closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: For a super shiny car!

For a super shiny car!

Heads up at Aldi chaps! I've just done my car (washed first) with this and I have to say it is fantastic polish. Is getting rave reviews from users and pro valetters.
    It's only £2.99 ..very cheap for this quality .

Apprentice
    Never really got my head around these 'waterless' type cleaners.

Do they really work without scratching the paintwork?

I mean what if the car is really dirty- I like to give it a good hose off to get rid of all the bits of grit etc.

Surely if you just squirt this straight on and then rub off it's going scratch?

Tell me I'm missing something and I will definitely give it a go.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

You’d have to wash and clean the paintwork first, as with any polish type substance.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    You’d have to wash and clean the paintwork first, as with any polish type substance.
    That's what I thought, so the box saying waterless WASH & wax is a little misleading ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

The purpose of these waterless products are exactly as they state, without water. You’re meant to spray it on a dirty car as a quick cleaning solution.

You might as well dip a sponge in glue and drag it through a quarry before using it to wash the car in the traditional manner. Or take the car to an auto wash - same difference.

How they can legally claim this is a washing solution is beyond me?

There’s people that swear by it and YouTube tutorials. I’ll stick to snowfoaming

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    There’s people that swear by it and YouTube tutorials. I’ll stick to snowfoaming
    Me too. Snowfoaming is good for the soul.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

I wouldn't use it without washing first, but it's a great product for waxing the car. Come on it's only £2.99... it even smells nice 😊

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I wouldn't use it without washing first, but it's a great product for waxing the car. Come on it's only £2.99... it even smells nice 
    Ah, but what does it Taste like???

Master
    Is it as good as the ‘showroom shine’ stuff?

I’ve actually used that on my van, even when dirty (as I’m not fussed about swirls) and it’s really nice to use actually. You can even do it in sunlight and it doesn’t bake on.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Ah, but what does it Taste like???
    It's okay, polishes up your vocabulary 😂

Craftsman
    Is this for people that still use a sponge to wash the car with?

Having spent years, wasted unnecessary hours, and a small fortune in the process, I’ve come to the realisation that although ‘I know’ the car is clean, no one but me appreciates it. With my last couple of cars, I’ve found a local jet wash drive through that does a good job (general degrease spray before jet wash, different mitts for top and bottom halves, and compressed air to blast out all the standing water before towel dry). £5 at my local. I take it home and then give it a 15 minutes going over with Meguiar’s Last Touch in a 1/3 dilution. Wipe on with one micro fbire, wipe off with another. Looks lovely afterwards.

My only golden rule - Winter, Spring, Summer or Autumn... to the jet wash man every week without fail. Don’t let traffic film, bird crap et al, build up for any longer than that. So, £20-£25 a month at the jet wash, plus £0.50 worth of a Last Touch.

I’ve got my sense of perspective back, but I still get a liitle time to run a micro fibre over its lovely curves without it costing me a whole Sunday. It’s not a Ferrari and no one’s looking at it through a loupe.

I probably spend more time on the windscreen than anything else. My time behind the wheel is spent looking through it. When using a half decent glass cloth, most glass cleaners I use seem to do a really exceptional job. The cloth is the most important thing, I think.

Gary

^ What he said - except I jet wash every 2 - 3 months - (bird crap must come off as soon as though)

Master
    My wife took my car into town the other day. When she came back the roof was literally covered in seagull crap. She must have been parked under a street light or similar where they were sitting. Trouble was, as the sun was scorching, the roof is a black plastic and the said crap was now baked on. I immediately soaked it with cold water and wet towels before hosing and washing it off, in between numerous filthy looks at her.
    But...... it has marked the roof in various places as though it has eaten through the top finish layer of the plastic. Tried all sorts of cleaners, waxes, finishes etc but the marks remain. Looks like waterstaining and although most folks wouldn't notice it, I DO!!!! As I'm hyper about the car anyway. So off to see the local bodyshop guy and see if he can do anything about it.
    She will be sticking to using her own car for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    She must have been parked under a street light or similar where they were sitting.
    Something like that 😁

The other end of the scale.

If anybody has a couple of days to spare to read through it.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=81391
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Something like that 

There is a Scouser on YouTube goes by the name CarCleaningGuru who's very good explaining various things mentioned in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

This is spectacular and sad at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    This is spectacular and sad at the same time
    Indeed. It's a Vauxhall for heaven's sake!

My wife took my car into town the other day. When she came back the roof was literally covered in seagull crap. She must have been parked under a street light or similar where they were sitting. Trouble was, as the sun was scorching, the roof is a black plastic and the said crap was now baked on. I immediately soaked it with cold water and wet towels before hosing and washing it off, in between numerous filthy looks at her.
    But...... it has marked the roof in various places as though it has eaten through the top finish layer of the plastic. Tried all sorts of cleaners, waxes, finishes etc but the marks remain. Looks like waterstaining and although most folks wouldn't notice it, I DO!!!! As I'm hyper about the car anyway. So off to see the local bodyshop guy and see if he can do anything about it.
    You don't want a body shop. You need a detailer or a valeter who can polish.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sammyl1000; 29th May 2018 at 21:05. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

I died halfway through that one

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I died halfway through that one

Well done for getting that far!

Craftsman
    My bank holiday Monday was spent giving my car is bi-annual detail, washing, polishing, waxing and lastly a resin polish and tyre dressing. Interior next weekend.
    I find it very relaxing and therapeutic, the family think I'm a bit sad!

I use:
    Wash - Cherry snow foam
    Polish - Autoglym
    Wax - Turtle carnuba
    Resin polish - Autoglym
    Tyre dressing - Autoglym
    Wheels - Bilberry Pro

Nome of these products come cheap so the OP's £2.99 may be worth a try.

Master
    Why does stuff always happen when they’ve got your car!

I hate lending my car to my Mrs and I’m not precious about it, she’s a terrible driver (and I tell her all the time). The speed limit is a target for her rather than a limit!

I bought her a nice little Audi A3, nothing fancy but way nicer than she’d ever had. Every panel is dented and scraped after a year. Of coarse every time I say “how did that happen?” I just get “well I don’t know, wasn't me”.

She’s a community nurse so is driving all day. One day some bloke knocks on the door of a patient she’s treating... “hello is that your car?” Her car had rolled down the drive, across the road and come to a stop on a verge the other side of the road against a tree!

I met her somewhere the other day (we were both in our cars) so she could give me something. I pulled up in a lay by and she backed in next to me. We were both parked on a slight slope in front of some bloke sat in his car. She gets out to go in the boot and you hear ‘click’ and the car starts to roll back towards this guy sat in his car. I jumped behind and held the car as I’m shouting at her to get the handbrake (after she just side steps out the way)

It was at that moment I realised why this happens to her. When she sets the handbrake she pushes the button in on the set and (unluckily) it sometimes rests between the ratchet. So I then have to teach her to set the poxy handbrake properly.

I could dedicate a whole thread to her driving.

My cars only ever get washed at the dealers when they go in for a service.

Journeyman
    i am a firm believer in detailing - yes, some of the things on detailing world take things a bit too far!

i have my car detailed approx every month at a cost of £100 which takes the guy a whole day including his travelling time to my home

he even has an 'onboard' water supply - all i have to do is provide coffee and electric power

to me its worth it as i look after my cars and when i sell every single one has sold to the first person to view (two were even sold without being viewed - only photographs)

with monthly detailing 'layering' is attainable with the 'wax'/ceramic coatings - protecting from bird shit/salt in winter and general crud

as for 'showroom' finish - that made me laugh

when i collect my car from main dealer after servicing etc i look in the showroom at new cars awaiting collection - my God, swirls/holograms over the body and this a top end marque with many cars over £100K

my dealer records say DO NOT WASH THIS CAR - they did once and it cost them £250 for paint correction to get rid of the swirls/scratches they inflicted

i watched them washing a £120K car - sponge dropped on floor - picked up and back in use!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nick h View Post
    i watched them washing a £120K car - sponge dropped on floor - picked up and back in use!!!!
    That probably meant they charged the customer extra. Have you seen the price of dealer OEM grit?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    That probably meant they charged the customer extra. Have you seen the price of dealer OEM grit?
    pmsl - thank you

my detailer via me offered to give the 'car wash' people at the main dealer a FREE tutorial about washing cars - was declined as 'they' knew better?

according to the dealer principal to follow good washing process would take too long as they allow less than 15 minutes per car