closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First time buyer of the IWC Pilot's Chronograph..help needed with a question :)

Journeyman

First time buyer of the IWC Pilot's Chronograph..help needed with a question :)

Hello everyone,

I have recently started looking into IWC timepieces and am currently planning to purchase one of the Pilot's Chronograph models. I was at an AD yesterday looking through the various models they have, and I noticed a strange (to me) behaviour on the chronograph.

As I started the chrono function, I noticed that the chrono hour hand on the chrono hour register/totalizer is to the left of the 12 marker. When I stopped the chronograph and started it again, the chrono hour hand will then jump forward slightly. It seems like the chrono hour hand is abit 'twitchy'? When I reset the chrono function, the chrono hour looks like it is properly reset at the center position.

The behaviour seems to be intermittent, i.e. sometimes its fine, but at times the chrono hour hand is slightly to the left of the 12 marker. I also noticed this on another 2 pilot's chronographs they had in store.

Is this behaviour normal for the 7750 based movement?

I'm hoping some of you guys can chime in here...if this is normal for the movement I will have no hesitation to go ahead with the purchase..

Many thanks!!!

What did the AD say about your observations?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    The sales person was surprised to see it and afterwards tried to convince me it is normal :)

I’d be interested to hear it from other owners of the watch or people with experience with the 7750 movement...