closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega SMPc on final writen warning :)

Master

Omega SMPc on final writen warning :)

As the title says, last chance dot com for my Seamaster Ceramic, to be honest I really have not had much luck with this Watch since going through the AD front door early last year to buy it.

It goes back from the day I went to pick it up when the sales person came out with my Watch from the safe in the back, only for me to discover the bezel was a mile out, so when the second Watch came out and was exactly the same I was forced to buy the one from the window display, no big deal I know but I just fancied one that nobody else had had their greasy Mits on for a change.

So, home I went with my new Watch only to discover I couldn't get a decent fit from the bracelet and it was running plus ten seconds fast, I lived with both problems for a while until I got the adjustable clasp fitted and after a year of use the HEV seized shut so off it went for warranty repair and regulation.

The next thing to go wrong was pretty trivial in comparison, one of the little screws fell out of the Clasp but I was lucky enough to find it and fixed it myself, then some months later the Clasp itself failed so I had to send the Clasp back to Omega.

Now to be fair, Omega fixed the Watch under warranty in record breaking time, and have sent me a replacement Clasp foc again in a fast time.

But to be honest I've been left with a disappointing experience and feeling with this Watch that I once liked so much, sorry for the winging thread her me guys, it's not really my style, but enough is enough I think.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    If it’s any consolation you are not alone. Different brand different model, same concerns. Can’t make a lemon an orange.

Master
    Can totally understand your disappointment. Maybe you could speak to omega about them swapping it for a 2018 release model when they come out? You’ve had more than enough issues to warrant trying that angle, if you like the updated model of course.

An experience like that would sour a relationship with any product really, how often do you wear it ? even though thinking about that its immaterial really as you would reasonably expect it to be more durable than that.
    Think I would be wanting to move it on in your circumstances.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If it’s any consolation you are not alone. Different brand different model, same concerns. Can’t make a lemon an orange.
    Hi Martyn, I guess we've been unlucky, my Speedmaster has been faultless

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Can totally understand your disappointment. Maybe you could speak to omega about them swapping it for a 2018 release model when they come out? You’ve had more than enough issues to warrant trying that angle, if you like the updated model of course.
    I much prefer the model I have Wayne, not sure if Omega would go as far as that anyway but you never know.

To be honest I had a bit of a rant at Omega last week on the phone when the AD called me and said Omega wasn't going to replace the Clasp, Omega then must have called the AD after as they had no record of them receiving the Clasp, you guessed it, the AD forgot to send the Clasp, and after two weeks a sales guy saw the Clasp and just assumed it had been returned from Omega.. well that's what his story was.

Grand Master
    I can understand the frustration, but at the moment (if I`ve understood correctly) you're in possession of a watch that you really like, and it's free from faults. OK, it's been a less than ideal journey so far, but I suggest you look forward. There's no reason for the watch to give any more problems, the He valve sounds strange to me (no-one ever uses them!) and the clasp shouldn't have failed, but there are stacks of these watches around and owners aren`t having persistent problems.

Glass full or glass empty?......I`m not one of life's natural optimists but my advice is to stick with this one. Forget the new model, it's been spoiled in my opinion and they've made the thing bigger..........Omega seem hell-bent on spoiling their better designs!

Paul

Craftsman
    Totally understand your annoyance and I totally understand how that sort of thing takes the shine off something.

In your position, I’d probably want shot of it and I’d probably use the proceeds to fund something else.

Hi ultimately, only you have to live with this watch. When you look at it now, repaired and presumably in good order, are you happy with it, or does it remind you of all the grief? It would be a shame to ditch a watch you love, but if the niggle won’t go away, I’d replace it.

I can understand how the watch might have been ‘spoiled’, but Omega generally make good quality watches, and I can’t help but think that everything that was going to go wrong has gone wrong... I’d be more tempted to see if any good will had been generated vis a vis future limited edition Speedmasters and the like.

That might be wishful thinking though?

Master
    Yes the Watch is working perfectly now, would wearing it remind me of all the grief? probably not after some time.

Paul, agree the HEV was a strange one, it's like something to do the the mechanism inside locked up if that's possible? It just wouldn't budge and when it did the stem just snapped, thread still operated perfectly, I can understand why you thought this was strange, will be a mystery, it's not like I dropped the Watch it anything

Craftsman
    It’s really disappointing when something goes wrong like this. After spending £000s on a luxury item, there is an expectation of high quality and perfection.

If anyone remembers the Rolex “cyclops magnification” saga from a few years ago, I had one of the affected watches. After obsessing about it trying to work out if it was actually an issue or not, I ended up taking it into RSC personally. They immediately offered to replace the crystal and I also asked them to regulate the watch. It was within tolerance but ran a bit slow and I said I would prefer if it ran a bit fast. I got it back within 2 wks with new crystal, correct date mag and running a very consistent +2 per day, all foc under warranty.

My point is I was impressed with the way Rolex dealt with the issue and it made the watch perfect. I’ve been happy with it ever since.

If you like the watch and are happy with how it is now and how omega have dealt with you, I would also say forget about previous issues and enjoy the watch in the future.
    Last edited by D4RW1N; 25th April 2018 at 20:52.

Master
    Should’ve kept the Breitling!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    It’s really disappointing when something goes wrong like this. After spending £000s on a luxury item, there is an expectation of high quality and perfection.

If anyone remembers the Rolex “cyclops magnification” saga from a few years ago, I had one of the affected watches. After obsessing about it trying to work out if it was actually an issue or not, I ended up taking it into RSC personally. They immediately offered to replace the crystal and I also asked them to regulate the watch. It was within tolerance but ran a bit slow and I said I would prefer if it ran a bit fast. I got it back within 2 wks with new crystal, correct date mag and running a very consistent +2 per day, all foc under warranty.

My point is I was impressed with the way Rolex dealt with the issue and it made the watch perfect. I’ve been happy with it ever since.

If you like the watch and are happy with how it is now and how omega have dealt with you, I would also say forget about previous issues and enjoy the watch in the future.
    Sounds like you had multiple problems like me but just with another brand, I think your right about keeping it and forgetting the past, Omega's after sales have been second to none and that has helped

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Should’ve kept the Breitling!

You mean I should have kept the most reliable automatic Watch by far I've ever owned?

Life would be just to boring

The Breitling was an awesome Watch Adrian, I just fell out with it's size, not so much it's diameter, but it's depth.

Master
    I had a similar problem last year with a new speedie pro.

First Issue - After 6 months the pusher jammed. Omega boutique took it in and had the watch back to me within 2 weeks.

2nd Issue - The nato strap that comes with the speedie started to fray at the end. Id probably only wore it for a month total in 9 months. So off I go to Omega and ask for a replacement. Omega then batted me back to Goldsmiths and Goldsmiths refused. I was informed straps don't come with a warranty. I told them to look at the condition the strap had very little use and should last longer than 1 month but still nothing. I then emailed Omega and they sent a replacement strap out within a week. Great stuff.

3rd Issue - The pusher jammed again. Off it goes again and is back with me within 2 weeks.

4th Issue ( 12 Months ) - When running the chrono the watch would lose time, if the chrono was ran for say 2 hours the watch would lose 30 mins.

Obviously after 4 issues in 12 months I went into Omega and demanded a new watch. They then fobbed me off to Goldsmiths !!!!! I went into goldsmiths demanded a new watch and they said they would send the watch away for service but also sent an email to omega with my concerns.

In all honest I thougt I would be fobbed off and the watch would just be serviced and returned..........but no............Omega rang me after a week and said my new speedie was ready and to come to collect. I went and it was a brand new watch, box, straps the lot.

The issue has been an absolute pain but I cannot fault Omegas customer service.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

First Issue - After 6 months the pusher jammed. Omega boutique took it in and had the watch back to me within 2 weeks.

2nd Issue - The nato strap that comes with the speedie started to fray at the end. Id probably only wore it for a month total in 9 months. So off I go to Omega and ask for a replacement. Omega then batted me back to Goldsmiths and Goldsmiths refused. I was informed straps don't come with a warranty. I told them to look at the condition the strap had very little use and should last longer than 1 month but still nothing. I then emailed Omega and they sent a replacement strap out within a week. Great stuff.

3rd Issue - The pusher jammed again. Off it goes again and is back with me within 2 weeks.

4th Issue ( 12 Months ) - When running the chrono the watch would lose time, if the chrono was ran for say 2 hours the watch would lose 30 mins.

Obviously after 4 issues in 12 months I went into Omega and demanded a new watch. They then fobbed me off to Goldsmiths !!!!! I went into goldsmiths demanded a new watch and they said they would send the watch away for service but also sent an email to omega with my concerns.

In all honest I thougt I would be fobbed off and the watch would just be serviced and returned..........but no............Omega rang me after a week and said my new speedie was ready and to come to collect. I went and it was a brand new watch, box, straps the lot.

Interesting. Has the new one been fault free?

Master
    Ive had the new one since end of November and no problems at all ! Keeping perfect time, not problems with the pushers etc.

Think I just hit a dud first time but Omega were brilliant in replacing the lot for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Wow yours was definitely a patients tryer, more problems than me but as you say Omega are normally obliging

I’ve been lucky with mine - but, that is why there is a warranty in place. I’m not sure it is indicative of the model, and I hope not, as it’s one of my favourite watches - time will tell.

Hopefully these are fairly isolated cases. But IME Omega quality control is higher than most, but still behind a few of the other suspects.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    My stepson got one a couple of years back and it's fine apart from one problem; when the crown's unscrewed it doesn`t spring far enough away from the pendant tube and it's tricky to hand-wind without the crown trying to climb back up the threads. It's a minor problem, I can sort it for him, but it's poor quality control in my opinion. The stem's fractionally too short, that's the root of the problem, and it shouldn't be like that on a quality watch. It's the sort of thing I`d expect from a small manufacturer, not from one of the big boys. Possibly it's a tolerance mismatch, but it's a fault and it could've been returned under warranty.

There are very few modern watches I`d consider owning, but this is one I`ve always liked. Unfortunately Omega have thrown the baby out with the bathwater and 'upgraded' it in their usual inimitable style........mess with the dial, make it bigger, make it thicker and hike the price up.

Paul

Yes, that's gotta be frustrating.

Personally, I'd be cutting my losses ASAP and looking for a nice Submariner to replace it with.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I’ve been lucky with mine - but, that is why there is a warranty in place. I’m not sure it is indicative of the model, and I hope not, as it’s one of my favourite watches - time will tell.

Hopefully these are fairly isolated cases. But IME Omega quality control is higher than most, but still behind a few of the other suspects.
    I will put it down to teathing problems and look forward Scott, but I don't think I would cope well with any further issues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Yes, that's gotta be frustrating.

Personally, I'd be cutting my losses ASAP and looking for a nice Submariner to replace it with.
    I do like Rolex diving Watches, but sadly out of my price range these days, those Sea Dwellers on SC are nice.

I can understand wanting to be shot of the watch. After Omega messed up the case on my Speedy MkII, it left a bad taste and I sold all my Omegas. I haven't looked back* now I have an Explorer on my wrist.

*Not entirely true. Omega made some cracking watches and I sometimes hanker after my old MkII, the lovely Speedy Reduced, and the elegant Aqua Terra. Oh well. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    I will put it down to teathing problems and look forward Scott, but I don't think I would cope well with any further issues.

I hope so. Fingers crossed.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I can understand wanting to be shot of the watch. After Omega messed up the case on my Speedy MkII, it left a bad taste and I sold all my Omegas. I haven't looked back* now I have an Explorer on my wrist.

*Not entirely true. Omega made some cracking watches and I sometimes hanker after my old MkII, the lovely Speedy Reduced, and the elegant Aqua Terra. Oh well. :)
    I suppose it's easy to cut your nose off to spite your face by boycotting a brand Sean.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

To some extent Omega are a victim of their own success, not in relation to the issues noted in the watches above granted but in general. Minor issues that other cheaper brands might get away with, they won't. Similarly Rolex and Patek etc. simply because there is an expectation of quality.

It's a bit like the car satisfaction surveys were Skoda scores much higher than any other VAG brand. As I'm sure cheaper Swatch brands get an easier ride - that said, when you pay above a certain amount then the expectation goes without saying.