closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I hate that!

I hate that!

I bought a watch online on Saturday and paid in full by debit card.

I emailed them today to ask if they could confirm when it’ll be posted and....they don’t have it in stock! They’re expecting them early May.

I hate that!

I’ve asked for a refund which will take a few days to come through, delaying the purchase further.

On the plus side, this has only ever happened to me once before so I suppose I’ve not done too badly. It’s just terrible practice.

Vented. Relax.

Master
    Always best to use credit card. Saves your funds being unavailable and there’s more protection. Pay it off after receipt of the goods or don’t miss the money if you end up being refunded as in this case.

Master
    Name and shame

Master
    They could have informed you first David before you paid. What a bunch of muppets.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    They could have informed you first David before you paid. What a bunch of muppets.
    A lot of companies don’t operate a live stock system. Ernest Jones are one example.

Grand Master
    It's good to talk!

Yet another example where a phone call and discussion would've helped establish whether the watch was actually in stock.

It's poor business practice and I'd have no hesitation in naming and shaming. I disagree strongly with this behaviour, it's wrong. Having said that it's almost become normal procedure thesedays.

Paul

Always best to buy with a credit card

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Last year I placed an order with Jura Watches for a DOXA Sub 1500t. At the time I ordered it they were quoting 2 weeks delivery. Just after that DOXA started having trouble getting supply of the movements, and the watch finally turned up 5 months later.

I was prepared to wait, but my beef with Jura was that on average they only responded to about 1 in 3 of my e-mails...

Simon

Master
    I can sympathise.. This exact thing happened to me the other week. After a thread on here showing a vintage Watch I’d never seen I went on a google spree and found a dealer selling one. Did the buy it now option as it was showing as available...

Then I went browsing their site and started wondering why it wasn’t showing as ‘sold’ like the other watches that still show sold. Then realised I couldn’t find it by browsing their site from the main page. It soon dawned on me it was probably an old advert and they’d not removed or updated it. I’d managed to find the page by googling and the buy it now option took me to PayPal still.

I was actually quite concerned I was stuffed for a while but eventually got a refund...