closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vostok Amphibian

Master

Vostok Amphibian

Just picked this nice little Vostok up from the post office, then quickly rushed home to unbox and size the bracelet, it will more than likely end up on a Rubber Strap as whilst the stock bracelet is okay for the job it's a tad tinny and blingy for me.

This is the second Vostok Amphibian I've owned in my short WIS life, and they never fail to surprise me what a bang for your buck Watch they actually are, I will try and tag a few pics onto this thread, but apologies in advance if they turn out blurred as tapatalk doesn't work well for me these days.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I can't speak highly enough of my 710, great watches and as you say unbelievable value. I have mine on a nato most of the time but thinking about a rubber strap when I find one I like the look of.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Great watch but your arm looks way too hairy to be wearing that bracelet for too long!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Great watch but your arm looks way too hairy to be wearing that bracelet for too long!
    Can't agree more, it looks way to blingy and feminine for my liking, I bought an Isofrane from a from a member on SC and he's gonna post it out on Monday, I had it in mind for this Vostok, what do you think?

Nice 'Ministry' cased Scuba Dude! Yes, the bracelet is bloody awful and personally I'd consider putting a 'Pepsi' bezel on, it but they are unbeatable VFM.

If you are interested in the modding side of these versatile watches, pay a visit to this thread: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Amphibia-mods

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Nice 'Ministry' cased Scuba Dude! Yes, the bracelet is bloody awful and personally I'd consider putting a 'Pepsi' bezel on, it but they are unbeatable VFM.

If you are interested in the modding side of these versatile watches, pay a visit to this thread: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Amphibia-mods
    Thanks for the link, I will have a look through that now, yes I've been concidering a bezel mod and the Pepsi looks nice on this Watch.

Anyway, just popped it on a Geckota Canvas for now, I couldn't of gone to work in the morning wearing it on that stock bracelet, it just wouldn't have been right :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanbooth78 View Post
    I can't speak highly enough of my 710, great watches and as you say unbelievable value. I have mine on a nato most of the time but thinking about a rubber strap when I find one I like the look of.

I will post a pic here if the Isofrane works out, may be a bit overpowering for the Vostok as they are quite chunky, will have to see, plus not everyone would want to spend more on a strap than the actual cost of the Watch, I fancied an Isofrane in my Strap collection either way

This is mine on a nato (retaining strap cut off) I am interested to see yours on the isofrane! Should look good I imagine. I got this brass bezel from meranom, I think these bezels really bring out the shape of the case. Some of the aftermarket bezels somehow make the overall shape of the watch less appealing to my eyes. IMG_20180429_174006.jpgIMG_20180429_174416.jpg

Master
    That looks good, cutting the retaining part off is a good idea too, they sit to high otherwise don't they? I've never been a fan of the looped bit of surplus strap at the side either, but I appreciate Nato's have their good points.

I was tempted to get that same dial model you have, looks really good, how long you had it?

Blog Entries
    Nice pick up mate.

I picked this up this week... glad that you are enjoying your handsome bargain. ;)

Greg.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    Nice pick up mate.

I picked this up this week... glad that you are enjoying your handsome bargain. ;)

Greg.

That looks very nice with that white dial.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    That looks very nice with that white dial.

Thanks mate.

:)

Nice touch putting yours on the geckota too... needs must when we want them on our wrist quickly. :) Plus I do agree that the bracelet isn't too spectacular on these (feel wise), but I am still happy with mine and how it looks. Plus I have the: "don't worry about it.. it was £70 new!" element. ;)

Greg.

The 710 is the best case, an excellent choice!

I think what Lampoc meant about the bracelet and your hairy arm is that it's a hair-pulling piece of s**t and you could soon find yourself with a bald strip around your wrist! Get it off that bracelet, they're notoriously rubbish, and onto a NATO or rubber.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    Thanks mate.

:)

Nice touch putting yours on the geckota too... needs must when we want them on our wrist quickly. :) Plus I do agree that the bracelet isn't too spectacular on these (feel wise), but I am still happy with mine and how it looks. Plus I have the: "don't worry about it.. it was £70 new!" element. ;)

Greg.
    Thanks Greg, and the bracelet is certainly wearable, its just that i planned a rubber strap from the start, I'm quite liking it on this Geckota for now though, maybe i will alternate straps on this versatile bargain Watch :)

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Meranom will sell you a decent quality solid link oyster-style bracelet with Vostok-signed clasp for the "Ministry" case.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Meranom will sell you a decent quality solid link oyster-style bracelet with Vostok-signed clasp for the "Ministry" case.
    Thats good to know for a bracelet option, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I was actually amazed at the quality of the oyster for about £15. I got one included with the SE:

710 on BC rubber

SE 020 on 'Tropik'

And this 710 with Murphy bezel is now on a TF canvas, but a NATO works well…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I was actually amazed at the quality of the oyster for about £15. I got one included with the SE:

710 on BC rubber

SE 020 on 'Tropik'

And this 710 with Murphy bezel is now on a TF canvas, but a NATO works well…

Some nice looking combos there, how do you find the bonetto cinturini for comfort?

Master
    I fancy a white dialled one now lol, this is the seller i bought from.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152490291049

Master
    Check out how many different amphibia's he has in stock ⬆️⬆️⬆️

The oyster bracelet that comes with some of the SEs is indeed a quantum leap in quality.

In general I like 420 and 120 cased Amphibia on vintage Perlon for adjustability and comfort. The colours also often work quite well together IMO.

And here's a vintage 090 cased Amphibia on a simple pull-through.

Master
    Paul, in the short time I had it on my wrist I felt it pulling hairs, will try it on the Isofrane as soon as it arrives :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    The 710 is the best case, an excellent choice!

I think what Lampoc meant about the bracelet and your hairy arm is that it's a hair-pulling piece of s**t and you could soon find yourself with a bald strip around your wrist! Get it off that bracelet, they're notoriously rubbish, and onto a NATO or rubber.

Sigh another watch on the shortlist. Shame most don't have a date

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Sigh another watch on the shortlist. Shame most don't have a date
    Other way around; shame most DO have a date. There is no quick-set so there are two choices for setting the date. Either wind the thing onwards through the days, which is a pain in the rear if it's the 3rd and your watch says it's the 4th, or else do this crazy thing with it where you wind it from 9pm to 3am then back to 9pm then on to 3am until it says the correct date.

Either way seems unnecessary, always go for a Vostok with no date if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Paul, in the short time I had it on my wrist I felt it pulling hairs, will try it on the Isofrane as soon as it arrives :)

I have mostly worn mine on a NATO, which is slightly ironic, but works just fine. Another option was a cheap mesh from ebay, can look too blingy though but some of the SE Amphibias have nice brushed cases so wear it a little better than the polished cases.

I find it difficult enough doing without a timer nevermind a date coming from digital gshocks

With the lack of quick set date a watch winder would be useful

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    With the lack of quick set date a watch winder would be useful
    I think you can alter the date by turning the time back and forth from 1 to 6, or something in that order, I know it's not a quick set but not as painful as winding round the dial twice