closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: War over @ the Doxa forum on WUS

Re: There were a good company

Quote Originally Posted by ke6507
    Doxa was a good company many years ago. They introduced some interesting pieces like this one:

It has the Chezard 117 jump second movement with a sweep second stop that was operated by depressing the crown. Sun and Moon point to the hour market (24 hour dial).

I liked their dive watch line because of it's unique look when they were released over 30 years ago.

I miss the innovation.

DaveB

Hey Dave,

Do you own this watch?

Journeyman

Re: There were a good company

Quote Originally Posted by John Vargas
    Hey Dave,

Do you own this watch?
    Yes I do.

Here is a wrist shot (time on the watch is 2:30PM):

and the movement:

I also have a NOS sun/moon dial, a replacement dial (Can't believe I was able to get these) and new bridges. I'm looking for a few more parts before I start the restoration. I also have a Doxa with a Chezard 115.

If you like interesting movements, I have a watch incoming with a Landron 251.

Dave

Re: War over @ the Doxa forum on WUS

Dave,

I absolutely love that watch! Well done, that is a very nice looking watch. I love intersting movements!

Well done!

John

P.S. Should you decide to get rid of it, I will give it a good home!

Quote Originally Posted by JonW
    Wow, another Doxa blow up... sorry to hear it involves 2 of the members here :(

lets hope the new TG is relaible... its one thing not being happy with a dial print, but the continual sending back and forth of the old TGs was tiresome...
    speaking about reliablity jon, whats mine had! i got my t-graph back afew weeks back, i have yet to here back what actually went wrong with it, i sent approx 10 emails over the tiume it was gone chasing for updates, they took about a week before they actually confirmed they had the watch! then they said they thought it was a movement retaining ring needed replaced!! so once i recieved the watch i asked what was done to it, and still await the reply!!!

reading all your emails that you sent to doxa made me aware of the problems i would face but its still a pain in the backside!!

love the watch but the love is fading!! i personally would not buy another and have told them so and again no reply!!
    :evil:

My NOS Doxa, bought last year and serviced at Ernest Jones (not wonderfully well). Yes, it needs a bit of a dust!

Another one landed in the Netherlands:

http://www.dezinvanluxe.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8958

Congratulations on your newest watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard

You are in the wrong thread ... unless it's your subtle way of moving us away from Doxa. :lol:

I can't wait to see one with cracked enamel. :twisted:

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

You are in the wrong thread ... unless it's your subtle way of moving us away from Doxa. :lol:

I can't wait to see one with cracked enamel. :twisted:

john
    Yes, I noticed...

Quite a stupid mistake. Perhaps Eddie can clean up the mess I - unintentionally - made?

Quote Originally Posted by fivelittlefish
    I have had actual personal experience with the Doxa aftersales customer service...

...and with their factory/assembly point/whatever it is...

Would I buy another Doxa? Yes, I would.

Blog Entries

Ahhhh, and I thought it was me :D .

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    Quote Originally Posted by fivelittlefish
    I have had actual personal experience with the Doxa aftersales customer service...

...and with their factory/assembly point/whatever it is...

[quote:bfkhkqxu]Would I buy another Doxa? Yes, I would.
    [/quote:bfkhkqxu]

:mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

:D

Would I buy another Doxa? Yes, I would.
    That really made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

LOL LOL

Listen i know we all want to put this issue to bed, but these pics are just too bloody funny !!!!

:D

D.

Master

This story has nothing to do with TZUK. WE DON"T BLOODY CARE. OK??!!!!!! Just post one more topic/reply and you'll be officially ranked to 'wanker' on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian
    This story has nothing to do with TZUK. WE DON"T BLOODY CARE. OK??!!!!!! Just post one more topic/reply and you'll be officially ranked to 'wanker' on this forum.
    You directing this at me ??

D.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

D.
    No. And sorry. Far from it. I just think that this "thing" has nothing to do with us (TZUK). We should let this thread die (like others threads) and go on with our lives (WIS or non-WIS). Not aiming at you or someone in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

D.
    No. And sorry. Far from it. I just think that this "thing" has nothing to do with us (TZUK). We should let this thread die (like others threads) and go on with our lives (WIS or non-WIS). Not aiming at you or someone in particular.
    Ok gotcha, and agreed, flogging dead horses and all that. But i do have a laugh at the pics!

D.

Master

The last photo in this thread could be seen in UK, Canada, US or you name it.....
    I'm not interested in this thread and I don't want to see it re-surfaced (if you catch my heavy drift). Bye-bye and so long (no offense) but life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by jk103
    I like the look of that new T-graph even the silver subdials. The problems with the coloring of the small ticks on the seconds dial doesn't really bother me either. It's too bad they are locking threads again even worse in the Dive Watch forum. I think the best bet here is I would only pick one up used. Hopefully that seller would have much better service than Doxa themselves.

Had a look at some of their suggested retail prices and I really don't think they have reached the price tier of Rolex-Omega-Breitling. The latter three have much better CS to start with and better QC.
    I agree and would go as far as to say that I wouldn't care if they fixed the dials or not. But the DOXA approach to this (and the stealth lume, and the mis-spelled dials, and, and) is deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    I second Bob's motion for "brand-ignore" buttons ... having gotten rid of some of the more obnoxious contributors on my display by way of the friend and foe function, it is time to take such a feature to its full use. :D
    The flaw in this approach is that one would then miss out on discussions of vintage, pre-Jenny, DOXAs. IMO they are valuable, collectible watches which have an important place in the history of dive watches.

Master

Who doesn't care? You still managed to post two more reply's after your own post above....................

Isn't it watch talk and that's what you do on a watch forum, I think it serves as a reminder of just how bad service can be.

You can't discuss Doxa watches on the Doxa forum, and nature abhors a vacuum.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by cbh
    Who doesn't care? You still managed to post two more reply's after your own post above....................

Isn't it watch talk and that's what you do on a watch forum, I think it serves as a reminder of just how bad service can be.
    Agree with Craig, Why is it nothing to do with TZ-UK ? its where i find out about this stuff, i care and want to know.

wanker.

Craftsman

Just to remind you why we use this forum and not others.

A direct quote from a thread on the Doxa forum about negative comments being posted about the sponsors.

"This forum has very little to do with watches."

Direct from the moderators mouth!

C

Quote Originally Posted by macbigyin
    A direct quote from a thread on the Doxa forum about negative comments being posted about the sponsors.

"This forum has very little to do with watches."
    And even less to do with being a forum!

What's even worse, and does bother me slightly, it seems you can't even freely discuss them at the watchuseek dive watches forum any more...

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread ... light=doxa

And yes, I agree, it does have nothing to do with tz-uk, but I am still glad that a free discussion of this and other topics is still possible here.

Master

if ime in a pub and i dont like the conversation i go to another table... :lol:

unless eddie bans talking about doxas surely its called watch talk

and anyone thinking of buying one is now better informed.... :wink:

I'm not interested in this thread and I don't want to see it re-surfaced (if you catch my heavy drift). Bye-bye and so long (no offense) but life goes on.
    Well to be fair, you don't have to read it if you not interested. But with 77 posts & over 2000 views there obviously are many others who do, so best leave it to them to get on with it! :wink:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

TZ-UK : A friendly place to discuss watches without oppressive moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercutio
    What's even worse, and does bother me slightly, it seems you can't even freely discuss them at the watchuseek dive watches forum any more...

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread ... light=doxa

And yes, I agree, it does have nothing to do with tz-uk, but I am still glad that a free discussion of this and other topics is still possible here.
    It looks bad when watchuseek start banning open discussion of Doxa on other forums. It makes it seem like they are 'in Doxa's pockets', so to speak, since the Doxa forum is a paid forum.

Personally I see little appeal in so called 'official' brand forums. I would rather get the 'word on the street' than whatever propaganda those with vested interests would try to have me believe.

The so called 'Doxa war' might not have anything to do with TZ-UK in as much that it started elsewhere, but open discussion of watch related issues certainly does belong here, and that's all this is.

However desireable the watch, I couldn't bring myself to do business with folk who can't deal with criticism or rise above "bashing" (to use the word of the moment).

and then there's always the entertainment value ... :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by X-stacy
    Personally I see little appeal in so called 'official' brand forums. I would rather get the 'word on the street' than whatever propaganda those with vested interests would try to have me believe.
    For ...ehhhmm... some of those, I agree.

I go to watchuseek mainly for the Stowa/Schauer forum there, which happens to be an "official forum". It is true, there too is a lot of "fan" feeling, but I do not think Joerg S. would have criticism edited or deleted. The other day, there was someone very unhappy with the Stowa service (a rare occasion indeed), and you still can find his post there, unedited and politely answered (albeit not to his full satisfaction, I suppose).

So, official forums can be different.

Banned

yes well i know one thing , what goes in must come out silk pyjamas , big bananas mutton , beef and trout :albino:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB
    aaaaaaaaw yeah. :hello1: :joker: :occasion9:

Where's the popcorn???

:lol: :lol:

Where's the popcorn???

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Where's the popcorn???

D XA

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    Well to be fair, you don't have to read it if you not interested. But with 77 posts & over 2000 views there obviously are many others who do, so best leave it to them to get on with it! :wink:

R
    I have been watching this thread with some interest - I was aware of Doxa and that the brand had/has quite a strong following. I must admit that although I don't find the watches particularly appealing, I can understand why others do.

When I was in financial services retailing, it was said that it costs 3 times more to attract new customers than it did to keep existing ones, it was also said that nothing spread faster than bad news (and which has recently been shown to still be true with Northern Rock queues to get money out).

With this in mind I would have thought that it would have been in Doxa's interest to put their hands up, admit to having made a mistake or two, and to move on - instead of damage limitation they appear to be adopting the ostrich approach: their choice but one that doesn't seem to have worked, so far.

Looks like Watchuseek is down altogether?

Have DOXA have banned everyone, including Ernie? :lol:

Works for me.

Craftsman

I have been out and missed this whole mess. When i went to click on the WUS link, it appears the entire thread is deleted.

Can someone inform me as to the underlying problem regarding the color of the subdials?

This has nothing to do with DOXA...

But, the other day, one of the Mods at large IM'd me and told me that I had to take off a portion of my sig...that, "Hell, I have so many anyone want to trade", violated the WUS Rules of wanting to trade, without putting it into the Wanted To Trade secition of the Forum?????? I don’t want to trade, it was, and still is a joke.

Also, there was the time, that a Brother Mason, started a thread, and we were talking about Masonic Wactches, we all recived a PM stating that our thread was upsetting some of the forum members…so, the closed the thread, and then deleted the entire thread. So, I guess you cannot talk about Masonic Watches.

............ I guess you cannot talk about Masonic Watches. [/size]

I wonder if you can talk about the official Jesus Army watch with those nice chaps over on the WUS Mil/Pil forum?
    http://www.jesus.org.uk/jesus-army-watc ... watch.html

After all, an army is an army. :geek:

john

They're offended by images of weapons on wus too.

I do not know, I doubt it, although technically it is a watch, is has the name Jesus on it, and that might be offensive to some, and the poster would get a nasty gram, as well as anyone else discussing it. Now, why if hypothetically, it wasn’t religious, it was a Mexican Watch Company and the owner was Jesus. Would it still be a controversial watch?

This watch of course could only be talked about in the Wanted To Trade Forum…

I have learned one thing at WUS, not all watches are watches, and some watches are taboo to talk about period.

Example a watch is a watch unless it is a Masonic Watch. Then it becomes a deleted thread.

Now what gets me is many over there have in their sig line a watch name and FS, but apparently FS is OK…

Therefore, I am going to put Ferrari 288GTO FSOT, and when they ask me to remove it, I will say it’s my car not a watch and it will go to the auto forum for discussion…

They're offended by images of weapons on wus too.
    Well, you have heard have you not, that watches and guns are a deadly combination.

I mean look at this Rifle, harmless by itself…sitting there minding its own business…

However, look at the difference, when I put my 1990 Issue Marathon in it, you can see the beast arising from it.

WUS concluded guns do not kill, people do not kill, watch and gun combo’s are deadly…now, sit back and imagine, this...if there was a Masonic Thread, with guns, watches, a Jesus watch, and a few Masonic watches…the chaos that would case!

Some things just do not make sense…

How can a gun offend? How can a fraternity offend?

I tell you what some of the watches I have seen are offensive, but I say nothing! LOL

IMAGINE A WATCH NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT.

or see. :P

john

That follow the same school of thought, if a tree fell in the woods, and no one was around to hear it, did it make a sound?

This has nothing to do with DOXA... But, the other day, one of the Mods at large IM'd me and told me that I had to take off a portion of my sig...that, "Hell, I have so many anyone want to trade", violated the WUS Rules of wanting to trade, without putting it into the Wanted To Trade secition of the Forum?????? I don’t want to trade, it was, and still is a joke. Also, there was the time, that a Brother Mason, started a thread, and we were talking about Masonic Wactches, we all recived a PM stating that our thread was upsetting some of the forum members…so, the closed the thread, and then deleted the entire thread. So, I guess you cannot talk about Masonic Watches.
    I chuckled today when the mad-dog moderator of the Dive Watch forum (the most blatantly bonkers of the lot, IMO, and trigger-happy to the point where I can easily imagine him bursting into a Macdonalds and massacring dozens) started a thread on there entitled "The word turd". I shit you not (no pun intended).