closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sales corner?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    Nooooo I'm not trying to intimidate you at all, please don't go all paranoid on me, I like to try and make friends with peeps on here.... I made friends with a guy called Burnsey and soon after we met he disappeared on me and the forum and I was well upset and everything..
    FWIW, I'm not from Birmingham, my last post was an attempt at light-hearted exchange. My wording of the post led to the wrong inference and I apologise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doive88 View Post
    I could be wrong but branding someone as a journeyman because they posted a few more times than usual in 24 hours (and a good 15 hours after it occurred) seems more like bullying....
    You should consider contacting the mods to complain about the unfair bullying if you are unhappy.

Cool

Apology not needed as I saw that your comment was meant in a light hearted way same as mine was too... :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    You know something, I was mentioned in the thread too. I posted a bit, then stopped, then posted again a couple of years later. I didn't even fire off 24 posts in about half an hour, it was just a few posts a day but people do spot such things as a long-gone newbie who qualifies for access on the age of their account but needs to up their post count. While posting in itself is most definitely not frowned upon, it does raise the suspicions of the community when someone seemingly posts solely to gain access to the part of the forum in which we swap large sums of money and expensive watches... and also small sums of money and old shoes.

To be honest, all you've really had in this thread is a gentle ribbing, a poor attitude in retaliation is really what does the damage. I'd suggest you take the "water off a duck's back" approach to this and join in the community.
    Poor attitude by sticking up for myself? Cool! "Oh no it was the manner of how you stuck up for yourself, by vehemently denying the allegations we levied at you without immediately apologising for your actions regardless of intent, how dare you. We the elders shun you from this group; you are smote."

^^ that's what poor attitude looks like from me, fyi.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I thought you'd leave, some window-shopping on your way out then?

Ah, I see the problem here - massive error of communication (on both our parts).

I missed the point - you were pointing to the current activity, not the fact that my status has been changed to journeyman and a creepy skeletor/kylo ren dude being set as my avatar.

What you failed to spot was the question mark next to 'sale corner?' - incidentally the name of this very thread.

I apologise for getting a little heavy-handed in the reply as I misunderstood what you were getting at; i don't expect an apology for your misguided inference of my intentions.

Poor attitude by sticking up for myself? Cool! "Oh no it was the manner of how you stuck up for yourself, by vehemently denying the allegations we levied at you without immediately apologising for your actions regardless of intent, how dare you. We the elders shun you from this group; you are smote."

^^ that's what poor attitude looks like from me, fyi.

Hey, you're determined to make the worst of it, all I was saying is that it isn't that bad. I was also careful not to say you had a bad attitude, you might want to read my post again, but if that is what you've read into it then I think we can put that down as a stunning piece of reflection and self-awareness, backed up by your smart-arse little reply.

Carry on, as you were.

Journeyman
    Also - here's the important bit - replying as it's fun to challenge the cronyism, not because I'm taking it to heart. Water off a ducks back and you'll be embraced by the community and all.

Almost every post of mine, despite being critically accurate, is also heavily-laden with sarcasm, so reciprocal indifference to my posts is expected.

Poor attitude by sticking up for myself?
    Stick it up yourself at your leisure.

Journeyman
    Hey, you're determined to make the worst of it, all I was saying is that it isn't that bad. I was also careful not to say you had a bad attitude, you might want to read my post again, but if that is what you've read into it then I think we can put that down as a stunning piece of reflection and self-awareness, backed up by your smart-arse little reply.

Carry on, as you were.
    Please see my last post - sarcastic retorts for a bit of fun. The quotation marks and use of "smote" should have indicated that the comment was in fact entirely in jest, and if that wasn't clear the label of "that's what poor attitude looks like" just to make sure you're aware that's a barometer of bad attitude compared to my responses and not a genuine claim, should have done the trick.

But, as you say, you're not as smart as I so should have anticipated this :p.

OK, glad that's all sorted, your toys-out-the-pram moments have just been sarcasm.

What's with membership of replica-watch.info and RWG.bz?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Stick it up yourself at your leisure.
    Trust a Scot to take it to sodomy...

Journeyman
    OK, glad that's all sorted, your toys-out-the-pram moments have just been sarcasm.

In one of my other posts (of which there are half a century or so), I mentioned that I was looking to build a watch from parts that can be readily sourced but that weren't pants as I've got some important personal milestones coming up - combination of Google searches for parts websites and how to guides and having tapatalk installed on my phone have now led to these being permanent fixtures in my forum list, frustratingly.

Or am I trying to get my post count up to sell fake Rolexes like matey what fakes his bank statements?

Journeyman

If you read them again through the lens of sarcasm, you may find them a more enjoyable read than the gatling drivel I posted in the wee hours of this morning.

Can’t wait until you can join us in the Bear Pit Mr Doive.

Or am I trying to get my post count up to sell fake Rolexes like matey what fakes his bank statements?
    Well I don't know, are you?

What I do know is that I won't be the one to find out.

(...)

(...)
    It would have never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it - that is probably the case.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Journeyman
    It would have never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it - that is probably the case.
    How do you know we're not the same person? We've never been seen in the same thread at the same time...

How do you know we're not the same person? We've never been seen in the same thread at the same time...

His grammar and spelling are much better than yours.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Q1. If there are 10 adverts offering 1 watch each, and then 10 adverts for sundry tat are added, how many watches are for sale? (1 mark)

Think you’ve missed the point , but never mind.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    More importantly did you see anything on SC that took your fancy?

Journeyman
    His grammar and spelling are much better than yours.
    He can afford elocution lessons with that bumper bank account, and is shrewd enough to buy fake watches rather than the genuine article that us chumps all fall for.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    More importantly did you see anything on SC that took your fancy?
    I did indeed, I did indeed. Haven't approached anyone though, will give it a bit of time for the wounds to heal...

There are over 4,000 active members who deal with the level of banter thrown about on the forum day in and day out. If it puts off any newbies, then that's probably a good indication this isn't the right forum for them.

It's sink or swim, and the newbies are just dipping their toes in the shallow, safe-paddling area of TZ-UK bay—just imagine what the undertow and rip currents (and occasion tsunami) in the deep waters of the BP would do to them!

Craftsman
    I have a question. For those of us that can look but not yet reply, how would we be able to buy something if we were interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    I have a question. For those of us that can look but not yet reply, how would we be able to buy something if we were interested?
    PM sent.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    There are over 4,000 active members who deal with the level of banter thrown about on the forum day in and day out. If it puts off any newbies, then that's probably a good indication this isn't the right forum for them.

It's sink or swim, and the newbies are just dipping their toes in the shallow, safe-paddling area of TZ-UK bay—just imagine what the undertow and rip currents (and occasion tsunami) in the deep waters of the BP would do to them!
    I mean, I'd say most of what I've had today has gone beyond banter but I've not let it bother me!

It's been surprisingly fun responding today, and has actually drawn me towards staying on the forum vs contemplating leaving a few hours ago.

I look forward to continuing to contribute to the forum and one day tearing a new one in the BP.

Master
    I take it you’re interested in the single size 6 male flip flop?

PM the seller.

P.S. it’s the left one for sale. He’s very fond of the right one so is keeping it.

Happy to sell you access, but I only accept Cryptocurrency. Don't worry, it'll appear automatically on the main screen eventually.

There's much more of interest here than the vastly over rated SC. Worzel Gummidge and Aunt Sally, coffee tables and the delights of the undepilated female form await. Besides, all of the best watches are traded in The Bullingdon Club.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Besides, all of the best watches are traded in The Bullingdon Club.
    The TZ-UK equivalent of the Silk Road. With snifters.

Craftsman
    I'm in the same boat -- but have managed to buy two beautiful watches on the forum -- PM is your friend

Craftsman

As has been mentioned previously

If you see something you like send a direct message to the seller and hopefully you can make a suitable agreement. I’ve bought a couple of bits & pieces, all of which have been exactly as described and which I’ve been delighted with. There is a heroes & villains section where your transaction can be outlined by both parties which helps build up that invaluable element of trust for us lesser mortals. There’s a bit of well-intended banter as with most forums of this nature and occasionally it does seem unnecessarily harsh but there’s generally no ill-will I believe. It’s a very useful and informative source of information that needs to be protected for obvious reasons.

Master
    As an aside this is the first time I can remember where there are 5 watches in SC that I'd like to own but the plethora of choice is saving me because I can't decide which to go for! Plus I'm trying to reduce the numbers but letting go isn't easy regardless of cost...

Blog Entries
    I mean, I'd say most of what I've had today has gone beyond banter but I've not let it bother me!

It's been surprisingly fun responding today, and has actually drawn me towards staying on the forum vs contemplating leaving a few hours ago.

I look forward to continuing to contribute to the forum and one day tearing a new one in the BP.

Don't let them bother you, its Eddie's opinion that counts. And if he granted you access thats all that matters.

I’d probably avoid the flip flops for sale on SC. Just sayin’.

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Unless they are for sale by Dave O S’s sister in law.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    What size are they, I took mine off last night and can't find them.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    What size are they, I took mine off last night and can't find them.
    Are you confusing flip-flops and thongs again?