closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Your thought about the new Breitling navytimer 8 auto 41

Your thought about the new Breitling navytimer 8 auto 41

What I like about it

-the size is reasonable 41mm
    -looks good on leather, bracelet and should look good on nato
    -versatile daily beater, a bit of a tool watch with a vintage touch looks sporty and elegant
    -a good alternative to the flutted bezel or some other non flutted bezel Rolexes
    -free interest credit everywhere

Last edited by Artium; 15th May 2018 at 19:18.

Blog Entries
    yawn

Most modern Breitlings are brash and garish (IMHO), yet ironically that is very bland.
    F.T.F.A.

Apart from the dial and the bezel, it looks ok.
    It's just a matter of time...

Looks more like a microbrand offering, which wouldn't be a bad thing if they asked microbrand prices.

Craftsman
    The should have called it something else, it’s not a navitimer.

Blog Entries
    :yawn: discussed before.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Most modern Breitlings are brash and garish (IMHO), yet ironically that is very bland.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    :yawn: discussed before.
    And this.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I don't like the almost-plain bezel. And the date window seems to be trying too hard to blend in, and failing. Otherwise, I like it.

Master
    Still awful

Love the knockers on this thread, if this had a Crown on it they’d all have sticky keyboards ....

I like this, suspect it looks better in the flesh than that pic.

Master
    It's rather bland and it's a shame as I like Breitling but I feel they have lost their way at the moment. I don't see this as a Navitimer or a strong contender for a fresh design of a classic. Maybe this is a transitional phase and they'll latch onto to something over the coming years.

Batons instead of Arabic numerals and no coin edge bezel, have the regular Navi bezel.

looks very ‘boring’ for a Breitling and more microbrand !

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Apart from the dial and the bezel, it looks ok.

Doesn’t really do it for me, and I suspect it will be heavily discounted by dealers - to move them.

I'm glad you like it Artium... I don't.

As has been said elsewhere in this thread, to me it's not a Navitimer - and I own one. Actually, to me it's not really much of a Breitling - and I own three.

As has also been intimated here, it might have been better if you had contributed to one of the various threads about the new Breitlings running here, instead of starting yet another. There is a Search facility that actually works quite well.

Simon

Oh, and the spelling is Navitimer.

Master
    They should have launched it as a new line and not as a navitimer. I personally dislike 90% of the brands offerings finding them too busy, too big, too blingy. I do like the transoceanic day date watch and this offers something different and in pictures at least I quite like it. Would be a good alternative to an Omega Seamaster aquaterra or somthing of that ilk.

I think because if it’s simplicity it will probably sell well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    It's rather bland and it's a shame as I like Breitling but I feel they have lost their way at the moment. I don't see this as a Navitimer or a strong contender for a fresh design of a classic. Maybe this is a transitional phase and they'll latch onto to something over the coming years.
    I guess the direction of Breitling Georges has taken them will offend older Breitling lovers. The recent releases are very subtle compared to the busy Breitlings of the last 30 years. You and many others will feel they’ve lost their way but to me it’s a much nicer directions and they’re producing a lot of Breitlings I would wear. I imagine the trick is which camp is more profitable to inspire, the direction change can only be due to poor sales and the huge range of watches. They wouldn’t be changing it if it didn’t need fixing, the used prices of Breitling tell you all you need to know really and he fact you could walk into any store and pick up their ltd edition Navitimer at a big discount. Something had to change.

Personally I dislike most old (not vintage) offerings from Breitling as they look big, bling and really fussy. A mate of mine who knows how into watches I am was keen to show me some ltd edition Navitimer he bought last year for nigh on £8k and it just couldn’t be further from my type of watch.

Georges has also hinted at some more vintage inspired pieces coming soon (I did ask him on IG if we’re talking the cool 60’s and 70’s looks that are so popular with collectors) and he said “wait and see” so I’m hoping that means some funky late 60’s/70’s retro goodness.

Apprentice

Unhappy breitling

i don't like particularly the latest breitling model, this is no exception

Breitling have done a classic Georges Kern thing here.
    They have taken a brands iconic model name - Navitimer, and produced a watch that, although good-looking in a classical sense, completely lack the features of the original model.

Good looking? Yes
    Breitling? No
    Navitimer? Definitely no
    Too expensive? Almost certainly yes, becaue Monsieur Kern wants to add the premium cachet of the Navitimer brand onto it and charge accordingly.

I have nothing against this watch, but it has been shoe-horned into a range that doesn't need it or want it.
    BTW, does the bezel rotate? The original press stuff didn't mention whether it did, and if so, whether it clocks etc etc.

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Yep, tend to agree. I think something like the Bremont Airco Mach 3/BL does this look much better (albeit with no rotating bezel).

https://www.bremont.com/watch/airco-mach-3/27242

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I'm glad you like it Artium... I don't.

As has been said elsewhere in this thread, to me it's not a Navitimer - and I own one. Actually, to me it's not really much of a Breitling - and I own three.

As has also been intimated here, it might have been better if you had contributed to one of the various threads about the new Breitlings running here, instead of starting yet another. There is a Search facility that actually works quite well.

Simon

Oh, and the spelling is Navitimer.
    I tried the advanced search nothing came up, sorry if it hurt you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    They have taken a brands iconic model name - Navitimer, and produced a watch that, although good-looking in a classical sense, completely lack the features of the original model.

Good looking? Yes
    Breitling? No
    Navitimer? Definitely no
    Too expensive? Almost certainly yes, becaue Monsieur Kern wants to add the premium cachet of the Navitimer brand onto it and charge accordingly.

I have nothing against this watch, but it has been shoe-horned into a range that doesn't need it or want it.
    BTW, does the bezel rotate? The original press stuff didn't mention whether it did, and if so, whether it clocks etc etc.

Dave
    It makes a lot of sense thanks Dave

Just been reading about this in WatchTime - the changes are driven by the Chinese consumer who find most of the brand’s offerings as too large and too cluttered.

Totally dull.

Blog Entries
    I’ve handled it both during the Legendary future roadshow and during Baselworld and it does nothing for me. Very rudimentary and quite boring from my point of view. However, I think it’s going to be a massive hit, especially at the current price point. So if you like then go for it.

Blog Entries
    If you are looking for Live Photo’s, then there are plenty of the different versions on my Instagram.

And here:
    https://klocksnack.se/threads/molle-....89679/page-11
    Last edited by yonsson; 21st May 2018 at 21:48.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

Good looking? Yes
    Breitling? No
    Navitimer? Definitely no

Dave
    I agreed too.

Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    If you are looking for Live Photo’s, then there are plenty of the different versions on my Instagram.

And here:
    https://klocksnack.se/threads/molle-....89679/page-11
    Sort of looks like something I would expect from Bremont.

Craftsman
    Looks like the bezel has fallen out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Sort of looks like something I would expect from Bremont.
    Or Hamilton, or IWC. Surely fitting to the Chinese market nad not to my taste but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Looks very bland, certainly not something I can imagine buying.