closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sarb bargain - very briefly

Sarb bargain - very briefly

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEIKO-SAR...19.m1438.l2649

I was about to hit the buy button and it got pulled, wonder if will actually stand behind the 2 that
    did sell....

These listing appear all the time. The sellers usually ask between £10 and £20 and often have 10 or more watches listed at a time.

Very clearly fakes and I have reported a few listings and had them removed.

Even if the seller is decent enough to send something on to you, it will have come from a sweat shop in a back street in China, certainly not the Seiko factory.

Buyer beware on these.

Getting any SARB017 in top condition below £400 is getting difficult these days, which makes a joke of these £10 offerings.

Also, check out the sellers other listings. The last one I saw was also selling old DVDs and second hand baby clothes. Doesn't sound very WIS does it.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 5th May 2018 at 07:49.

At £7.99 via PayPal what’s to lose

7.99?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I did a buy it now on a similar one to this recently, it got pulled the next day. Had to leave it a week before I could lodge a not delivered case, refund came through very quickly from a paypal account in China.

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    At £7.99 via PayPal what’s to lose
    Your dignity, knowing you're giving to a scammer ? Yes you'll get the money back eventually but you're also giving money to someone who has hacked an account and will transfer the money out and get away with it. Why subsidise their lifestyle ?

Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    Your dignity, knowing you're giving to a scammer ? Yes you'll get the money back eventually but you're also giving money to someone who has hacked an account and will transfer the money out and get away with it. Why subsidise their lifestyle ?
    Bit Harsh I Hadnt even had a chance to look at the seller etc. I was looking at the listing when it got pulled.

I was actually looking to see if there was a bunch of higher value stuff appearing since yesterday view their max £1.00 final fees weekend.
    Last edited by TBKBABAB; 5th May 2018 at 08:27.

Bit Harsh I Hadnt even had a chance to look at the seller etc. I was looking when it got pulled.
    I think the point is that you are knowingly buying a fake, irrespective of the price.

A massive no no for most on here

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think the point is that you are knowingly buying a fake, irrespective of the price.

This was meant to be a bit of a light hearted post, I only posted it as it got pulled while I was looking at it, I don’t trawl Ebay for bargains and had no Idea this happens regularly.
    There was obviously something wrong with the listing, I had no intention of buying one, don’t need one whether it’s 99p or £500.

This was meant to be a bit of a light hearted post, I only posted it as it got pulled while I was looking at it, I don’t trawl Ebay for bargains and had no Idea this happens regularly.
    There was obviously something wrong with the listing, I had no intention of buying one, don’t need one whether it’s 99p or £500.
    Nope, you have offended everyone in the world now..... Wait, no just some watch "experts" on the internet.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

...I had no intention of buying one, don’t need one whether it’s 99p or £500.
    I think perhaps it was this: "I was about to hit the buy button and it got pulled..." that's caused the problem.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

I think it’s more likely to be a total scam rather than a fake? I can’t see the listing at all as it’s been totally removed.

Quite common now for people to sell a load of watches really cheap (and of course some people can’t resist the too good to be true price) and it’s nothing more than an advert. You won’t get a Watch, you’ll get a refund but the scammer can apparently have the money they’ve stolen from these sales.

I’ve seen the same thing posted elsewhere and it amazes me you always get people falling for it with the “you never know” line.

I just wouldn’t get involved. There’s cheap, then there’s obvious foul play. A cheap £400 Watch would be £320, not £10!

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    I think it’s more likely to be a total scam rather than a fake? I can’t see the listing at all as it’s been totally removed.

Quite common now for people to sell a load of watches really cheap (and of course some people can’t resist the too good to be true price) and it’s nothing more than an advert. You won’t get a Watch, you’ll get a refund but the scammer can apparently have the money they’ve stolen from these sales.

I’ve seen the same thing posted elsewhere and it amazes me you always get people falling for it with the “you never know” line.

I just wouldn’t get involved. There’s cheap, then there’s obvious foul play. A cheap £400 Watch would be £320, not £10!
    I agree. These people use the same listing, same images. When you click on them everything is identical except the price and the seller. Very much a cut and paste job.