closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Midlands Baselworld Preview (Botanical Gardens)

Cool Midlands Baselworld Preview (Botanical Gardens)

Was invited to the Baselworld preview evening organised by our local ADs. The venue was at the Botanical Gardens this year although I did much prefer last years as it was more intimate.
    There were free flow of canapes and champagnes whilst trying on the new watches. I was really looking forward to the GMT Jubilee, despite seeing and trying on the older WG model a couple times previously.

It was an interesting evening to see what others are wearing on the night. I saw plenty of AP, Patek, Gold Datejusts, Yatchmasters, Daytonas, Greensubs.

A nice refreshing change no pun, surrounded by exotic plants.

Venue was held in a large-ish hall.

We were given wristband as we enter, I guess everyone could try an Augmented Reality watch of your choice instead. TBH it was a bit fiddly and I rather check out the real thing instead.

Cabinets of watches on sale on the night, sadly non of the popular models are available.

Although the New Rosegold GMT is available for purchase on the spot. I'm surprised it wasn't snapped up.

More for sale

Anyway I finally got to try on the pepsi and I really like it. My AD already knows I wanted it since day 1, hopefully the wait isn't too long.

I tried to capture the bracelet from a couple of angles

I’ve even tried to compare it to a BLNR, I can’t tell the lug difference or if the lug holes were moved. It could be a very small change to prevent bracelet swap?

Yes or no? I quite like it

The new Yatchmaster. A bit too much bling for me lol. Was told there's about 400+ diamonds on the 40mm dial.

No giveaways this year unlike last year with a box of Rolex chocolates. But the catalogues and wristband would do haha

That brings back memories as I used to live a 2min walk from the Botanical Gardens in harborne.

The BLRO looks great, but I have pretty much given up any hope of owning one this decade.

Craftsman
    Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Pepsi gmt looks good up close. I like the look of the two tone gmt too. The colours look different to the official pictures in which I haven’t been able to work out the bezel colours. What colours would you say they are and how do they compare to the Pepsi bezel? Looks quite similar in your pictures.

Craftsman
    The GMT TT and Everose still holding the candle for me. Is it me or does the brown look quite "Coke like"? Either way, i'm sold. BLNR might have to go to fund the new TT!

Craftsman
    Oh and I would also add that for me, the colours of the BLRO continue to disappoint. I want blue and red, not "sort of blue/purple" and "sort of red/pink". Each to their own though.

The more images I see of the TT GMT the more I really like it, such a distinct and smart looking evolution of the GMT.
    J

Great write up, thanks for sharing

The rose gold models are stunning

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I’m guessing that was organised by Rudells?

I love all 3 new variants of the GMT.

Oh, and I’ve been to a wedding reception in that very room ��