closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holidays - Any plans?

Holidays - Any plans?

I’m on count down Now to my family holiday. 30 days and counting! Will be a busy one with 5 kids under 14 youngest being 1!

Watches are decided! Summer clothes are packed!

I’m off to Estartit in Spain love this place!

Where else are people off this year? Anyone going soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks lovely. What complex is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Looks lovely. What complex is it ?
    That is Castell Mongri 5-10 min walk from the beach. The place is mainly static homes and caravans and tents. Lovely place excellent for young family’s

Master
    Blog Entries
    Off to our flat in Menorca again while we save up for something more memorable when the son is a bit older

Oslo and somewhere in Italy would be nice but I'm utterly terrible at booking holidays. It slips and slips and slips until I find myself back in the depths of winter again... and still in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Oslo and somewhere in Italy would be nice but I'm utterly terrible at booking holidays. It slips and slips and slips until I find myself back in the depths of winter again... and still in England.
    Me too. I go 5 years at a time between holidays for this exact reason... Always seem to be waiting for the feeling that I can set aside some time for a break, but life things just get in the way and it never arrives.

I can't say I'm that into holidays though, would be just as happy having a couple of weeks to myself at home!

Previous thread on this. But can't have too many holiday threads I guess.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...lidays-in-2018

Blog Entries
    Off to Canada BC in June. Can’t wait

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Watches are decided! Summer clothes are packed!
    Wait, are you trying to tell us you selected your holiday watches without starting a new thread on TZ-UK? Are you completely crazy?
    "A man of little significance"

Had a decent bonus, and you can’t take it with you. Also my oldest will be off to uni in 18 months, so taking every opportunity for maximising family holidays, before it’s just me and the missus.

Greece (southern Peloponnese) with family May half term - one week

USA Pacific Northwest with family in August - 2 weeks

Lisbon with friends in October (50th celebration) - 3 days

Southern Florida with family in October half term - one week

Vietnam in November with a friend - one week

Bali with family in Feb 19 half term - 9 days

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    I’m lucky enough to have had a great end to last year and a superb first quarter this year so I’ve blown a ton of money on a new kitchen and 4 holidays!

Zante next month for a week. Never been to Greece!

Praia deRocha Portugal in July for 10 days. Mrs RJM chose the place, 5 star half board overlooking the harbour.

A week in Lloret in October. Cheap getaway in winter.

19th-26th December in Benidorm. Get away from family demands every year! Nice and quiet at this time of year and still like summer!

I thought it was quite impressive till I saw that^

Craftsman
    Heading to Corsica for two weeks at the end of May. I can't fooking wait! Never been, but have heard really good things about the place. Looking forward to spinning around and enjoying the beaches.

I forgot to reply with my holiday plans. I spent three nights in Newquay at a friend's house last month and am spending four nights at Le Mans in June with some freaks I met on TZ-UK. I reckon I'll get a couple of weekends in Dorset with another friend and that'll be that for 2018.
    "A man of little significance"

Maldives in less than 2 weeks, then Japan in Oct with a couple of days in Dubai on the way back.

Maybe cycling and camping the Caledonian Canal. Was supposed to do it last year, but the weather turned bad in early September so had to cancel. The route will be ferry to Aberdeen, then cycle to Perth to see relatives, Fort William, Caledonian Canal to Inverness, then back to Aberdeen, via Keith for the ferry. It’s 386 miles so I am looking at 10 days as I am an old, fat and unfit bloke, but my other half is athletic, never a match made in heaven as cycling partners!

Either that or Poland.

Or loads of faffing around getting nowhere.

Master
    Lemnos in May, Sivota in July and Kos in September... love Greece

House renovations have meant we haven’t been for nearly 2 years now. And tbh I’m not missing the holidays as much as I thought I would
    Been promising my son Florida for years. He’s 13 so Need to go in the next few years

Radisson Blu at Peurto de Mogan - Gran Caneria for May half Term, then Carbis Bay –*Cornwall in the Summer Holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Radisson Blu at Peurto de Mogan - Gran Caneria for May half Term, then Carbis Bay –*Cornwall in the Summer Holidays.
    We stayed at that Radisson Blu two years go. The missus reckons it was the best apartment she has stayed in as it had a washing machine, dishwasher and ensuite. She still goes on about it - go figure!

Also stayed in St Ives Holiday Camp a few years back with my son on hisU-11 rugby tour of Cornwall. Not quite the same class however.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cruising with Celebrity Cruises 26th May 14 night Baltic taking in St Petersburg, Stockholm, Copenhagen Tallinn Helsinki. Five star pure luxury food and drink, bring it on. Cant wait for the two day tour of St Petersburg.

Master
    10 days inter railing with my lad, can't wait we know our first stop - Berlin and the furthest we want to go Cluj-napoca and I also know we need to be in Leipzig on the last day for a gig, the rest will be a mystery.

My son is autistic so this trip is out of his comfort zone but at the same time his choice apart from the gig on the final day, but it's a bad he loves and it's a little surprise for him.
    The trip could be magical or it could be meltdown central only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Cruising with Celebrity Cruises 26th May 14 night Baltic taking in St Petersburg, Stockholm, Copenhagen Tallinn Helsinki. Five star pure luxury food and drink, bring it on. Cant wait for the two day tour of St Petersburg.
    Just come back from a celebrity cruise around th carribean, think it’s my 5th time with them, always a great time. Except we hit terrible weather for 3 days(whilst at sea, half the crew suffering sea sickness it was that bad) other than that it was as good as it gets!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    10 days inter railing with my lad, can't wait we know our first stop - Berlin and the furthest we want to go Cluj-napoca and I also know we need to be in Leipzig on the last day for a gig, the rest will be a mystery.

My son is autistic so this trip is out of his comfort zone but at the same time his choice apart from the gig on the final day, but it's a bad he loves and it's a little surprise for him.
    The trip could be magical or it could be meltdown central only time will tell.
    Now that, sounds very enjoyable

Off to New York soon then Cyprus in September

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    We stayed at that Radisson Blu two years go. The missus reckons it was the best apartment she has stayed in as it had a washing machine, dishwasher and ensuite. She still goes on about it - go figure!
    I'll tell my wife, she'll be delighted that she can continue with chores on holiday too.

Master
    Keeping it low key this year, first two weeks in oct on out narrow boat, a loop round the south of Birmingham i think,wife is going to her brothers in France far a week and a week in Menorca wither mum.Saving for a biggie next year for our joint 50th

Singapore for a few nights then a cargo ship cruise to northern Austrailia, the Ghan to the south, GBR Tasmainai and Two week in NZ.The cruise part is 17 days alone

Master
    is that radisson blu good? if i recall Mogan was nice looking for inspiration

Master
    We're spending 3 weeks at the Walt Disney World Resort, Florida from mid-August.

I know it's a long way off yet but we've also booked 2 weeks in Ulcinj on the southern coast of Montenegro next year.

Where possible I'd also like to try and squeeze in a short break, just Mrs. MST and I, for a few days this year; preferably Switzerland. Last year we were due to spend a few days in Basel and earlier this year we were due to head back to Zurich for a long weekend, both of which we had to cancel

Had a big expensive holiday last year ( rented a big posh villa in Zakinthos with Jeep ) so this year it’s more budget conscious, renting a house in New Quay Wales, been a few times a few years ago and if the weather is nice it is stunning, if it’s not it’s crap so fingers crossed.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Off to Jamaica next week, if I make it out alive it’s on to Kos for a family get together in July and a Caribbean cruise in November. Possibly Lapland for Crimbo but that’s not booked.

Craftsman
    We always take our main holiday in March - this year it was Mauritius. Just fantastic.

Several long weekend breaks planned over the next few months- Paris in May, Palma in June and Seville in September.

Already there.

Posting from beside my son's pool on the Space coast in Florida.

Three weeks out here. Jet ski out tomorrow!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Yes,
    Have a separate destination from her indoors.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Still to book our main 3 week holiday - long haul somewhere hot.

Already booked:
    - week in Suffolk
    - week in Cornwall
    - week in Pembrokeshire
    - 2 weeks in Kefalonia
    - week in Skye and a few nights in the Lake District
    - week in Dorset

Probably also do a week or so in the Lake District and Snowdonia.

Master
    Driving holiday on the continent for me...

Starting in Belgium (going to visit great grandfather’s war grave) 100 years this year since he was killed.
    Then onto Luxembourg for a weekend in a castle with a load of other EU Mustang owners.
    Following the weekend I’ll spend a week or so heading down through Germany to Switzerland and back up through France to Calais.

I suspect I’ll spend a couple of nights in Beaunne visiting friends.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Still to book our main 3 week holiday - long haul somewhere hot.

Already booked:
    - week in Suffolk
    - week in Cornwall
    - week in Pembrokeshire
    - 2 weeks in Kefalonia
    - week in Skye and a few nights in the Lake District
    - week in Dorset

Probably also do a week or so in the Lake District and Snowdonia.
    Where in Suffolk?

Already been to Disneyland Paris in Feb, selling the Breitling paid for that, wasn't what we expected and ended up getting a small refund.

I have Monaco F1 Historic next month, staying in Italy and getting the train in each day.

Then a family group holiday in Skegness Butlins

No other abroad holidays this year as the house is up for sale.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    Where in Suffolk?
    We went in February and stayed in Kessingland, the idea being to spend a few of the days visiting the Bird Reserves. We managed to get to Minsmere before the beast from the east arrived. First time I have walked along a beach that was covered in snow!

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    is that radisson blu good? if i recall Mogan was nice looking for inspiration
    It's 5*, fairly new, and looks smart. After the crappy weather we've had recently I'll be happy anywhere as long as we get some sunshine.

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/resort-grancanaria-mogan

My son is doing his GCSE (or whatever they call them now) so this is the last holiday we’ve had to book in school holidays. So it’s Dubai for two weeks in July, I know it’s going to be stupid hot but £2,300 all inclusive in a 4* Hilton two adults and a 15 year old, much cheaper than any local,package deal.

Did it last year and my son was happy cos he ate steak every day, sometimes twice! Lol.

Master
    Zante for 2 weeks in middle of May.
    At Rick you will love Greece the people are fantastic and can’t do enough for you.
    Tsivili for me.
    Colin.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burton View Post
    Already been to Disneyland Paris in Feb, selling the Breitling paid for that, wasn't what we expected and ended up getting a small refund.
    Care to elaborate?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs View Post
    Zante for 2 weeks in middle of May.
    At Rick you will love Greece the people are fantastic and can’t do enough for you.
    Tsivili for me.
    Colin.
    Used to go twice a year to Tsivilli about 23 years ago, got friendly with a local family and loved it. Think it’s a bit more built up now and the opening of a MacDonalds put me off (although relieve that closed down).
    Friends got a Villa there and we keep saying we should go back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    We went in Feb when a load of snow, some of the rides stopped working after queuing for an hour and not all had the ability to allow us to have a fast pass ticket to go back.

Our breakfast, being half board, wasn't in our hotel so had to get on a bus to go through security to then go through the park entrance queue to then queue at a McD style restaurant to get our breakfast. When asking if at the hotel we could pay the extra was told fine then when trying to do it in the morning was told needed to come back later which is no good when having early park entry. Our evening meal was in the hotel.

Also the photopass was a fuss and didn't work on the app, said the code had already been used.

My son hasn't mentioned the trip since we went, during our time there he was more interested in the snow.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    Just come back from a celebrity cruise around th carribean, think it’s my 5th time with them, always a great time. Except we hit terrible weather for 3 days(whilst at sea, half the crew suffering sea sickness it was that bad) other than that it was as good as it gets!
    Done the Caribbean twice with them fantastic both times. Best value for money.

Craftsman
    Menorca back end of May , we have a tree house booked with the family at center parcs ( sherwood ) in July and i am just looking at booking Sorrento late August . I was going to go back to Gib but the flights are pants now Monarch have gone belly up

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    we did it about four years ago and tbh through gritted teeth would i go back again . Stayed on site etc . Best bit was the train service there lol

Dominican for two weeks in 15 days time, my 40th so hoping its decent. Alas not a single watch in the box due to new Rolex supply and not willing to pay over the odds. to be honest whilst on the beach I wont notice a bare wrist!

AP

Doing some different to my normal stuff this year. I’ve booked a week in my favourite Ski resort in August; Zell Am See, Austria. Never been to a Ski resort in the summer before but photos look gorgeous:

Then I have also booked a fortnight off my day job to work as ‘Crew’ at some Festivals.

I feel I need a holiday now though to be honest.

Went to Zell Am See for the day once (staying in Kirchberg for a week) and it was as lovely as that photo.

The flipside was the 3 days when it rained for Austria and would have taken gold in the meteorological Olympics!

That did make the White Water Rafting on the Inn quite exciting though

I've just come back from 10 days diving in the Maldives (and also been to St Petersburg, Russia and Venice, Italy this year), so that's my holiday plans done and dusted for 2018!

We might go somewhere for a few days in Sept/Oct, but otherwise it's just a few UK diving weekends in the UK for now.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 26th April 2018 at 16:45.

Thailand on 18th May. Then back to Thailand and Myanmar on 14th July.