closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rangeman question

Rangeman question

I've got one of the old Rangemans. I realise that barometric pressure and altitude are intrinsically linked but how is the watch suppose to handle changes?

For example, few days ago I set altitude = 32m, pressure = 1023 hPa (from mapping and weather apps).

Now readings (in the same location) are 174m and 1006 hPa, real readings are 32m (obviously) and 1009 hPa.

Is this expected behaviour?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I've got one of the old Rangemans. I realise that barometric pressure and altitude are intrinsically linked but how is the watch suppose to handle changes?

For example, few days ago I set altitude = 32m, pressure = 1023 hPa (from mapping and weather apps).

Now readings (in the same location) are 174m and 1006 hPa, real readings are 32m (obviously) and 1009 hPa.

Is this expected behaviour?
    When I had Suuntos and Protreks, they always varied between each other, even some hours after calibration. So yes I'd say that your variations are (annoyingly) normal behaviour. I found the Sunntos to be generally more accurate (using altitude) than the Casios. The other variable is temperature, so wearing the watch can change things too.

I can accept variation but shouldn't one (altitude/pressure) stay constant or do they both change based on some 'clever' algorithm (which might include, for example, rate of change).

Barometric pressure should be very accurate. In combination with the temperature readings the watch has to differentiate between weather changes and altitude changes. Pressure is measured, altitude is guesed.

Sent from my Aquaris V using tapatalk with thick fingers, declining eyesight and a small keypad.