closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival - I’ve Sinned again!

New arrival - I’ve Sinned again!

For the last 2 years my watches have been all over the place in trying to convince myself 1 watch is enough. Have had many cracking pieces but ultimately moved them on. Too precious, too small, too big, too many etc and everything in between. Just haven’t been able to settle.

I feel 3 watches will be my limit. After all 1 just isn’t enough is it? With that in mind and having had the opportunity to try some very different watches of late, as well as revisiting some familiar ones, I recently took the plunge to try out the Sinn EZM1.1 and it arrived today from the States.

Having owned 2 originals before, the size for me was always a tad bit too small and as much as I loved them, I would always let them go. Being 43mm this reincarnation hits my sweet spot perfectly. Having already tried out the U1 end of last year being of similar size, the weight of the tegimented steel case really isn’t an issue. Having removed 1 link from the tegimented steel bracelet total weight is just over 200g. This might be heavy for many but preferring bigger watches I like to know I’m wearing it.

I’m not a bracelet kind of guy so after much frustration and swearing (30 minutes to be precise) I was able to remove the springbars and bracelet. Note to anyone who goes down the same route, once that bracelet is on it’s a bitch to remove. Shame it doesn’t have drilled lugs.

I’ve always been a big Lemania 5100 fan so I do miss that movement in this particular watch, but at the same time appreciate movements that are slowly becoming obsolete need to make way for modern incarnations and the 7750 is a tried and tested calibre.

So back to wearing this on a day to day basis I’ve opted for the lovely Steveostrap strap which sets the watch off perfectly.

Am I smitten, hell yeah! The original will always be the “daddy”, but for me the EZM1.1 will be the perfect version for me. All the same features, future proof movement, same easy to read dial and centre hand chrono, tegimented steel case which from experience is amazingly scratch proof, beautiful domed crystal and choice of straps (do love their rubber version). What’s not to love?

1 down, 2 to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Craftsman
    That's a cracker! Looks great on that strap too. I've a U1 and have a serious need for another Sinn, an EZM is very high up the list of wants.

200g is brutish. I really like the weight and heft of the U1, it has real presence on the wrist.

And very nice that is too.

Taking off the bracelet will have helped with the extra weight of your model over the original:

mod dia head mat
    EZM 1.1 43 mm 106 g SS
    EZM 1 40 mm 61 g Ti

I wonder if Sinn will ever make an EZM1.1T ?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    And very nice that is too.

Taking off the bracelet will have helped with the extra weight of your model over the original:

mod dia head mat
    EZM 1.1 43 mm 106 g SS
    EZM 1 40 mm 61 g Ti

I wonder if Sinn will ever make an EZM1.1T ?
    In a way I hope not. The EZM1.1 pays respect to it’s heritage whilst maintaining its own individuality with size, case, movement and it’s own stamp on the dial. Another clone with just a different movement would have cheapened the watch imho.

Master
    Jason,

Such a lovely watch the 1.1.
    As per your post, for me the 1 will always be the daddy and the king of the ezm family but it is very nice to see Sinn experimenting with new movements and looking back to its roots for inspiration. Not that it ever lost its way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Nice Can you tell me the approx lug to lug length please?

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Nice Can you tell me the approx lug to lug length please?
    Approx 48mm and sits very comfortably. If I'm honest, on the wrist it does wear much smaller than its dimensions.

Master
    Thanks. That it disappointing as it means it would be perfect for me and now I really want one! I didn't realise they were a limited edition so I guess that means a long wait or paying over the odds.

Very nice, and a worthy successor.
    i still very much like the original (and am keeping mine) , but they have done well with this one. Well picked up
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Thanks. That it disappointing as it means it would be perfect for me and now I really want one! I didn't realise they were a limited edition so I guess that means a long wait or paying over the odds.
    Was initially going to buy new from Neil at Chronomaster but didn't have the funds available at the time he received his batch, however ironically buying from the States mint but "secondhand" through Chrono24 worked out cheaper and that included fully declared value for insurance & import duties.

Journeyman
    Nice watch Sinn, my acquisition from you hadn't left my wrist since we did a deal! What I enjoy the most about these is the ruggedness they exude effortlessly. Like you said they're tanks.

Master
    Superb, how tool watches are meant to be.

Craftsman
    Congratulations on your wonderful new Sinn :-)

That looks wonderful, particularly on the strap!

The original was and always will be one of my favourite watches. The case shape and domed crystal, along with the super clean dial really are a joy to behold.

Congratulations

Sanjay

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice, simple dial and looks bulletproof