closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Sub ND - 1999 - what should I be looking for?

Craftsman

Rolex Sub ND - 1999 - what should I be looking for?

Hi Peeps,

On a very slow hunt for a specific year Rolex Sub ND.

Apart from wanting it in top condition, with all papers, box etc I was wondering if there was a specific version in 1999. I say this as have a 1998 Sub with 2 line Tritium dial, which I think was the last year that they made these, but now have to find a 1999 version and just wondered if there were sought after variations or things I should look out for.

Master
    "Peeps" - really?

I was going to respond but then remembered that you left us hanging at post 238 of this thread : http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ex-Sales/page5

...response to which I will await first.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 20th April 2018 at 14:14.

Not sure how easily you will determine a ‘99 from a ‘98 as the latter were sold into '99 too. Or as an aside, why it's important, or even possible, to accurately date something that was made from many parts of various manufacturing dates and sold possibly many months later.

But around that time you are into the tritium marked luminova dials, so that might be something to look into.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Not sure how easily you will determine a ‘99 from a ‘98 as the latter were sold into '99 too. Or as an aside, why it's important, or even possible, to accurately date something that was made from many parts of various manufacturing dates and sold possibly many months later.

But around that time you are into the tritium marked luminova dials, so that might be something to look into.
    Thanks. I think probably it's finding one that has a late 1999 original sale date - I'm trying to find a birth year watch as a present for my son. I wasn't sure if I should be looking at 4 liners or 2 liners as more "authentic" for the year, with Swiss, Swiss Made, T<25 etc... but if there's an overlap between 1998/1999 then I suppose it's as much about finding the watch in the best condition & price range....I just wondered if there was any specific dial that marked it out as 1999.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Thanks. I think probably it's finding one that has a late 1999 original sale date - I'm trying to find a birth year watch as a present for my son. I wasn't sure if I should be looking at 4 liners or 2 liners as more "authentic" for the year, with Swiss, Swiss Made, T<25 etc... but if there's an overlap between 1998/1999 then I suppose it's as much about finding the watch in the best condition & price range....I just wondered if there was any specific dial that marked it out as 1999.
    1998/ 99 will be 14060 with 2 lines of text.
    The 14060m then had 2 lines and eventually became 4 lines, around 2007 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    "Peeps" - really?

I was going to respond but then remembered that you left us hanging at post 238 of this thread : http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ex-Sales/page5

I see exactly what you mean H....

Apprentice
    "Peeps" - really?

I was going to respond but then remembered that you left us hanging at post 238 of this threads : http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ex-Sales/page5

Ooh I looked at this thread too. Didn't realise anyone had replied.. is there anyway of recieving notifications of thread replie
    s updates etc ? Thanks for the " Yes " reply, very informative.
    Last edited by furiousjoe; 23rd April 2018 at 17:55. Reason: Spelling

"Peeps" - really?

Had to go to the thread & said post and have a read. Very informative... haha