closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch browsing experience in Harrods

Watch browsing experience in Harrods

Myself and the missus had a (expensive) day shoe shopping in Harrods yesterday, however, I did manage to spend some time in their watch department which was pretty cool.

Each brand has their own 'shop', I spent time in JLC, Rolex, Tudor and Panerai. All the sales staff I encountered were first rate, friendly, engaging and very chatty.

The salesman in Rolex was really interested in my Sub C LV as he hadn't seen one in quite some time! That kind of sums up his position on SS Sports Models... they just don't get many, he explained that being a high profile AD doesn't actually help in this regard as he feels Rolex often supply the 'struggling' ADs with the more popular / hard to get models to help them along. He seemed pretty open about this and said at the end of the day they sell plenty of other models (DJs) and perhaps they need to start struggling to do so haha.

Tudor where great, they had two Harrods Black Bay (Green) special editions, but unfortunately they were already allocated to customers and they couldn't even take them out of the display case as a result, the green under strong LED lighting looked very washed out to me but I'm sure under more natural light it looks much richer. I asked about how limited they were and she said that 100 were commissioned originally but it's now an 'open ended' order but will finish at some point... suddenly it didn't feel to 'limited' to me. I also asked about the new GMT but they had no news on expected delivery dates, didn't surprise me, although a few people had asked and they thought it would be popular.

JLC were really generous with their time (no pun) and I tried on a couple of Reverso's as I have always fancied one but after trying a i'm now not so sure. I did like the quick release spring bar in the strap, very clever and a very obvious thing to do... add a little notch to the bar and a cut away on the strap allowing you to pull the spring in with a finger nail. simple and effective.

If you are ever that way I can highly recommend popping in to check it out, I was impressed.

... afternoon tea in the Georgian was superb (very highly recommended) and the wife was happy with her Louboutin and Choo's.

... another shopper mentioned my watch as we were wandering around the shoe department! he said he had one unworn that his GF had bought him, told him to man up, get the stickers off and wear it... but not to get it angry lol

Craftsman
    I pop in there from time to time; the staff are always friendly and willing to assist with trying on watches!

I was there a few weeks back - It’s still going through a major re-development. It used to be more open, with a few stores around the perimeter. As you say, they’re moving brands to their each individual store now! Hopefully they will sort out that ‘end’ room on the bottom floor - It was a bit weird to see multiple brands thrown together. Hopefully just a temporary thing!

I’d love the experience of buying a watch from Harrods, but I can obtain the same pieces with the same levels of service elsewhere for less ... So why would I?

I had visited the store about 3/4 months ago.

I took a look at Tudor at the time, and saw the black bay Harrods edition.

They took it out the display, let me try it on, and I loved it. Asked how much it was retailing for and if I could buy one...

I was told the same, 100 in production, but they might release more in the future. I had to write my name on the 'list' which was a scrap piece of paper probably thrown away once I had left.

Makes you wonder, if I was able to try it on, but you were not, whether or not they were still available at the time I visited but sales limited to only a few people who matched the bill..