closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Traser SAS Watch?

Hybrid View

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here’s one for you,just came to my attention I will leave no comment other than it’s in the same vein.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

^Gear up your fire team?

I take it the market is teenagers proficient in Klingon who don't tidy their room?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Don’t ask me I like this bit.

We're creating a watch for soldiers, by soldiers. Who is a soldier you ask? A soldier is a person who stands up straight, takes responsibility and doesn't back down from a fight, whether wearing a uniform or not. The Nordic Battlefield Watch is the rugged timepiece that we, the soldiers, want to wear ourselves. Simple and without fancy details, but with reliability and a classic design. The soldiers watch redefined.

Redefined, In what possible way?

Redefined as the perfect watch to go with those shoes that have a compass in the heel.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Redefined as the perfect watch to go with those shoes that have a compass in the heel.
    I always wanted a pair of those as a kid,every boy in my school did.

Ended up with rubbish DMS

Appealing to the inner fantasist . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Ah! Good old marketing bods, full of it as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    The legendary Wayfinders. I still miss my pair and hope that I may be able to pick some up on SC one day. Military minded boys in the ‘60s also appreciated the animal tracks in the sole, to help us identify potential food/threats while on patrol.

As close as it is possible to get to the exact timepiece favoured by the SAS”

If I were the type of person who found that sort of claim interesting and wanted to buy on the basis that I could own such a watch that has such an affiliation, I’d ask you as the retailer “how do you know?”

If your company, or Traser themselves, couldn’t answer that then I wouldn’t trust the brand if I couldn’t trust the claim.

This watch would sell well IMO if it was marketed on the strengths of its spec and was priced (considerably) lower than £500. There’s no need for the false claims.

Master
    I must say I quite like the look of the watch, irrespective of its credentials (or lack thereof) as special forces equipment. And while idly Googling this morning, I came across this nugget, from 2002:

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/artic...-tie-in/162304

(Andy) McNab has signed a two-year sponsorship deal with watchmaker Traser that sees him promote the watches in his thrillers.

McNab's latest novel 'Liberation Day' sees his hero Nick Stone take on Al-Qaeda and contains more than 60 references to Traser watches.

One passage in the book reads: "I dug my right knee into his left thigh. His cologne filled my nostrils and I saw a gold Rolex glint on his wrist. This boy had obviously never seen what a Traser could do for you."