closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko 6105 - nice!

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Seiko 6105 - nice!

Years ago I made a choice to trade a watch valued at about £350 for this Seiko 6105-8119
    I was going through a Seiko phase at the time and had several 6138/6139 movement watches such as a Pogue,UFO,Bullhead,Panda etc,but fancied something different. All the others have long gone but the 6105 has remained with me for various reasons.
    It was due a service so I thought I would take the opportunity to post a few pictures of it.

It was keeping quite good time but the crystal was slightly hazed as you can hopefully see here:

Here are some pics of the movement,date wheel and the watch in pieces!

Now,I am basically the second owner of this watch;the original owner purchased it new in 1976 and wore it daily.
    I have to say it's a pretty nice example of a 6105 .... here's a couple of dial shots!

Finally,the post service watch back on my wrist.....note the crystal has now been cleaned up. Note also the strange shiny effect which I believe is called "sunshine".

For anybody interested the service was carried out by .olli. (http://onatelier.co.uk) who I can always recommend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very clean example indeed, I also had some stunning examples of those you listed, I wish I had kept them. Still have the 6105 though.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    A classic!

Stunning piece. Wish I bought one a few years ago. Love the case shape and dial.

Master
    Stunning example and one of the best 6105 dial I have ever seen. Truly amazing!

Thank you very much for the kind words Andy. Condition wise your watch has the best hand and dial that I have seen on this model, I would love to find one in this condition for me! Movement was also in very good and unmolested condition, a pleasure to work on.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely job, reminds me I have one of these in the cupboard, must dig it out.

mike

Seiko still hold the re-issue of this one but sooner or later...who can stays away from the temptation of $