closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Tudor Arrival!

New Tudor Arrival!

I have always wanted one of the Tudor Bronze Bays after they were released at Basel 2016. However, when this one was announced, it trumped the original in my eyes and is the first watch to make me want to replace an owned original version!

So I asked about the Bucherer Blue Bronze and was told that it was a long wait (1 to 2 years!) but as I live in Berlin and can easily visit Bucherer face to face that would help and then after helping a friend buy a watch for her husband and my own temptation getting the better of me back in February, it seems that I rapidly moved up the list and was given the call to pick up this beauty.

Here’s a couple of photos showing how the Bronze develops. TBBB vs. BBBB

Oh the Tudor BBB is on Sales corner if anyone is interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by paw3001; 23rd April 2018 at 11:09.

Master
    Prefer the blue version by a distance, although the original bronze is also nice. Just a pity that Tudor felt compelled to increase the case size...

Apprentice
    Congrats... I am always worried when an original model sells well prompting the manufacturer to create lots of spin off versions. In the case of this though, I think that all versions are very nice indeed!

Craftsman
    Looks lovely! I bought a Black Bay from a jewellers in Glasgow even before they were officially released here - it served me well and if I was to buy another, I’d opt for the bronze which looks very cool.

Very nice watch, I bought one in London a couple of weeks ago - still not sure how much longer Bucherer will go on selling these?

Journeyman
    When did you reserved it. I have put my name in since December. But still did not get it.

Very nice, the blue and bronze sit very well together. Not quite convinced by the dial numerals yet, but that doesn't stop it being a good-looking watch

Dave

That's rather neat. Not my style but Tudor have done a very good job with it. I really like what Tudor's doing, they're filling a gap in the market and using their imagination to be a little bit different.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Both watches look well, the blue just edges it for me , more so because its not as common as the bronze. Wear your new watch in good health.

Steve

Blue looks lot more speciál for sure!

Craftsman
    The Bucherer edition seems to be more available now, I had the call on Wednesday saying mine was in but was only given 24 hours to collect. A bit difficult when I’m 200 miles away from london

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    The Bucherer edition seems to be more available now, I had the call on Wednesday saying mine was in but was only given 24 hours to collect. A bit difficult when I’m 200 miles away from london
    I was also given just 24 hours to commit either by picking up the watch or accepting an invoice and performing a bank transfer to secure it. Otherwise, it would go to the next person on the list!

New Tudor Arrival!

Quote Originally Posted by torsinsit View Post
    When did you reserved it. I have put my name in since December. But still did not get it.
    Only 2 weeks ago but as this is now the 4th watch I have purchased from this particular Bucherer store in person, it is clear that they know I am a ‘hot’ prospect and they know that I suffer from a watch addiction!

The guy I dealt with said that he used his influence with the office to get one released early due to my ‘valued’ customer status!

Never had a status before!

I reckon I may try to get a Skydweller or White Daytona next...what do you think?

That looks pretty cool and I am not surprised that you liked it over the original piece.
    I am going to have a look at a BB Bronze this coming weekend.

What is the price difference between the “Normal BB Bronze and The Bucherer Bronze?
    Just been looking at them on Chrono24 and didn’t know what the MRSP was?

Those bronze ones are amazing. Love the snowflake hands on watches.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Master
    Very nice indeed.....I am waiting for the GMT to surface.

Craftsman
    Very nice watches.

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Very nice watches.
    Top username 👍

I’ve been offered one of these this weekend but it’s not something I want just now.
    It’s available at £3500
    I stress I have no idea of list price (seen them dearer on Chrono24) so not sure if this is reasonable or not
    Pm me if interested and I’ll put you in touch with the seller- I have no “interest” as such, more of a PSA so to speak

I believe the list price of the Tudor Bronze Black Bay is £2860.

The Bucherer Bronze Edition is the same price there is no price premium apart from on the grey/secondhand market.

^^^^^
    Thanks for the information.
    All the ones that I saw on Chrono24 were in the region of £4,000