closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Sub ...good price? bad price?!

Rolex Sub ...good price? bad price?!

I was in Cardiff this morning,

Looked in a few watch shops, tried on a Tag Heuer Autavia (reissue). I love the look of these in pics,though Ive never tried one on.

I was a bit worried, I wouldnt be able to read it easily, (my eyes are 58 years old!..... I need reading glasses), as I find most chronos hard to read.

I tried a black dial one on...alas!..it looked great, I just couldnt tell the time on it! The saleman suggested I try on the silver dialed one...but I didnt bother , as it looked harder to read! (for me that is!).

I looked around, a few more shops, saw this Rolex up for sale. I dont know if the price is good/decent/bad! etc...it didnt mention papers or service history, so i assume, it had neither.

I have just 2 chronos which I can read easily, my Speedy and my Tag Heuer Monaco....Guess I wont be getting any more chronos then!!.

Anyway, here is a pic of the Sub I saw for sale in a shop window in Cardiff.......Surprisingly! I didnt see any new subs in any shop windows!

Im not looking to buying this one.....I was just "window shopping"!

Not the best of pics I know! Im not the tallest guy in the world...so hard to get a decent pic of it!

I saw that in their window last weekend ...... may I suggest you get some reading glasses and you can have whichever watch you want! :)

I can't help with the price but I'm sure someone will.

Rolex Sub ...good price? bad price?!

A 16610 from a shop for under £5k is a bit of a bargain these days. There’s one in my local AD for £6k although they always have them serviced by Rolex before putting them in the window.

You’d be lucky to find one on SC cheaper!

Edit : Haywood’s got this one which would definitely be the better option.

https://www.miltonaires.com/product/6423
    Last edited by Dave+63; 24th April 2018 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by cf31bloobird View Post
    I saw that in their window last weekend ...... may I suggest you get some reading glasses and you can have whichever watch you want! :)

I can't help with the price but I'm sure someone will.
    Saucy git!! lol!

I have reading glasses.(well about 6 pairs actually! in most rooms and in my car!!)..

I just want to be able to read the time "easily"! without! reading glasses!
    Last edited by valleywatch; 24th April 2018 at 13:31. Reason: spelling

Why do you need reading glasses when you’re driving?

Master
    Condition of bracelet, glass, bezel and crown will determine if this offers value, never mind whether it has the box, papers etc.

The box in which it sits here is of course incorrect, being a decade or so younger than the watch...

H

Master
    Blog Entries
    As above, to get one with (presumably) a shop warranty for that price is probably cheaper than buying here. If it's all straight and original seems like a good buy.

Its £350 cheaper than the cheapest 16610 that watchfinder have in stock so would appear to be a good price to my untrained eye.

Grand Master
    The eyesight dilemma is a real problem for those of us are getting on a bit. Even if your distance vision doesn’t deteriorate presbyopia will start setting in from mid- 40s and most folks end up needing reading glasses. This creates problems with watch choice, it hardly seems sensible to get your reading glasses out to look at your watch!

Varifical glasses with the top plain (or very weak) would help, but most people who don’t need glasses for distance won’t want to wear glasses all the time.

For folks like me, with fairly poor eyesight, varificals are the answer.....but I still can’t read sub- dials on chronos easily.

As for the Sub, it’s probably well worth a look, but if legibility is your main concern there’s nothing to touch the Omega 2254.50!

Paul

Craftsman
    Don't know if it's just me but that left lug looks a bit slim as well

Craftsman
    Price doesn't seem bad, all depends on the overall condition.

I'm sure there is a bit of negotiating room on price as well

Quote Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
    Don't know if it's just me but that left lug looks a bit slim as well
    I thought they both did when I first saw the photo...not sure though, it has been a while.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    The eyesight dilemma is a real problem for those of us are getting on a bit. Even if your distance vision doesn’t deteriorate presbyopia will start setting in from mid- 40s and most folks end up needing reading glasses. Paul
    This is where the magnification cyclops on many Rolex watches comes in very handy, you might not know what time it is but at least you know the date and that's a start !

Craftsman
    I think I recognise the shop. It's round the corner from WOS.
    They had a black 16700 in the window for £5400 as of a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    Saucy git!! lol!

I have reading glasses.(well about 6 pairs actually! in most rooms and in my car!!)..
    ... same here! glasses everywhere!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk