closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Portillo hidden history

Portillo hidden history

Anybody watching this in ch5 ?
    In the closed Royal London Hospital. Reminds me of my days in old Edward 7 th building, or old BRI,

Master
    I was never a fan of Portillo the politician but Portillo the television presenter can be quite charming and urbane.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I was never a fan of Portillo the politician but Portillo the television presenter can be quite charming and urbane.
    Odd isn’t it? I couldn’t stand him in his Tory MP days, but he’s got a great manner and presenting style in his TV programmes. (Ed Balls and Anne Widdecombe, on the other hand, were annoying as MPs and even more annoying as TV “personalities”).

Agree with the two posts above, he’s certainly mellowed.

Blog Entries
    I was nattering to him briefly at Warwick Arts Centre a few weeks ago, he was very personable.

Journeyman
    I've always quite enjoyed his TV presenting styles. Even his sense of dress is charming.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It's right up my street and I'm catching up now.

I'm also adding the royal London to my list of places to try and breach now I've moved to the city 😅😂😂

What annoyed me was he was filming in a building with no lights or power and all he used was a torch so we couldn’t see anything. Why not film with some proper lighting rig?

Also surprised at the stuff was left in the old hospital, why wasn’t it all sold off when they closed it?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    They often just leave stuff lying about.
    Probably not much need for used/defunct medical equipment apart from scrap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    They often just leave stuff lying about.
    Probably not much need for used/defunct medical equipment apart from scrap.
    I am in demolition (although not on the operations side, I do go to sites from time to time). You'd be amazed at some of the stuff that gets left behind

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't cos I've raked through a lot of it to take urban exploration photos!
    Bloody fascinating some of it.

Master
    As regards urban exploration and accessing derelict buildings, isn’t there a potential risk of exposure to asbestos particles, especially if a building has been vandalised? Potentially it can be found in artex, adhesive used to bond floor and wall tiles, plus lots of other locations, too.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes. Most photographers carry valved disposable masks though and often the buildings are damp with water ingress so there's not much flying about.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I wouldn't cos I've raked through a lot of it to take urban exploration photos!
    Bloody fascinating some of it.
    Just run through your photo album, fascinating, I’ve always been interested in abandoned or derelict buildings since childhood when there were a lot about all over the place.
    It’s always interesting to find things left behind, a glimpse into the past.