closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pelagos in house accuracy

Master

Pelagos in house accuracy

Just curious as to how accurate other people’s in house Pelagos watches are. My first one was 1 second per day fast being worn from 7am-9pm and my second one 3 seconds slow per day worn with the same wear pattern. I have noticed with my second watch it is losing the time while being warn. When left face up over night (and having left it for 3 days) it loses as good as no time and gains as good as no time at all.

Stu

Craftsman
    Mine is running pretty much spot on when worn.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    We have quartz in the house and my son wears them. Saves him having to set time when he swaps.

I do like it when a mechanical device can be precision engineered to be so precise. I'm happy to pay more for that.

Back on topic and I think the Tudor accuracy has been great.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    mine looses about 1/2 second a day, worn then face up at night , and then gaines 1/2 second per 24 hours lying face up.
    I wear mine in rotation with either my sub Lv or my tt gmtc, so I can keep it pretty much spot on.
    The 3 day power reserve makes leaving it face up on the bedside table for a couple of days easy. Set mine early feb and it’s currently -2.
    Unfortunately the sub and gmt have to live on a winder when in rotation, and they are both - 1/2 second a day too, but don’t gain enough face up to catch up, and can’t be left for more than 1 day without wearing.

All 3 though are completely consistent, unlike the wife’s dj31 which is +/- 2 a day but inconsistent.
    pelages is a mighty impressive watch for many reasons, and an absolute bargain compared to the Rolexes.

Craftsman
    Mine is so accurate that it only gets set when I change time zone. As good as quartz, it has the unfortunate side effect of making me get annoyed at the lack of accuracy of most of my other watches.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    If accuracy is your thing buy a quartz!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    What if your thing is automatics and accuracy, and you hate Spring Drive with a passion??
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    If accuracy is your thing buy a quartz!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    What if your thing is automatics and accuracy, and you hate Spring Drive with a passion??

Oh that's right, that's why they invented Chronometer testing (minus the Spring Drive bit).
    It's just a matter of time...