closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best exotic straps

Craftsman

Best exotic straps

How about a new thread in this very under-threaded section on straps.

Best exotic strap.

Starter for 10 is Teju lizard. Very hard wearing and imo looks pretty nice.

[IMG][/IMG]

dark blue iguana skin

[QUOTE=RustyBin5;4752348]dark blue iguana skin[/
    Here’s a hot back alligator on my Portugieser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=GOAT;4752738]
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    dark blue iguana skin[/
    Here’s a hot back alligator on my Portugieser

And a Teju lizard on my Air King

Craftsman
    Nice straps!

There's a back-reason for me starting a discussion on exotic straps of course. I'm working on a new standard fit strap for the watches I build and I want to use skins that (a) look really nice, and (b) last a really, really long time. Leather is pretty good, but it starts to look tatty a bit too early for me. So far, Teju is the best combination of good looks and really long lasting. Shark skin didn't really have a look that I liked (too much like wrinkly skin), stingray appears not to last so well, saddle leather is too thick and not so comfortable, and of course I can't afford to have too many different materials made up into straps as they're jolly expensive. Long term testing also takes a long time and accelerated testing is never perfect and does knacker otherwise beautiful straps!

So any thoughts about the comfort and durability of your straps will also be most welcome. I see a couple of those below have buckles instead of deployment clasps so would be interested to know if there's any signs of the skin stretching and splitting where it does a sharp bend through the buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by LorneG View Post
    How about a new thread in this very under-threaded section on straps.

Best exotic strap.

Starter for 10 is Teju lizard. Very hard wearing and imo looks pretty nice.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Very nice that Lorne.

What kind of price are we looking at?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    Very nice that Lorne.

What kind of price are we looking at?
    They're custom made by http://dangerous9straps.blogspot.co.uk/ so each one is a different price depending on materials, construction, lining, core, end shape etc. Best to ask John at Dangerous9 directly rather than me quote his prices. Expensive though, as is any finely crafted and hand made item.

The one in the pic is in a matt finish rather than the normal sheen you find on straps. Combined with the pattern and grain in the teju hide it really makes for a very impressive but subtle strap. And being in Teju skin it's also incredibly hard wearing so should far outlast leather. Overall on a cost per year of use it should come out cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by LorneG View Post
    They're custom made by http://dangerous9straps.blogspot.co.uk/ so each one is a different price depending on materials, construction, lining, core, end shape etc. Best to ask John at Dangerous9 directly rather than me quote his prices. Expensive though, as is any finely crafted and hand made item.

The one in the pic is in a matt finish rather than the normal sheen you find on straps. Combined with the pattern and grain in the teju hide it really makes for a very impressive but subtle strap. And being in Teju skin it's also incredibly hard wearing so should far outlast leather. Overall on a cost per year of use it should come out cheap!
    Some great work on that website.

Where to begin!!