closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 24 hours in....

Master

24 hours in....

I'm off on a mini adventure with my lad in a few weeks inter railing around part of Europe, we have a few days where we are after suggestions for things to see and do, we will be in each place less no more than a day.
    He's 15 in to history, gaming and the macabre, so any suggestions welcomed.
    The places we have gaps in our itinerary are:
    Brussels
    Munich
    Budapest
    Rijeka
    Cluj-napoca

Sarajevo

Edit - initially thought you were looking for additional stop suggestions.
    Last edited by Mr Curta; 18th May 2018 at 09:45.

Master
    Sorry these are the places we are after inspiration on things to do, we already have the route booked and accommodation at the various stops.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Sorry these are the places we are after inspiration on things to do, we already have the route booked and accommodation at the various stops.
    Crikey, booking in advance, that's radical!

He'll love the escape rooms of Budapest, I'm sure.

You will probably need to take a taxi (although it is possible on public transport) to reach Memento Park, but it is worth the effort. Don't miss the museum outside the main park in the long shed-like building close to Stalin's Boots.

The Hospital in the Rock is fascinating, there are several daily tours in English and they last about an hour. It's in the Castle District.

The Terror House and the Holocaust Museum are both very sensitively presented and highly recommended.

Maybe look into a 'ruin pub'. Szimpla Kert is the best known.

Things evolve so check out the excellent Funzine website before you go for up-to-date local information and tips. Copies of the magazine are readily available in hotels and restaurants.

https://funzine.hu/en/

If live music is of interest, the A38 and Akvárium club are great venues.

Craftsman
    Sounds awesome! I loved the inter rail trip I took many years ago.

Munich - Olympic Stadium is pretty cool and the BMW museum is a must, even for non-car fans! Some decent stuff to look at and learn about. Stunning building too.

Budapest - One of the day spas perhaps, though I didn't do this. Generally wandering about is great, you can't go wrong. Lovely city with a nice atmosphere.

Master
    Brussels - Might as well see the Mannequin Pis, The Hal Gate, the Atomium
    Munich - Dachau Memorial site which is quite a sobering unforgettable experience

The Deutches Museum in Munich is pretty darn good. Shame he's only 15, the beer there is fabulous, would recommend the Japanese Tower in the Englischer Garten on a nice day. The centre of Munich (Marienplatz) is a great place to head for (which is pronounced marine platz, not Marion platz).

Journeyman
    Another suggestion for Budapest is Sir Lance A-Lots. it is quite tacky theme restaurant, not the cheapest but the food is amazing, especially the platters which will feed two for a few days. Its a get stuck in with your hands type stuff, and plenty of wash basins to freshen up at the sides of the room.

The theme is knights of the round table so expect shows during your dinner with swords and the odd serving wench, look on the themes and the theatrics as a side element.