closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bespoked 2018 hand-built bike show last weekend.

Bespoked 2018 hand-built bike show last weekend.

I attended the Bespoked 2018 Hand built cycle show on Saturday in Bristol.

It was amazing and very well attended, I noticed while looking at all the cycles that there were a lot of very nice watches on wrists of the type popular here, a lot of Speedmasters on NATO’s and vintage stuff.

I just wore a G Shock as I was going out later.

The cycle’s were amazing and worth going next year if cycles are your interest.

Anyone else here attend.

Master
    Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Any fixies there?

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob (NZ) View Post
    Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Any fixies there?

Rob.
    Yes, there was a couple.

I will put a few of my pictures later, when I get home from work.

Here is a link to some press pictures.

http://www.headsetpress.co.uk/bespok...-bicycle-show/
    Last edited by pastrana72; 24th April 2018 at 08:17.

Demon Frameworks Fixie

Excuse me while I wipe drool from my keyboard - that is beautiful.

Cheers,

MarkC

I looked at the deck of photos and there were certainly some lovely bikes there. Can't say that one would have made my top ten though...

they should rename it the paint job and metalwork show, people are buying bikes based on paint jobs with no idea how well the bike rides, seems an odd way to go about it especially when they are not exactly cheap.

There were some very stunning bikes there, made to a very high standard with custom input to geometry and feel.

Very different to mass market bikes in ride and feel but it’s only my opinion.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I looked at the deck of photos and there were certainly some lovely bikes there. Can't say that one would have made my top ten though...
    Rob asked about fixies, this is the only one I noticed. Paint was on a another level.

There were plenty more impressive bikes there. There were a few I would like to ride and own.

One I plan to own.

Ahhhhhh....hipster pushies, for those that have too much money.
    Thought this was about proper bikes....sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Nah, there were a fair few builders making affordable push bikes for sensible budgets.

There were a few that might be classed as hipsters there, not me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    There were some very stunning bikes there, made to a very high standard with custom input to geometry and feel.

Very different to mass market bikes in ride and feel but it’s only my opinion.

:)

I find it odd that people are happy to pay top money for a fancy paint job/frame when You can count on fingers and toes how many frames (and the mistakes and rider feedback that comes with each one) that have come out of the workshop? Yes there are probably some great bikes there but there’s more to it than Just welding tubes together.
    I have a couple of custom/expensive/fancy paint/Columbus spirit tubes bikes, one is the best thing I have ever swung a leg over, the other is very average, it’s not an exact science but experience and building lots of frames helps.
    People are buying into the myth of the material and seduced by purple sparkly paint.

But that’s only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I find it odd that people are happy to pay top money for a fancy paint job/frame when You can count on fingers and toes how many frames (and the mistakes and rider feedback that comes with each one) that have come out of the workshop? Yes there are probably some great bikes there but there’s more to it than Just welding tubes together.
    I have a couple of custom/expensive/fancy paint/Columbus spirit tubes bikes, one is the best thing I have ever swung a leg over, the other is very average, it’s not an exact science but experience and building lots of frames helps.
    People are buying into the myth of the material and seduced by purple sparkly paint.

But that’s only my opinion.
    Valid opinion, to be fair there is a fair bit of fashion involved in some of these bikes. All form and little function.

It’s good that people have different opinions, I respect that and think it would be not be good if every one was into the same things.

I like riding bikes and I want mine to perform very well, looking good is low on my list.

I do not do fancy paint jobs but like looking the bikes on show.

Same with wrist watches, like the shiny expensive ones to look at, but I do not wear them.

Don’t apologise it’s an easy mistake to make.

Craftsman
    You need to attend if that's your view. I went in 2017 with a mate ordering his first custom bike and he is a 15000km+ a year rider. He was far from alone. There were old boys there whose fitness would put almost all of us to shame. Sure there are some pre-rusted fixies but for every "hipster" design there are 20 serious frame and bike builders. It's an unrivalled opportunity to meet the very best custom and bespoke builders and a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

Master
    Keep meaning to go, but have never got there yet.
    But then again it's probably a good job as I know I'd end up wanting another bike, the same reason I haven't been in a shop since I bought my latest bike last year.
    I went down the custom route years ago, safe in the knowledge I knew what I wanted, but then my riding style changed and so the frame whilst the geometry was spot on for me, wasn't suitable for longer travel forks, and a few other bits I found I was craving.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Keep meaning to go, but have never got there yet.
    But then again it's probably a good job as I know I'd end up wanting another bike, the same reason I haven't been in a shop since I bought my latest bike last year.
    I went down the custom route years ago, safe in the knowledge I knew what I wanted, but then my riding style changed and so the frame whilst the geometry was spot on for me, wasn't suitable for longer travel forks, and a few other bits I found I was craving.
    I think this was my mate's main concern - he was left some money and wanted to get his "forever" bike with it but there were so many option available for differing riding styles and uses. He ended up with an Audax/distance spec because that's his thing now and had the bike build by Jason Rourke who was his original choice and we had to drive to Bristol to help him decide to use a builder 12 miles from his house. Well worth going though, even to browse/dream.

Journeyman
    A friend has a custom bob Jackson and it's a thing of beauty. One day...

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Dave Yates anybody?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Dave Yates anybody?
    Bit too old school for me, it’s not 1985 anymore.

Perhaps, nice retro though!.

Bit too old school for me, it’s not 1985 anymore.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

they should rename it the paint job and metalwork show, people are buying bikes based on paint jobs with no idea how well the bike rides...
    Sssssh. Harley-Davidson have been getting away with it for 115 years.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.