closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Harrods BlackBay Green

Talking Harrods BlackBay Green

Thought I'd share it here.

Just picked this up exactly a week ago as my first Tudor watch.
    I've always been keen with Tudor especially the red and blue bezel, however the green has won me over. I also appreciate the small little details with the second hand and ft/m placement. Knew I had to get it when I saw leaked images before it was announced publicly.

It took a bit of a wait as I had my name down in November, the list wasn't crazy long then. I was about around 150 ish on the list and I'm pleased to see they did try to get the watch # close to it. Although it seemed most are getting random numbers now?

Anyway I had to make a trip down to Harrods just to pick it up. It was my first experience buying a watch from Harrods FineWatches and I have to say, it has been excellent and welcoming. I even got to try and check out some H.Moser watches. Was nerve wrecking strapping on a £70k watch on the wrist

Seems like everything as it should be. Including the transportation case

It compliments the Hulk really well I think

Loving it more and more. Subtle and understated.

Master

Very nice. I actually find that more visually appealing than the Hulk, but to be fair your pic of the hulk is quite nice, normally they look really garish in pics.

I love it, and these photos are beautiful, especially the one with the HULK.

I picked up mine a few weeks ago; great pictures and congratulations on getting a superb watch. I prefer the green of the Tudor to the Hulk, but the Rolex is still very nice! The Harrods version is certainly one to keep an eye on in the future 👍

Master
    Congratulations - super looking watch and a nice complement to the Hulk. Enjoy it!

And, thanks for the super pics.

Super looking Watch. Love the sheen on the Hulk in your photo.

Did you phone Harrods to get your name on the list ? Or have to call in person ?

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sheridan View Post
    Super looking Watch. Love the sheen on the Hulk in your photo.

Did you phone Harrods to get your name on the list ? Or have to call in person ?
    Thanks all. Very pleased with it.

I was there in person to get my name down. However I did kept in touch with them from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    Thanks all. Very pleased with it.

I was there in person to get my name down. However I did kept in touch with them from time to time.
    Same here, proves it’s worth ringing them if you’re on the waiting list.

Just noticed there’s one of these on Watchfinder...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Just noticed there’s one of these on Watchfinder...
    At a 100% mark up on RRP I see!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rossmore10 View Post
    At a 100% mark up on RRP I see!!

Be interesting to see what becomes of that...and there’s a Bucherer too!

What a class watch, well done

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Very nice. I actually find that more visually appealing than the Hulk.
    Me too. I don't like the ceramic LV at all, and no amount of FOMO is going to convince me that a dull green ceramic insert combined with a vivid green dial results in an appealing watch. I'll stick to my 16610LV.

Journeyman
    Wow, what a amazing shot !

Gorgeous! Way better that the Hulk imho & enough of a difference from the Kermit to to individual rather than a copy. Wish I knew about this as feeling quite gutted...

Craftsman
    Be interesting to see what becomes of that...and there’s a Bucherer too!
    I’m sure someone will be willing to pay it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossmore10 View Post
    I’m sure someone will be willing to pay it!

Yep, wouldn’t be surprised to see it go pretty quickly; bet Harrods & Tudor won’t be too happy seeing that!

That is cracking looking watch. I wonder how long it will be before the BB 58 starts getting the different coloured bezel treatment?

I actually asked watchfinder how much they would offer for mine out of pure interest.

Between 2.5 and 3k...

It's not for sale by the way.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Minutes View Post
    I actually asked watchfinder how much they would offer for mine out of pure interest.

Between 2.5 and 3k...

It's not for sale by the way.

I hope no one buys it - not yours - the Watchfinder one. They take the hit and miss.

Journeyman
    What number did you get? If you don't want to give the exact number on an open forum I understand but a range would help just to give an idea of how many are out there. Thanks.

I really do hope they flood the market with these.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I really do hope they flood the market with these.
    Doubt it, there’s only 300-400 in existence now and there may not be many more after that.

I have one between 150-175. I've heard there are approximately 400 out there at the moment. I think they arrive in batches and I haven't heard of a mass of people being told to collect for at least a week or so, as such, I reckon that numbers pretty accurate.

Master

Very nice!!

I do love the look just don’t want a shops name anywhere on my watch, even Harrods ?!?!

Loving the LV

Chris

Craftsman

Many more to come

Doubt it, there’s only 300-400 in existence now and there may not be many more after that.
    Tudor has informed Harrods that everyone on the list will receive the Green Bay over the coming 12months and after that I believe that the Green Bay is to become a regular production piece in the line up, it will just lose the Harrods inscription from the caseback.

Ally maybe correct in that many more of these will hit the market but sellers will not be seeing the profit only the dealers with their exaggerated prices, as we see with Watchfinder offering £2.5/3k but selling for 100% mark up. Blowers has one a couple of months for close on 7k which I am sure was a handsome profit for them on what is now going to become a regular production model.

Problem is that sellers look at what WF and Blowers etc are selling models for and think they will make a quick profit but then get a shock when they receive the buy in offers from the dealers, they then come to Sales corner and look to gain any profit from a member, as they will certainly not get it from the dealers.

The Bay models are a well built and in today’s market a very competitive price option in what can be at times ludicrous prices in the watch market but for me they are riding the wave of vintage homages which is starting to get a little tiresome now throughout the watch industry.
    Last edited by Flasher; 13th May 2018 at 00:52. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Tudor has informed Harrods that everyone on the list will receive the Green Bay over the coming 12months and after that I believe that the Green Bay is to become a regular production piece in the line up, it will just lose the Harrods inscription from the caseback.

Ally maybe correct in that many more of these will hit the market but sellers will not be seeing the profit only the dealers with their exaggerated prices, as we see with Watchfinder offering £2.5/3k but selling for 100% mark up. Blowers has one a couple of months for close on 7k which I am sure was a handsome profit for them on what is now going to become a regular production model.

Problem is that sellers look at what WF and Blowers etc are selling models for and think they will make a quick profit but then get a shock when they receive the buy in offers from the dealers, they then come to Sales corner and look to gain any profit from a member, as they will certainly not get it from the dealers.

The Bay models are a well built and in today’s market a very competitive price option in what can be at times ludicrous prices in the watch market but for me they are riding the wave of vintage homages which is starting to get a little tiresome now throughout the watch industry.
    There’s a lot of crystal ball gazing and hopecasting going on here and I’m probably as guilty as anybody in that respect. However, I can’t see Tudor turning this into a regular production model, the shade of green was designed specifically for Harrods - that’s why it’s called ‘Harrods green’.

Once this ‘Special Edition’ run comes to an end, that’s it. Tudor won’t be producing any more Black Bays in that particular shade of green.
    Last edited by WHL1882; 13th May 2018 at 09:14.

Journeyman
    Beautiful looking watch, I think I may prefer it to the Hulk too. Congratulations and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your new addition.
    I am not normally a fan of a green dial/bezel.
    But those two are the exception to the rule
    Cracking photos

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on your new addition.
    I am not normally a fan of a green dial/bezel.
    But those two are the exception to the rule
    Cracking photos

Master
    I hope no one buys it - not yours - the Watchfinder one. They take the hit and miss.
    What hit will they take if ,as above ,that’s what they paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    What hit will they take if ,as above ,that’s what they paid for it.
    Sorry, it’s what’s known as Cockney Rhyming slang - ‘hit and miss’=... Surely you must have watched Dick Van Dyke’s performance in ‘Mary Poppins’??😊

Master
    There’s a lot of crystal ball gazing and hopecasting going on here and I’m probably as guilty as anybody in that respect. However, I can’t see Tudor turning this into a regular production model, the shade of green was designed specifically for Harrods - that’s why it’s called ‘Harrods green’.

Once this ‘Special Edition’ run comes to an end, that’s it. Tudor won’t be producing any more Black Bays in that particular shade of green.
    Just to add they are pricing the same on EBay . They may of course reduce in value , but if a person sold it at 4500 on the Bay and undercut dealers prices by a grand. There’s no hit at all in fact a nice return. Anyway time will tell.

Master
    It does look good. I didn't realise it is in demand. They had one for sale when I was there yesterday picking up my Blancpain.

Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    It does look good. I didn't realise it is in demand. They had one for sale when I was there yesterday picking up my Blancpain.
    Is it in the glass cabinet? That could be just the display model and not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    Is it in the glass cabinet? That could be just the display model and not for sale.
    Yeh that’ll be their display model.

Master
    Sorry, it’s what’s known as Cockney Rhyming slang - ‘hit and miss’=... Surely you must have watched Dick Van Dyke’s performance in ‘Mary Poppins’??
    Ah Okay I get you now.
    Don't worry so much about prices or production levels though and enjoy your watch.
    It looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Ah Okay I get you now.
    Don't worry so much about prices or production levels though and enjoy your watch.
    It looks great.
    Agree - Cheers 😊👍

Craftsman
    Numbers 45 (front) and 46 (rear) were on display when I went in last week. They are "owned" so cannot be tried on but let you see the watch in the real and obviously drum up interest. The guy they served before me put his name down for one as did I.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Not a bad looking watch at all! I haven’t been keeping up to date with these watches but could I get one still at RRP? I’m assuming not but worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    Not a bad looking watch at all! I haven’t been keeping up to date with these watches but could I get one still at RRP? I’m assuming not but worth asking.
    I doubt very much that you would get one at RRP although it might be worth enquiring directly with Harrods about getting on the waiting list. These are going for between £4-£5.5k used at the moment.

Love it, it's the perfect "modern" kermit :)

Master
    Picked up mine on Saturday and am really pleased with the way the muted green looks against the gilt hands and dial.

Craftsman
    I doubt very much that you would get one at RRP although it might be worth enquiring directly with Harrods about getting on the waiting list. These are going for between £4-£5.5k used at the moment.
    Thanks. Think i’ll mull it over abit :)

Blog Entries
    I like that a lot and congrats.

Get a pic up on the Black Bay thread, would be rude not to.

Pitch