closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wearing shorts to today’s royal wedding..................unbelievable

Grand Master
    Why is it disrespectful to wear a pair of shorts?,it's only a different item of clothing!.So long as he was generally smart I don't see any reason not to,do you and some perhaps hold people like these in a higher place to all other people on the planet.....I certainly don't.It is 2018 not 1818 ffs!.

Shocking stuff this.

How dare these people with horrific injuries show them off in public?

Dread to think how the OP copes seeing people with birth defects, disabilities and/or serious injuries. Heaven help us if he should ever see one in a wheel chair...unbelievable.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What would be brave is to go on a military forum and criticise him.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    Shocking stuff this.

How dare these people with horrific injuries show them off in public?

Dread to think how the OP copes seeing people with birth defects, disabilities and/or serious injuries. Heaven help us if he should ever see one in a wheel chair...unbelievable.
    As you don’t me hansblix2001 let me politely point out to you that my wife is disabled and a wheelchair user.

Our lives were turned upside down some 20 years ago when she suffered a major stroke and never recovered leaving her left sided paralysed and reliant on a electric wheelchair for her daily needs and myself for many of her personal needs.

I have said it more than once before and I will not say it again, my original post has nothing to do with disability it was about dress code and etiquette.

Well said, Ben.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Why is it disrespectful to wear a pair of shorts?,it's only a different item of clothing!.So long as he was generally smart I don't see any reason not to,do you and some perhaps hold people like these in a higher place to all other people on the planet.....I certainly don't.It is 2018 not 1818 ffs!.
    The 'it's only a different item of clothing' doesn't really apply in quite a lot of situations. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post

And who defines "generally smart". But don't forget lots of places have a dress codes, I.e no trainers, not tee shirts, ties only, etc.

At my golf club, we have simple code like no cargo shorts, all shirts must have a collar, and no football/rugby, etc tops. Soft spikes must be worn on the course but not in the club house. Don't like the code, then don't play. Simples.

Ben was questioning whether shorts should be worn (by an adult) at a wedding - a fair question, but surely it's at the discretion of those who's wedding it was. The question could equally apply to someone wearing a clowns costume to a funeral, a Star Wars stormtroopers outfit to Childs graduation, or even a Nazi Uniform to a fancy dress party

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I wouldnt do it
    Not with shorts at a wedding

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The 'it's only a different item of clothing' doesn't really apply in quite a lot of situations. ;-)

R
    I was referring to the specific place mentioned in terms of the item of clothing,smart shorts is what they were,obviously Bermuda shorts aren't quite the same.The chap was smart enough IMO.

And if we could actually see the shorts in greater detail,I'd bet they were suit material.

I think the chap was probably making a statement by showing his prosthetic legs.And probably and rightly so very proud to have served his country and suffered a huge loss for it too......just my view on a possible reason for his choice of outfit,and I doubt Harry would have thought anything of it at all.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 20th May 2018 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    I wouldnt do it
    Not with shorts at a wedding
    I'd be more worried about the sawing than the scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post

This is the guy I was talking about... a nice suit, with what looks like the trousers tailored to exactly the right length to the prosthetics.

As others have said, I am sure this will have been for a well thought out reason.

Right, wrong or indifferent, I thought he looked good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    After reviewing the thread again, the bigger question is... why would your eyes be drawn to the legs on the right?

Well cut suit, spot on cuffs, precise pocket square. Oh,by the way, served his country and lost his legs doing so. Still walks taller then most.
    J

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardine32 View Post
    Well cut suit, spot on cuffs, precise pocket square. Oh,by the way, served his country and lost his legs doing so. Still walks taller then most.
    J
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    After reviewing the thread again, the bigger question is... why would your eyes be drawn to the legs on the right?
    Well said.

The dress code probably said tailored trousers to leg length.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    The dress code probably said tailored trousers to leg length.
    It would have said Lounge suit and been accompanied by a letter from an ADC explaining the form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    It would have said Lounge suit and been accompanied by a letter from an ADC explaining the form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whoosh!

Craftsman
    they are not shorts. they go as far as his legs end......debate over

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Well said, Ben.

R
    I agree. Ben's question about the dress code raises some interesting questions.
    As with others, I imagine that permission was obtained, but it seems we don't really know.
    On a very practical note, it looks as though regular-length trousers could be not uneasily torn provided those prosthetics.

With best regards,

AP.

This can only be a great bit of trolling, though I am surprised it got so many bites.

While it could be a particularly dull form of trolling, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that someone could actually be that much of a priggish scold.

I attended the wedding of a good friend's brother about 10 years ago. On the morning of the big day the temperature was already 20ºC and set to hit 28-30ºC. Not wanting to suffer being an uncomfortable, sweaty and grumpy mess all day, I phoned him and asked if it would be alright to wear shorts. His expletive laden reply was basically, "I've got better things to worry about than if you wear shorts to my wedding". Good lad! And a lovely day was had by all.

For the record, I have not served in her Majesty's military nor do I have prosthetic legs.