closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: saegulls - not again!!

saegulls - not again!!

I've had this before but it seems to have been ok for a few years...until now!

Wtf is it with seaguls and their crap habits? I don't park under trees or near lamp posts, but I've got a big issue here. Last week I came out to my car and within 8 hours there were 36 (yes 36) poos on my car. Now the car is black, and unfortunately if left more than an hour or so they start to scar the lacquer. As much as outdoor covers can do more harm than good, I don't think I have an option.

Look at these two arrivals i got this morning in a 30 minute window.

I like animals and birds but I now seem to have become an unpid toilet attendant.

I once had one take a dump on my face, from considerable height. Came as quite a shock as it hit home with quite a smack. Amongst the melee of thoughts in the immediate aftermath were firstly how glad I was that I’d been wearing specs which took the brunt of the impact instead of my left eye, and secondly how the smell of it reminded me of the fish paste sandwiches I remember from my childhood.

I like seagulls, remind me of childhood holidays at the seaside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Reminds me once spotting a Seagull score a perfect hit on a kid’s ice cream.
    The poor fellah’s howl, as he licked on a not so sweet flavour

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I've had this before but it seems to have been ok for a few years...until now!

Wtf is it with seaguls and their crap habits? I don't park under trees or near lamp posts, but I've got a big issue here. Last week I came out to my car and within 8 hours there were 36 (yes 36) poos on my car. Now the car is black, and unfortunately if left more than an hour or so they start to scar the lacquer. As much as outdoor covers can do more harm than good, I don't think I have an option.

Look at these two arrivals i got this morning in a 30 minute window.

I like animals and birds but I now seem to have become an unpid toilet attendant.
    Hope the bird is ok
    Hate them actually

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    They're not the same as they were, they've evolved into monsters, at least in Cornwall. In my childhood I'd see a seagul pick a chip off the floor. Now the Cornish ones will walk in to a restaurant, kick you in the balls, drink you pint and steal your steak.

It transpires that things could be a lot worse.

At least they are ‘only’ pooping on yours!

Master
    I sympathise......

That Seagull poop can be quite damaging..... just try and make sure you keep it polished and use a decent wax to prevent any permanent damage.

Also - Why do they always seem to do it when you've just washed your car!?

I used to think the Seagulls were making crying noises - I now know they are probably just laughing at our expense!

Mike

They have definitely become bolder and more aggressive I think.

Last year my wife took a youth group to Southend - the kids were basically attacked by seagulls, taking chips out of their hands, dive bombing, and general mobbing. She said she had never experienced anything like it. In her words, it was like a scene from The Birds.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    They have definitely become bolder and more aggressive I think.

Last year my wife took a youth group to Southend - the kids were basically attacked by seagulls, taking chips out of their hands, dive bombing, and general mobbing. She said she had never experienced anything like it. In her words, it was like a scene from The Birds.
    Essex birds!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't believe you...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/natureuk/...c-d03183957e60

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5

Apparently some birds prefer to defecate over water. So, maybe your newly-washed, highly reflective black car appears to be a small pool or something.

Either that, or they're deliberately targeting you. Wouldn't put it past them.

Craftsman
    If little or no previous problem with seagulls, have you upset anyone local? Someone could be putting bread etc on the roof of your car to attract the seagulls.

Not really the same but try taking your dog for a walk and get dive bombed by them, I get dozens of them attacking us and the only relief is to let him off the leash and walk a few paces behind him

I have to say I've always found them very annoying....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I sympathise......

That Seagull poop can be quite damaging..... just try and make sure you keep it polished and use a decent wax to prevent any permanent damage. ..//..
    Correct. It contains (aptly named) guanidinium chloride - highly corrosive substance used (once purified) in DNA work. We use in the lab silane wax to avoid it sticking to glass plates

BWs
    Franco, Sheffield

Blog Entries
    You were lucky!

Had an almost identical incident (multiple incidents...) on the top of my Mini last summer, also a black roof. I was livid as there was some slight discolouration even after being properly cleaned, of course that all rendered redundant when the roof was vandalised anyway by a kid who put a cone on it with metal stakes in the base...

Journeyman
    my next door neighbour now has 150 racing pigeons (had 25 when we moved in 4 years ago) which get exercised in groups of 50 4 times a day - it's constant white rain on my property and cars and they sit on my roof between circuits!!!!

I sit in my office looking out at them calculating how many I could hit if i emptied my 11-shot Remington 12B into the circling feathered squadron!!!! (i would never do such a thing!)

Heavy duty wax polish and car covers are the way to go!

regards

Saggs

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    Apparently some birds prefer to defecate over water. So, maybe your newly-washed, highly reflective black car appears to be a small pool or something.

Either that, or they're deliberately targeting you. Wouldn't put it past them.
    This, the shiny bit, not the targeted campaign.

maybe you could get a Vinyl Roof kit? :-)