closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Shipping a watch to Germany

Shipping a watch to Germany

Hi all, I know there have been threads on this but they are from a while ago.

I need to ship a watch with a value of around £600 to Germany from the UK for a repair. Any courier/shipping recommendations for that kind of value please?
    thank you all for your help in advance as always.

M.

For that value why not use Royal Mail international tracked and signed for, will cost between £10 and £15 and you can buy enhanced insurance up to about £500 I think.

For a £600 watch I would use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    For that value why not use Royal Mail international tracked and signed for, will cost between £10 and £15 and you can buy enhanced insurance up to about £500 I think.

For a £600 watch I would use it.
    thats a good tip! thanks a lot!

Master
    Germany and the Netherlands are the only two countries that I've ever had problems with watches in the post. I've lost two in each country, going both directions. In both cases where I was sending the watches I'd used RM Int Signed For and in each case there was an indecipherable signature but the intended recipient didn't receive the package. In both cases RM refused compensation because their courier partner had 'proof of delivery'.
    While I know very little about the Netherlands buyer I do know who the German buyer is and know that he certainly wasn't pulling a stunt. He is a seriously well known collector and above doubt.
    Based on my experiences, I would be very wary about posting to a business address in Germany, as it cannot be proven that someone at the address didn't receive your package.

A significant issue is that the Royal Mail’s local delivery agent is typically a company called GLS which they partially own. Think Yodel.

I’m no fan of Deutsche Post either but most of my delivery woes with parcels coming from the UK are down to commercial decisions made by Royal Mail.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Royal Mail only insure up to £250 for international packages now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    DHL?

Who are you shipping it to? A manufacturer or watchmaker?

Sinn will send a returns slip so you can arrange the courier to collect from you, expensive but safe.

Master
    I have shipped to Germany with MBE for a higher valued watch and all was perfect and very quick too.