi all, my first post and I’ve been asked by my 18 year old Son to suggest a watch for him.

Loves the look of an Omega Seamaster Diver but has a budget of £150 - £200. Can be new or secondhand, any ideas for him?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Hi mate. Given the budget and the fact he loves the Seamaster, I'd say go for the Orient Ray 2.

Apparently they have great accuracy and you're getting an in-house movement. Great lume too. 200m water resistant, 120 click bezel, engraved screw down crown and they have hacking and hand winding. You can buy them on Amazon, the black one is about £130 and the sunburst blue about £150. Here's some pics:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fab suggestion and spot on price point too

Hi David, looks perfect, Like it on the nato strap too. I assume the quality is ok?

Journeyman
    I would like to suggest seiko 5 diver, SNZH55K1.
    Quite reasonable price. Perfect :)

Quote Originally Posted by 44Gunner View Post
    Hi David, looks perfect, Like it on the nato strap too. I assume the quality is ok?

To be honest I haven't owned one, but I was about to pull the trigger on the black version the other day before stumbling on something I wanted more. But I always do my research before buying and at the price point you won't get much better. Have a look at some of the reviews on YouTube 👍

Thanks chejay, great choice too. Seiko look to have good options. The Seiko 5 Sports SNZH53J1 looks very nice.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    To be honest I haven't owned one, but I was about to pull the trigger on the black version the other day before stumbling on something I wanted more. But I always do my research before buying and at the price point you won't get much better. Have a look at some of the reviews on YouTube 
    I own the Orient Ray Raven II and I don't think you can do much better when comes to value for money at this price point. Mine does not get as much wrist time as it should these days but I still think it is a fantastic offering from Orient.

Master

New watch suggestions?

Go on Dad, introduce him to a classic diver with common roots to the Omega SMP through some matched funding. Tell him you’ll put in £1 for each pound he spends, and buy that nice CWC Diver on SC for ~£400.

What about a Citizen Promaster Diver, Blue - BN0151-09L

It’s £158.40 on Amazon, again you could put this on a NATO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    It just occurred to me that you won't be able to see Sales Corner (SC) yet - so here's the CWC I mentioned, being sold by robert75 who's asking £390. You could try a private message (PM) to him if interested. I used to have one of these on issue to me whilst in the Royal Navy and they're excellent watches, modelled along the lines of the original Seamaster 300 used by the RN in the 1970's. The lume is superb and they're pretty well built - I'm actually tempted to get another, especially if I sell my Seamaster to help fund something else, and still want a diver.

How much is the SKX? I have an SRP777 but I think that’s about £250 now. The SKX should be a bit cheaper.

Orient is owned by Seiko, so you get the same kind of quality at a slightly lower price point. I’d say for your budget this would be a great suggestion.

Simon

Done! He went for the Orient FAA02001B9 Mako 11, great reviews and value it seems. Thanks for all your help and suggestions

Done! He went for the Orient FAA02001B9 Mako 11, great reviews and value it seems. Thanks for all your help and suggestions

Glad we could help. Stick around and we’ll give you some advice for a watch for you next

Simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    It just occurred to me that you won't be able to see Sales Corner (SC) yet - so here's the CWC I mentioned, being sold by robert75 who's asking £390. You could try a private message (PM) to him if interested. I used to have one of these on issue to me whilst in the Royal Navy and they're excellent watches, modelled along the lines of the original Seamaster 300 used by the RN in the 1970's. The lume is superb and they're pretty well built - I'm actually tempted to get another, especially if I sell my Seamaster to help fund something else, and still want a diver.

I have a CWC from that production run. Mine's 039/12 & I'm wearing it now, looking at my SMP. I love the CWC, can't recommend it enough & will be getting an automatic as soon as possible!