closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Shock GMW-B5000D-1JF Japan-only Edition

G-Shock GMW-B5000D-1JF Japan-only Edition

Collected today from Parcel Force (after I had paid the import tax)
    Very happy I initially thought it was a bit heavy but it is great on the wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan of Casio or digital watches really, but this is going to be a future classic for sure. Beautiful.

My nephew is fast growing his collection and commented on this the other day

How much are they and where are they available?

Will it hit the U.K. anytime soon

It’s a lovely thing to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post

I think they are selling for approx $1000 right now due to demand!

What differentiates this as the Japan Only edition ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post

It was a Japan only edition so not expecting it in the UK, but you never know. Cost about £725 with import duty.

Wow

Lovely, is this a limited edition?

Might see if I can get one from Singapore...

I dont see whats different from the version on the uk gshock site for 400 quid ? (Which is what i am looking to get)

Cheers

Matt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I dont see whats different from the version on the uk gshock site for 400 quid ? (Which is what i am looking to get)

Cheers

Matt
    I have one on order and I can't see the difference... what am I missing.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I have one on order and I can't see the difference... what am I missing.
    “New Release: Casio’s first ‘5000 series’ G-Shock with full metal construction (with full tech specs and price)” via @watchvillehttps://api.watchville.co/v2/posts/34491/click

The UK version isn't available at present.

https://g-shock.co.uk/product?v=GMW-B5000D-1ER

It does look very similar though and a lot cheaper than the Japanese version.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The UK version isn't available at present.

https://g-shock.co.uk/product?v=GMW-B5000D-1ER

It does look very similar though and a lot cheaper than the Japanese version.
    I must be honest I have a few G’s as they are a great tool watch, but I know very little about them. I saw this and just had to get it.

It’s no Audemars Piguet but it dose make a change, I will try not to scratch it.

Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    I must be honest I have a few G’s as they are a great tool watch, but I know very little about them. I saw this and just had to get it.

It’s no Audemars Piguet but it dose make a change, I will try not to scratch it.

It is very nice, clearly a finger print magnet

I have completed the notify me bit on the UK site. Might give this a go at £450.

Nice watch but absolutely identical to the UK version that went on sale last week for £450.

Currently sold out as Carnaby stret store and casio online sold out within one day. More due later this month and eventually other casio dealers will get them.
    Silver version is standard model. Gold and dlc are limited editions. 500 of DLc I think.
    When i spoke to gshock london they told me silver would be an ongoing model.

Quote Originally Posted by JAM35F View Post
    Nice watch but absolutely identical to the UK version that went on sale last week for £450.

Currently sold out as Carnaby stret store and casio online sold out within one day. More due later this month and eventually other casio dealers will get them.
    Silver version is standard model. Gold and dlc are limited editions. 500 of DLc I think.
    When i spoke to gshock london they told me silver would be an ongoing model.
    Had the same conversation with Carnaby earlier. They only got 5 of the DLC! I can only wait for the silver and hope another DLC comes around in a few more years.

Anyone closer to figuring out what a Japan version does? These references are all made in Japan so not sure what the difference is if there is one at all.

Congrats to the OP for getting one anyway. Good watch and can also be set DDMM finally although could be confusing if you have a few g shocks...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Had the same conversation with Carnaby earlier. They only got 5 of the DLC! I can only wait for the silver and hope another DLC comes around in a few more years.

Anyone closer to figuring out what a Japan version does? These references are all made in Japan so not sure what the difference is if there is one at all.

Congrats to the OP for getting one anyway. Good watch and can also be set DDMM finally although could be confusing if you have a few g shocks...
    Didn't spot the date/month being correct for UK.

However re Japan version i am not sure there is any difference but will await an expert to tell me different.

Mine should be here this week.

Definately no difference. I spend most of my watch forum time in the gshock section of another site and these watches have been discussed for months. Only difference is the UK allocation for now has sold out so if you are happy to pay a premium price for one today then Japan is best option. But silver version will definately be restocked in the UK over the summer.

Lovely looking watch that i had planned to buy but too much of a smart watch for me. I dont want a watch that needs an app to do all its functions. My oldest gshock is nearly 20 years old and works great. Will the app for these watches still work in even 10 years? Doubt it. 5 years? Wouldn't bet on it.

My hope is casio bring out a more basic version. Just solar would do. Ditch the tech and make a proper gshock to last decades.

Definately no difference. I spend most of my watch forum time in the gshock section of another site and these watches have been discussed for months. Only difference is the UK allocation for now has sold out so if you are happy to pay a premium price for one today then Japan is best option. But silver version will definately be restocked in the UK over the summer.
    Can I clarify, are we saying that the gold and the Porter are now sold out and that is it, if you want one head over to e-bay and pay £850.00 for the gold while you still can and £2.5k for the Porter.

I did hear that the silver is not a limited edition and that in slower time these will become more available and therefore it is unwise to pay a premium - unless you are desperate for bragging rights

Just looking to understand how the market for these is at present.

Lovely looking watch that i had planned to buy but too much of a smart watch for me. I dont want a watch that needs an app to do all its functions. My oldest gshock is nearly 20 years old and works great. Will the app for these watches still work in even 10 years? Doubt it. 5 years? Wouldn't bet on it.

My hope is casio bring out a more basic version. Just solar would do. Ditch the tech and make a proper gshock to last decades.
    Yep, give me a dumb solar atomic version* of this at £200 and I'll have it for my Friday night brawling watch.

(*I guess it would also have a stopwatch and alarm I'd never use)

It’s a lovely watch and there’s nothing else out there for me at the moment.
    I’m still waiting for my 126710BLRO GMT and 126711CHNR GMT to turn up at the dealers another month at least I expect.
    So in the mean time I can play with the G setup is very easy with the app. It will be scratched to pieces in no time so interesting to see how it stands up.

Quote Originally Posted by legin View Post
    It’s a lovely watch and there’s nothing else out there for me at the moment.
    I’m still waiting for my 126710BLRO GMT and 126711CHNR GMT to turn up at the dealers another month at least I expect.
    So in the mean time I can play with the G setup is very easy with the app. It will be scratched to pieces in no time so interesting to see how it stands up.

I know how you feel, as I haven't had a digital watch since I was about 12 I have enjoyed fiddling and setting up things. I don't understand the aversion to the app some people are saying - it makes it less complicated not more to set functions.

I am currently wiping off finger prints quite often but I guess that will settle down. Hopefully it wont scratch too easily.

Just been speaking to the Carnaby Street store and they are expecting to restock both the silver and gold versions sometime this week. The bummer is that you have to call in and collect in person as they will not do mail order from that shop.

Not much use to me being 250 miles away. If anyone is keeping in touch with the shop and intends going in the minute they get wind of more watches, PM me, happy to send you the money up front.

The Porter DLC edition was limited to 500, what allocation the UK got I don't know but I doubt it'll be restocked again.

Gold is definately limited, but what limited means is anyones guess as they are not numbered and even Gshock store had no idea. More will come into stock for £499 in-store and online but how many and for how long who knows, so might be worth picking up one sooner rather than later when they are restocked.

Silver will be restocked online and in-store and eventually at other authorised retailers for £450. Pay a premium now if you are desperate or wait for the summer when they will be easily available and will be stocked for the forseeable future.

All this info was given to me by either Carnaby street store or by just asking casio by email, so any errors are from them.

Personally I can see other finishes/specs/collaborations being released in time. These sold like hot cakes in the first week of release, have been praised on all forums and must have taken alot of development time/money. So casio will milk them for all they are worth and quite rightly so.

So if you can patience is the order of the day.

Thanks for this. The Carnaby Street store is of little use to me, but I have registered to be alerted when anything appears online. I suppose the trick is to be quick. If you get an e-mail then jump on it straight away.

I won't be paying e-bay prices for these.

What exactly does the Bluetooth do on this watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Last edited by S.L; 1st May 2018 at 19:38.

G-Shock GMW-B5000D-1JF Japan-only Edition

Connects phone to App .

You can set time , pick 5 world time cities on a map, set 5 alarms, set countdown timer, add reminders.
    Record places and times on a map and send a signal to make your phone make a noise if you can’t find it.

Think that covers it.

Last edited by MarkO; 1st May 2018 at 20:18.

OK thanks for that. Seems a little superfluous though as the watch can do most of that from its own buttons. Very tempted by one of these due to the looks, but will need to try one on. I had the resin cased version a while back and seem to recall it wears a little wide across the wrist due to the end links. The metal case may make that worse?

OK thanks for that. Seems a little superfluous though as the watch can do most of that from its own buttons. Very tempted by one of these due to the looks, but will need to try one on. I had the resin cased version a while back and seem to recall it wears a little wide across the wrist due to the end links. The metal case may make that worse?
    It doesn't add any additional functionality but if you an old B like me, and a bit of a G Shock novice it is much easier to manage on the app

Journeyman
    Is this basically an all steel version of the GW-5000?

Quote Originally Posted by chappardababbar View Post
    Is this basically an all steel version of the GW-5000?
    Yes and no. More features etc. Worth the upgrade just a shame the silver is so polished where the bracelet meets the head.

Someone over at watchuseek has already taken their silver one apart and bead blasted it for a matt appearance. Only seen it in pieces but looks pretty good. Easy to take these apart too so bead blasting is an option to tone the brightness down. Could get me interested in buying one again.

Craftsman
    Someone over at watchuseek has already taken their silver one apart and bead blasted it for a matt appearance. Only seen it in pieces but looks pretty good. Easy to take these apart too so bead blasting is an option to tone the brightness down. Could get me interested in buying one again.
    Yeah, I've seen that - that's what Casio need to do ASAP, it looks insane.

If anyone is interested I just received the below on email from Carnaby Street.

“Just to let you know there will be a restock of the GMW-B5000 in the silver and gold tomorrow. We have very limited pieces so it will be a first come first serve basis and limited to 1 piece per customer due to high demand.”

If anyone is interested I just received the below on email from Carnaby Street.

“Just to let you know there will be a restock of the GMW-B5000 in the silver and gold tomorrow. We have very limited pieces so it will be a first come first serve basis and limited to 1 piece per customer due to high demand.”
    How frustrating, they won't do mail order and I am 250 miles away. Hopefully if e-bay gets flooded the prices might fall a little.

If anyone is in the area and doesn't want one for themself, happy to make it worth your while to call in and get one and Mail it on. PM if you can help.

How frustrating, they won't do mail order and I am 250 miles away. Hopefully if e-bay gets flooded the prices might fall a little.

If anyone is in the area and doesn't want one for themself, happy to make it worth your while to call in and get one and Mail it on. PM if you can help.
    I’ll try for two. They open at 10 and I’m the on my person here so they might be lacx. How sad I am on my day off going into London for 9, leaving the house at 7.30!

I’ll try for two. They open at 10 and I’m the on my person here so they might be lacx. How sad I am on my day off going into London for 9, leaving the house at 7.30!

Fingers crossed - any colour will do. The gold would be nice.

Fingers crossed - any colour will do. The gold would be nice.
    Sadly not. I tried a few times but they weren’t budging. Adamant it’s one per person. Not sure if they Ebay resellers influenced that or not.

Sadly not. I tried a few times but they weren’t budging. Adamant it’s one per person. Not sure if they Ebay resellers influenced that or not.
    Thanks for trying. Should have got some bloke outside to go in for you and bunged him £20

How come the shop have them, but the website doesn't.

I will end up paying e-bay prices as it would cost me a few hundred quid to get to London - so it would probably work out the same.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 3rd May 2018 at 11:01.

Where does one find pricing info on these? Can't see anything on the Casio website for UK prices?

Particularly into the DLC variant which I think is the GMW-B5000TFC-1*

Never owned a G!

Edit: ooof. Just seen Ryan's sales post and the eBay link to another. Wow.

Edit 2: just checked with the Carnaby store and no restock on the DLC. They have silver and gold in stock and will also be getting more of both anyway.
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 3rd May 2018 at 11:26.

Master
    I think the silver is £450 the gold £500 but not sure on the DLC.

I have ordered mine from the US and with import tax it's coming in around £520 but it would cost me more to travel to London and pick one up plus i wasn't sure how many would be available so i am happy to pay the premium.

Not intending to sell as i am a GW5000 fan boy but nice to know if i do i will get my money back.

Master
    I can confirm he certainly did try!

Nice to meet you wileeeeeey.

What is the point of the website if they have none and all the watches are being sold in Carnaby Street to people who can collect.

I am 250 miles away and have no alternative to paying e-bay prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post

Nice watch, such a shame about the misaligned date window that is affecting these models.

Did you get one?

There is hope after all.

Can I have first dibs please before you list it on SC

Master
    Did you get one?

There is hope after all.

Can I have first dibs please before you list it on SC
    I did. You may not want mine though as I have just taken the bling out of it with some garryflex!

I did. You may not want mine though as I have just taken the bling out of it with some garryflex!
    You never know.

Can we see some pics.

I saw some pics from a guy who sandblasted his with beads to turn it from a polished to matt finish. Looked good.

Master
    You never know.

Can we see some pics.

I saw some pics from a guy who sandblasted his with beads to turn it from a polished to matt finish. Looked good.

I've only had a quick go so far so it's a bit tatty at the moment. Will give it a proper go tonight when I get home

Nice to meet you too!

Nice watch, such a shame about the misaligned date window that is affecting these models.
    Thanks for that, didn’t even think to check! Walking back to swap it now.

I've only had a quick go so far so it's a bit tatty at the moment. Will give it a proper go tonight when I get home
    Looking good, you can already see that a lot of the highly polished surface has gone.