closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono 24 trusted checkout scheme

Master

Chrono 24 trusted checkout scheme

I'm considering buying a watch through C24, in this country but a long way away. Has anyone ever had to invoke the trusted checkout scheme and how did it go? The watch photos I've been sent look ok but its still alot of money to blast into the ether. C24 does at least seem to offer some insurance, if it works.
    Thanks
    David

they are quite good no issues with them i have not had en exeprience

Master
    I used this a few week ago and had no problems at all, I was pleasantly surprised

Master
    Thanks chaps. So did you return a watch and get refunded or simply use it as a purchase method and it seemed to work as described?
    Thanks

Master
    I have used the trusted checkout scheme before and had no issues. What I would say are that funds are released to the seller as soon as delivery of the watch has been confirmed by the courier company. So if you are getting a package delivered to your office, and the package is signed by reception and sits in the mail room for a few hours before it lands on your desk the money would have been released by chrono24 before you’ve had an opportunity to inspect the watch. I wouldn’t use the trusted checkout as a fall back though...make sure you buy from a reputable seller in the first instance.

I think all returns are between buyer and seller and nothing to do with Chrono24.

The Trusted Checkout scheme just hold funds until the buyer receives the goods.

As with anything, you need to 100% trust the seller and be prepared to pay for a return to wherever you've bought from, bearing in mind Royal Mail International only insures watches up to £500.

EDIT: the post above mine just nicked in before me, but same message

northward
    Are the number of reviews of people on chrono24 to be trusted at all, or can they be manipulated?

Thanks

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    I'm considering buying a watch through C24, in this country but a long way away. Has anyone ever had to invoke the trusted checkout scheme and how did it go? The watch photos I've been sent look ok but its still alot of money to blast into the ether. C24 does at least seem to offer some insurance, if it works.
    Thanks
    David
    Hi David,

I’m in the process of going through the process now and due a refund in the next few days. I’ll let you know the outcome next week.

So far, it’s been fine - their online system tracks the return so Chrono24 knows when the refund will be processed.

One thing I would say is always pay for whatever you decide to buy with a credit card, because it affords you more protection under the Consumer Credit Act if something does go wrong.

Finally, make sure you get photos of every angle you can think of. Sellers are quite clever in hiding certain things by using oblique angles - something obvious to the eye in person can be hidden quite well - something I found to my peril!

Journeyman
    Two incidents with me. Both resolved without issue:-

1. Ordered a time critical present for Ms Cord. Dealer failed to dispatch on time. Got a full return of CCard charges etc..from C24.

2. Had a watch box arrive with internals lined internals not as good as displayed in the photos. Renegotiated with Dealer further discount (or return). Dealer repaid via C24.

Im considering buying a panerai through chrono24, what I don’t get is how some sellers have supposed brand new uk supplied Pams at nearly 2k less than dealer prices.. I guess with chrono24 after sales support it won’t hurt to buy and if everything isn’t 100% legit send it back!

Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    Im considering buying a panerai through chrono24, what I don’t get is how some sellers have supposed brand new uk supplied Pams at nearly 2k less than dealer prices.. I guess with chrono24 after sales support it won’t hurt to buy and if everything isn’t 100% legit send it back!
    I doubt they are UK supplied as in came from an AD in the UK, I just purchased one via Chrono24 from a seller in the UK but watch has come from an AD in Italy.
    Last edited by TBKBABAB; 27th April 2018 at 11:36.

Craftsman
    I've used C24 trusted checkout twice in the last fortnight (one within UK and one from Germany) and both transactions have been fantastically smooth. Every step is logged by C24 themselves, so you know where you're at, and the sellers communication has been great.

C

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.jaye View Post
    I have used the trusted checkout scheme before and had no issues. What I would say are that funds are released to the seller as soon as delivery of the watch has been confirmed by the courier company. So if you are getting a package delivered to your office, and the package is signed by reception and sits in the mail room for a few hours before it lands on your desk the money would have been released by chrono24 before you’ve had an opportunity to inspect the watch. I wouldn’t use the trusted checkout as a fall back though...make sure you buy from a reputable seller in the first instance.
    If you use the Chrono24 Trusted Checkout, once received payment is released 7 days after delivery, so no big rush to grab parcel from reception :-)

I've bought through it twice and never had any problems

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    What MarcJ said is correct

The funds do not get released for 7 days and in some instances 14 days from the point the watch is delivered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    What MarcJ said is correct

The funds do not get released for 7 days and in some instances 14 days from the point the watch is delivered

Just logged onto my C24 profile and said payout was completed 1 day after delivery for my recent purchase. Looks like I was mistaken in thinking funds went immediately on delivery, but seem to have gone the next day, not 7.

Just logged onto my C24 profile and said payout was completed 1 day after delivery for my recent purchase. Looks like I was mistaken in thinking funds went immediately on delivery, but seem to have gone the next day, not 7.
    I received the watch on 25th and says will be paid out on the 30th.

Craftsman
    I can assure you the seller will not receive the funds until 7 days have passed, sometimes 6 depending on weekends, however I can only speak from a trusted seller point of view, I do not now what happens with private individuals

I think if you confirm receipt on the Chrono24 site the funds are then released

Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    I confirmed that on the 25th but still says wont be paid out till 30th.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    No, funds are paid 7 days approx after delivery, I am a trusted seller on Chrono24 and deal with it every week

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    I can assure you the seller will not receive the funds until 7 days have passed, sometimes 6 depending on weekends, however I can only speak from a trusted seller point of view, I do not now what happens with private individuals

Yep agree with this , I’m on day 5 and still awaiting funds