closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 2656

Thread: The Pizza Thread.... show off...

Master
    Wood for me (not pellets though).

Master
    Anyone else tweaking their dough recipe?

I’ve been using PizzApp religiously with 3% salt and water according to skill/preference (I’m happy about 65%) but a few weeks back had pizza from a local pizza place.

The pizza was noticeably less salty, so last weekend I made my dough with 2.5% salt and it was much nicer (wife agreed)

Anyone else done anything like this to perfect the dough? I was considering doing 2.5% salt again today but with a little extra yeast to compensate though it held up fine last week

Master
    I’m going to use the Ooni beer dough recipe next time. Sounds tasty.

https://uk.ooni.com/blogs/recipes/beer-pizza-dough

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Anyone else tweaking their dough recipe?

I’ve been using PizzApp religiously with 3% salt and water according to skill/preference (I’m happy about 65%) but a few weeks back had pizza from a local pizza place.

The pizza was noticeably less salty, so last weekend I made my dough with 2.5% salt and it was much nicer (wife agreed)

Anyone else done anything like this to perfect the dough? I was considering doing 2.5% salt again today but with a little extra yeast to compensate though it held up fine last week
    If you are using less salt, you need less yeast, not more. Salt inhibits yeast activity.

I have been experimenting with salt during an early stage but settled at 3%, I think it's down to individual taste. Unfortunately most of us, me included, are probably used to the taste of too much salt.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Thanks Raffe, and you’re right of course — I meant to say less yeast. The dough was visibly more active when I decreased the salt. I think I’ll try the 2.5% salt again and knock a little off the yeast to test.

Blog Entries
    I’ve been ruining 2% for a while now as I tend to add parmigiana to the tomato.

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    If you are using less salt, you need less yeast, not more. Salt inhibits yeast activity.

I have been experimenting with salt during an early stage but settled at 3%, I think it's down to individual taste. Unfortunately most of us, me included, are probably used to the taste of too much salt.
    You are right on the taste of salt is the a taste we have become accustomed to, thankfully seems to reduce each generation in what is deemed normal.

I tried at the start reducing salt, as I seem to find it really can dehydrate me, but the pizza was lacking something as a result.

When I cook, I tend to season correctly so nothing is needed after. Was an interesting training session many years ago, by a Mr Blanc who owns a rather famous restaurant. We spent an age learning about how much salt in a dish was perfect & learning by salting water.

Probably the best work training courses, with about 7 sessions there over a few months. Working as a buyer for a foodie retailer had its perks, usually a cookery course every month somewhere - bet they have changed all that these days!

Still yet to get back on the bike with my new stone after the original failure. Life has just got in the way, but need to get on it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    EffeUno kinda day for Mrs P and me.

Tasty

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post

Tasty

The indoor electric one? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The indoor electric one? If so what are your thoughts on it?
    Fantastic but of kit with consistent results. It doesn't have the theatre of my wood fired Clementi outside but equally as good on the taste front.

If I'm doing 20+ I run the pair together outside.

I generally park it in the kitchen in the garage but decided to park it in the utility, it will certainly get more use over the winter.

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    You are right on the taste of salt is the a taste we have become accustomed to, thankfully seems to reduce each generation in what is deemed normal.
    My father-in-law adds so much salt to everything it's unreal. We don't normally have salt on the dining table as we aim to season things well when preparing, but he demands it before even tasting the food and then pours it all over his plate - not sprinkle, literally pour. It's a wonder that he's only had two heart attacks.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    My father-in-law adds so much salt to everything it's unreal. We don't normally have salt on the dining table as we aim to season things well when preparing, but he demands it before even tasting the food and then pours it all over his plate - not sprinkle, literally pour. It's a wonder that he's only had two heart attacks.
    I see that from my grandfather to my father. The former, long departed used to do the pouring of salt on everything; think this originally drew my attention to it. Amazing.

Back on pizza, a couple of great ones in Berlin. Larger than the plate, slightly too crisp, but the flavours were great. There was a €50 gigantic chef’s choice one, but far too large and far too worrying to risk trying.

A nice change from schnitzel and curry wurst lol.

Tasty

There is an Effeuno oven on Sales Corner right now. Just saying.

Hmmm. Does anyone have a link to a comparative review between the Effeuno and the Breville Pizziaolo? Might need to think on this

Master
    Hmmm. Does anyone have a link to a comparative review between the Effeuno and the Breville Pizziaolo? Might need to think on this
    Haha you’re a nightmare, aren’t you!

I’ve not done the research, but believe I know what the answer will be….as do you!

Buy it, if only to stop me from doing it!

Blog Entries
    I see that from my grandfather to my father. The former, long departed used to do the pouring of salt on everything; think this originally drew my attention to it. Amazing.

Back on pizza, a couple of great ones in Berlin. Larger than the plate, slightly too crisp, but the flavours were great. There was a €50 gigantic chef’s choice one, but far too large and far too worrying to risk trying.

A nice change from schnitzel and curry wurst lol.

Top fuel for running the marathon, how did you get on Sunday ???

Pitch

Haha you’re a nightmare, aren’t you!

I’ve not done the research, but believe I know what the answer will be….as do you!

Buy it, if only to stop me from doing it!
    I read the reviews, doesn't seem much in it although the Effeuno can get a bit hotter. Thankfully temptation is out of the way now as it has gone to another budding pizzaiolo

Master

Pitch

Pitch
    Alas I was there the weekend prior to the marathon!

I’m only a few weeks into my health kick, so way off anything like that. A 50min session on the elliptical has me with jelly legs on the walk home from the gym.

Master
    Love my Effeuno. So easy to use, though I do need to remove a heat alarm from the ceiling prior to use!

I'm only a few weeks into my health kick...
    So you did buy the Effe?

Master
    So you did buy the Effe?
    Nope, was not me.

Kitchen / utility would be ugly with it in there & not storing in the garage to carry out when needed.

Still need to get my training wheels back off with the Ooni tbh.

Blog Entries
    For those who follow Vito and may not have seen this.

Pitch

https://youtu.be/jO6HwbcJu1I?si=NVNI7kwJy2awjvI9

For those who follow Vito and may not have seen this.

Pitch

https://youtu.be/jO6HwbcJu1I?si=NVNI7kwJy2awjvI9
    He sounds confused. He doesn't understand how views are coming from Google search and that many of these leave again after one minute and then says this is a conspiracy against him and we must support him?

Maybe he should stop doing the same video over and over again, I haven't seen anything new or original from him in ages.

Blog Entries
    I don’ like Iacopelli, now is repetitive and artificial in his mannerism. Have learnt quite a lot from “Gigio Attanasio” and “Malati di Pizza” - simple and reliable. Both for my transition to Effeuno, and for tweaking of the no-knead or little-knead techniques.
    Last edited by Franco; 22nd October 2023 at 13:36.

Blog Entries
    Yes Raffe, agree, but I have learnt so many tips over the years.

Thank for those ones my friend, I will give them a look Franco, luckily sub titles are a saviour, my Italian is rusty at best.

Grazie Mille.

Pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I don’ like Iacopelli, now is repetitive and artificial in his mannerism. Have learnt quite a lot from “Gigio Attanasio” and “Malati di Pizza” - simple and reliable. Both for my transition to Effeuno, and for tweaking of the no-knead or little-knead techniques.
    I have to say I quite learned something from him in the beginning, but I think his videos have become worse over time. As he was trying to pander to a larger audience, he became sloppy in message and also technique. His early stuff is good, the recent videos are just poor repetitions with inferior content, I stopped watching at least a year ago.

There are some real masters out there, and plenty of charlatans. Thanks for the mentions, will check them out.

70% hydrated white Pizza with homemade sausage.

70% hydrated white Pizza with homemade sausage.

70%!!! How was that to handle and stretch?

70%!!! How was that to handle and stretch?
    Not a problem, only a question of technique. This is something that I actually learned from Vito (see above). Do your stretch and folds and any dough is manageable.

Master
    Homemade candied jalapeńos- mucho gusto!

And my first attempt at gluten-free dough, using the Caputo Fioreglut flour.

Mrs Cheese said it was the best gluten-free pizza she’s ever had.

That's the sort of feedback we like, great success!

I have had a bag of the gluten free flour for over a year and it's still unopened. Did you change the recipe? Suppose it needs even more folds to get some strength into the dough?

Master
    I used the Ooni recipe.

https://uk.ooni.com/blogs/recipes/gl...ee-pizza-dough

It was extremely sticky and I was worried it would be a failure, but if you work it enough (it needs a LOT more work than normal flour) it starts to bind.
    You have to use a lot more yeast, which means it rises a lot more and looks like meringue after a few hours, and you have to be really careful when stretching it as it tears really easily.
    But if you handle it gently it makes a really good looking (and apparently good tasting) pizza

Not a problem, only a question of technique. This is something that I actually learned from Vito (see above). Do your stretch and folds and any dough is manageable.
    OK will give it a try thanks

Blog Entries
    Great looking grub chaps and I love a white one, my fav

Pitch

One of my favourite pizzas: potatoes on cream, ham and buffalo, topped with Parmigianino. 70% hydration.

Craftsman
    They all look great gave it a go in my BBQ as i was having no luck with the oni pellet oven and it seemed to work a bit better.

This was my first shot at doing it in the bbq and making our pizza dough .

If anyone has a dough recipe then that would be great if it’s a bit more tried and tested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember who it was that suggested using rice flour on the peel but whoever it was thank you! That's a game changer - super easy to get the pizza into the oven with no sticking!

Neither nor.

Sprinkle rice flour over the ball before you take it out of your tray. Use a spatula to slide the flour underneath the ball and it will come off easily. Then drop it on a plate with more flour before stretching (NOT ROLLING).

Ah I should have guessed

Great tip? Makes a big difference and much less gritty crust compared to using semolina

Blog Entries
    I did try rice flour but could not get on with it so went back to Caputo semolina.

I had some cracking little pizza whilst away a couple of weeks ago and adopted these at home for pizza bash last weekend. Four of us drinking wine, eating in the kitchen and I just kept knocking out 120g dough balled pizza cut into four, it worked a real treat just resting up and then eating again, four hours in total. This was with the Effeuno in the utility so no going outside in the cold.

Pitch

Master
    I did try rice flour but could not get on with it so went back to Caputo semolina.

I had some cracking little pizza whilst away a couple of weeks ago and adopted these at home for pizza bash last weekend. Four of us drinking wine, eating in the kitchen and I just kept knocking out 120g dough balled pizza cut into four, it worked a real treat just resting up and then eating again, four hours in total. This was with the Effeuno in the utility so no going outside in the cold.

Pitch
    Sounds brilliant. I often find it stressful catering for a group = pressure.

However, this approach sounds fun. May have to give it a go one day.

Pitch
    Can I play next time you do that?

Blog Entries
    LOL. Cheers my friends.

I use to find with a group just banging out 12” pizzas it was full on but this approach of pop round Sunday for a drink and pizza / garlic bread nibbles worked so well. Definitely less stressful A 👍🏼

Got a couple more planned over the break so will stick some pics up.

Pitch

Master
    LOL. Cheers my friends.

I use to find with a group just banging out 12” pizzas it was full on but this approach of pop round Sunday for a drink and pizza / garlic bread nibbles worked so well. Definitely less stressful A 👍🏼

Got a couple more planned over the break so will stick some pics up.

Pitch
    Like the sound of that, chill, chat, cook and consume at leisure!

Master
    Like the sound of that, chill, chat, cook and consume at leisure!
    Yep, sounds like a good time. Not having to go outside definitely helps, looking forward to making good use of mine indoors over Christmas.

Turkey, cranberry and stuffing pizza anyone…?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Yep, sounds like a good time. Not having to go outside definitely helps, looking forward to making good use of mine indoors over Christmas.

Turkey, cranberry and stuffing pizza anyone…?
    Strangely that does appeal to me!

Blog Entries
    Strangely that does appeal to me!
    Really???????? Look at yourself…..Lol

Turkey is going nowhere near my Effe. Sweet Xmas pud one ?????

Pitch

Master
    Really???????? Look at yourself…..Lol

Turkey is going nowhere near my Effe. Sweet Xmas pud one ?????

Pitch
    Some play on pigs in blankets would be good.

Blog Entries
    Some play on pigs in blankets would be good.
    Like that a lot buddy..

Right, as the OP of this nuts pizza thread, I formally declare the Christmas Pizza Challenge is on. Ho ho ho.

No excuses over the festive break chaps.

Pitch

Challenge accepted.