closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Magnetic bracelet, what do you think.

Magnetic bracelet, what do you think.

Not long back from the Bmad bike show in Paignton, cracking day out with great weather. But the reason of this thread, I allowed myself to be talked into a magnetic bracelet thingy. Been thinking of one for awhile as life’s aches and pains mount up with the passing of time.
    I guess there are a few people here have tried one, what were your impressions and expectations?

Journeyman
    I have a few friends who have copper bracelets or magnetic ones and they swear by them. Personally the science doesn’t stack up but they seem happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Never tired one but if it can help.me get out of bed in the morning, which is a struggle due to my lower back, then I'll give one a try (I'm 41 by the way😕).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Never tired one but if it can help.me get out of bed in the morning, which is a struggle due to my lower back, then I'll give one a try (I'm 41 by the way).
    A little blonde did it for me but it was a bit more expensive than the bracelets :-)

B

Voodoo....but if it works for you...why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Voodoo....but if it works for you...why not?
    Yes, same with copper.

Might mess with watches too.

Placebo effect is a positive effect none the less

Grand Master
    As stated earlier, the science doesn`t add up but some folks claim they work.

If I have aches and pains I prefer to get them correctly diagnosed and treated. Often there's nothing that can be done, particularly as you get older, but I`m not convinced a copper or magnetic bracelet will do me any good.

Paul

As already stated I can’t find any hard evidence that it works, I won’t do any drugs unless there is no other option, I’ve tried some “natural “ supplements with some effect but it’s still ingesting an unknown substance, so thought I would give this a go, placebo affect is good will me if it happens.

Different application but years ago we were given a load of these magnetic fuel savers to trial on our loan and sales vehicles. It was difficult to judge 100% due to the varied amount of drivers that used the vehicles however not one vehicle showed any improvement in fuel economy.
    The SM stuck one on his old Series and it made not 1 jot of difference, we sumised prior to the results that any improvement would have been probably down to the person driving the vehicle differently.
    The devices apparently aligned the fuel molecules which aided combustion.....total cobblers.

Tried copper - green wrist, no difference.

Tried magnet - clean wrist, no difference.

Tried hologram - nothing.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I bought a copper bracelet whilst on holiday in South Africa 16 years ago. I simply walked past a stall that had thousands on display and bought one on a whim. I wear it all the time.

I have never suffered from arthritis or aches and pains and hope I never will. I cannot attribute that to the copper bracelet and on balance I suspect it is a load of old baloney but wearing it is no big deal, so I wear it just in case.

I take a multi vitamin and cod liver tablet every day but I don't have a clue whether they work or not, again I take them just in case they do work.

Blog Entries
    Copper, magnetic etc bracelets have no space in evidence-based medicine or medical science. Personally, have always told patients that they can use whatever they want if its good for them, provided that they do no harm to themselves or others.

Craftsman
    Yes, I asked a rheumatology consultant the same question.
    His reply was there is no scientific evidence to support the theory but as others have said if it works for you then fine.......

Just don’t wear it next to your watch (if it’s affected by that type of thing).
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Tried copper - green wrist, no difference.

Tried magnet - clean wrist, no difference.

Tried hologram - nothing.
    They won't work, you need a crystal bracelet https://www.loveforcrystals.com/coll...emedy-bracelet

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    I wear a Magnet incorporated in a silicone band.
    Works for me, in the sense of energising me.(I’ve taken it off after wearing a month and noticed the difference energy wise)

Horses for courses....

Quick update, I have worn a small magnetic bracelet for a week non stop now, and dare I say I have noticed an improvement in aches and pains in general.
    It may well be a plasebo effect, but I definitely feel better, so now I’m going to look for something more powerful and appealing to wear.

Master
    Snake oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Snake oil.
    Oh I’ve no doubt about it, I’m not endorsing magnetic bracelets, but I personally have noticed a difference in how I feel. Maybe it’s the weather change or any number of other factors but I do feel a benefit.

I was interested in this back in the 1990s and tried a magnetic bracelet of the era back then. Though I am positive it did 'something', and have experimented with magnetism (using huge neodymium slabs) on seeds, drinking water, and various things since - my conclusion being magnetised things do have a clear improvement in 'health', I'm not convinced that a little bracelet on the wrist has enough influence on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    This is the reality. Placebo is such an important complex effect that all pharmaceutical companies invest billions in double blind trials under law (Federal Regulations USA / MHRA mandate UK).

But if placebo works then take advantage...

In my area then Neil? I run motor cycles for the Crashbox Powderham show in July

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post
    In my area then Neil? I run motor cycles for the Crashbox Powderham show in July

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Not far from Powderham, right next to RD&E.