closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Final curtain call - RIP

Final curtain call - RIP

As we seem to have a new thread every day how about one thread that gets updated instead .

Latest one which I know already has a thread .

Verne Troyes - I only knew of him as mini me .

Master
    I'm pretty sure this was attempted once, I can't find it in the search though because "RIP" is too short.

If I am right, then RIP the RIP thread... you will be missed.

Such is the popularity of the subject perhaps a whole new sub-forum for die hard RIP fans?

It’s a bit like the Friday thread in that there’s a rush to be the originator. I think it’s something to do with showing you are the first person to know something.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Such is the popularity of the subject perhaps a whole new sub-forum for die hard RIP fans?
    I don't get it myself, it seems some are in a permanent state of mourning, gutted at the loss of so many people they never knew.
    Last edited by chrisparker; 22nd April 2018 at 11:55. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I don't get it myself, it seems some are in a permanent state of morning, gutted at the loss of so many people they never knew.
    2016 was of course the golden year for celebrity death - the RIP fans must have thought that they had died and gone to heaven

Master
    I don't get it myself, it seems some are in a permanent state of morning, gutted at the loss of so many people they never knew.
    My watch broke once, I was left in a permanent state of morning too.
    Have you never had a celebrity role model? A musician, actor or artist who you've looked up to? Perhaps they even helped shape your formative years. I've had one or two of those - never met them of course, but it does sting a bit when they die. Hard to explain the feeling to you if you've never experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    It’s a bit like the Friday thread in that there’s a rush to be the originator. I think it’s something to do with showing you are the first person to know something.

Is it not more along the lines of sharing information? Y'know, almost as if this was some sort of forum... perhaps with a sub-section for general chit-chat like you'd get down the Pub. It could be named The George and Dragon - I'll suggest it to Eddie.

Certainly I have learned of more celebrity deaths on here than anywhere else. Some of them get a bit "gushing" and lay it on thick but generally it's as much of a casual "xyz has gone".

Moaning about strangers passing condolences to other strangers... just another day with the happy folk at TZUK.

Perhaps posting about the recently departed in the H&V thread might spice things up a bit?

Sometimes you have to think outside of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

RIP the Friday Thread, I knew you well, but now departed and gone to the great WUS in the sky, to become a de facto Weekend Thread.
    F.T.F.A.

Final curtain call - RIP

...a permanent state of morning
    Sunrise?
    Morning glory?
    Top o’ the mornin’?

Doesn’t sound all bad. Live and let live I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Sometimes you have to think outside of the box.
    Nice.
    Last edited by alfat33; 22nd April 2018 at 10:12.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Have you never had a celebrity role model? A musician, actor or artist who you've looked up to? Perhaps they even helped shape your formative years. I've had one or two of those - never met them of course, but it does sting a bit when they die. Hard to explain the feeling to you if you've never experienced it.

Is it not more along the lines of sharing information? Y'know, almost as if this was some sort of forum... perhaps with a sub-section for general chit-chat like you'd get down the Pub. It could be named The George and Dragon - I'll suggest it to Eddie.

Certainly I have learned of more celebrity deaths on here than anywhere else. Some of them get a bit "gushing" and lay it on thick but generally it's as much of a casual "xyz has gone".

Moaning about strangers passing condolences to other strangers... just another day with the happy folk at TZUK.
    Most RIP threads aren't started by someone whose role model has died.

Personally I watch/read news channels for news.

Here we should stick to moaning about important stuff, like Rolex stickers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Most RIP threads aren't started by someone whose role model has died.

Personally I watch/read news channels for news.

Here we should stick to moaning about important stuff, like Rolex stickers.

I also read/view watch blogs and Vlogs for watch information. I guess the forum is done for...

Ladies and Gentlemen, G&D is hereby demoted to a sub-sub-forum for people asking "I'm about to buy a car, is it a good car?".

The subtitle should be changed from;
    "Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please, no politics or religion"

To
    "Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Please don't post anything though, there are a small minority who might not like it and will moan like f**k about it until the end of time, even if 99% of the membership will either find your post useful or informative, or (shock!) not really mind one way or the other."

(this post is very much tongue in cheek, I'm not trying to wind anyone up here. I do wonder why RIP threads get some of you so riled up though...)

I also read/view watch blogs and Vlogs for watch information. I guess the forum is done for...

Ladies and Gentlemen, G&D is hereby demoted to a sub-sub-forum for people asking "I'm about to buy a car, is it a good car?".

The subtitle should be changed from;
    "Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please, no politics or religion"

To
    "Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Please don't post anything though, there are a small minority who might not like it and will moan like f**k about it until the end of time, even if 99% of the membership will either find your post useful or informative, or (shock!) not really mind one way or the other."

(this post is very much tongue in cheek, I'm not trying to wind anyone up here. I do wonder why RIP threads get some of you so riled up though...)
    Personally not riled, just cant understand why people do it. Think as someone posted earlier, rather like Friday thread some want to post first about something.

Leenks(?) is another.

Well I for one think that they (and the subsequent discussion) are most amusing so long may they continue

When someone posted a composite picture of all the celebrities that has died in 2016 I thought that it was comedy gold.

A forum debate on forum content, jesus First World problems

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    A forum debate on forum content, jesus First World problems
    Well there are a number of master debaters and they do need an outlet.

Oops, edit the spelling.

I've never had a celebrity role model. Obviously I've liked some people's body of work, but that lives on. And I just can't get emotionally attached to somebody I really know nothing about, other than fictional characters they've played, or an on stage persona they've created.