timefactors watches

Thread: Moderator

Hi Iím looking for a moderator to discuss my recent ban, so to avoid any misunderstanding in the future.
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no moderators, only a supreme being. Did you swear in the open forum?

Master
    Church of Scotland has one...

When did you get banned?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

You don't appear to be banned? Confusing Ö

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    You don't appear to be banned? Confusing Ö
    ďRecentĒ so maybe been and gone
    Although I donít think heís been banned tbh

Last edited by RustyBin5; 23rd April 2018 at 15:56.

Probably a 72 hour ban for swearing in his now-deleted 'Russian Fantasy' post of 20.04.18.
    ______

​Jim.

To reply to all.. yes it was a 3 days ban, and yes I believe it was for swearing in a post.. which was totally unintentional, and didnít mean to offend anybody.. what surprise me is that the ban came without a warning nor a request to edit the post..

To anybody, who believe the story was invented, I invite them to come and look at my emails and text messages, so they can see for themself and apologise to me for telling me I make up that story. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Suck it up, learn from it, move on. No reason to pick a fight with the forum owner or its members.

Master

But you have now answered your own question so no need to discuss surely. Swear outside of the bear pit and you are likely to get a ban. Thatís it.

And coming out of a ban straight into a request / challenge seeking people to apologize to you - well thatís just a bit silly. You might be waiting a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Suck it up, learn from it, move on. No reason to pick a fight with the forum owner or its members.
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    But you have now answered your own question so no need to discuss surely. Swear outside of the bear pit and you are likely to get a ban. Thatís it.

And coming out of a ban straight into a request / challenge seeking people to apologize to you - well thatís just a bit silly. You might be waiting a while.

Possu.. youíre right I shouldnít pick up a fight, I apologised for the swearing, recognising my wrong doing. I just wished I would have been warned first, thatís all.

To RustyBin.. Iím the one who has apologised for the swearing, I hold no grudges to who is in charge of the forum.
    When I talk about people apologising to me, Iím addressing those individuals who like to say that my story was fictional, especially considering that Iíve got evidence to back my story up, I just donít like being called a liar!

Anyway, Iíll take Possuís advice and let it go once and for all, itís just not worthy..

Master
    No one is calling you a liar. You posted recently (4 days ago) so it didnít look like you had been banned. If you were banned you were banned.

Youíre back.

Let it go.

Grand Master
    You are not a proper member til you have had a ban!!!, welcome to the club.

I once suddenly got locked out of the forum for a week with no warning and no explanation whatsoever. Absolutely no inkling what I had done wrong.

After a few days and a few emails (because I thought maybe my account had been hacked) I eventually got a terse reply from the site owner to say iíd quoted a post that contained a swear word buried within the quoted text. I had no idea there was even a swear word in the text I quoted.

Fair enough, but some sort of automated message explaining that would have been nice.

You should PM the site owner and tell him your opinion.

Reading what you're quoting might be a better option though. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

Reading what you're quoting might be a better option though.
    Yep, was my fault.

At the time, I was more worried that my account had been hacked and I frantically changed all my passwords.

A simple (automated) message would have been useful!

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Yep, was my fault.

At the time, I was more worried that my account had been hacked and I frantically changed all my passwords.

A simple (automated) message would have been useful!
    I don't think the site owner does 'automated', but his messages can have an element of 'simple', as in brief and to the point, e.g 'terse'.

R

Question for the elders.

Iíve recently reached the 250 posts mark, I still have no access to posting on SC and now Iím wondering.. is there a reason as to why? I mean Iíve read of peopleís ďlistĒ, and account being watched and things like that..

So..

Am I not allowed because Iím deemed not worthy of the forum?

I know I may sound paranoid, but after readin some of the posts on WT, Iíve been thinking that might be the case.

Thank you

PS. I donít want to sell, but rather trade.. just so you know

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    Iíve recently reached the 250 posts mark, I still have no access to posting on SC and now Iím wondering.. is there a reason as to why? I mean Iíve read of peopleís ďlistĒ, and account being watched and things like that..
    I think it is done manually by the forum owner i.e. it doesn't happen the instant you hit 250 posts.

R

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's a manual task, but it does require a sort of an update to happen. It may also require a manual log out and re-login from the member in question.

Edit. I see the OP has had his avatar changed so I'd hazard a guess that access has been granted already.
    Last edited by Possu; 20th May 2018 at 17:46.

*Update*

Yes, access have been granted..

Sorry for my little paranoia

I think this ďlistĒ thing has got into my head a bit too much.

Thank you all

Craftsman
    I had no warning, just a 7 day ban and message that it was due to swearing in the open forum. I lived to tell the tale.