timefactors watches

View Poll Results: Which is the best 18?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The A

    12 44.44%
  • The Q

    8 29.63%
  • The COSC Q

    7 25.93%
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: 18

  1. #1

    18

    So which is the best 18?

  2. #2
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,579
    I prefer the JJ...

  3. #3
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die FuchsrŲhre
    Posts
    12,231
    The barely 18?
    You can live in your car but you can't drive your house.

  4. #4
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sussex uk
    Posts
    13,342
    The looks under 18 but isn't!

  5. #5
    ‘Best’ needs criteria.

    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    ĎBestí needs criteria.

    R
    Each poster can provide that subjectively. I'd go for the 18Q as being the most faithful to the original and having a slightly nicer overall look than the COSC version.

  7. #7
    I went for the A because it has a better bezel action, larger digits and a second hand that can't miss the markers.

  8. #8
    Grand Master Seamaster73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    14,950
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I'd go for the 18Q as being the most faithful to the original and having a slightly nicer overall look than the COSC version.
    I concur. It's the definitive Precista for my money.

  9. #9
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    13,056
    There's a couple of 18's on eBay at the moment.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  10. #10
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    4,301
    The Q for me. I currently own the COSC and while it's a great watch, the lume is a massive let down. There is none

  11. #11
    Craftsman LVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The Q for me. I currently own the COSC and while it's a great watch, the lume is a massive let down. There is none
    No lume??????????

  12. #12
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Each poster can provide that subjectively. I'd go for the 18Q as being the most faithful to the original and having a slightly nicer overall look than the COSC version.
    Could you expand on this please? I never handled either one 18q or 18q COSC. Saw all the pics and that drew me here.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Could you expand on this please? I never handled either one 18q or 18q COSC. Saw all the pics and that drew me here.
    Hi,

    I've only had the 18Q but from the many images in the new owner's thread, I prefer the colour and shape of the original to the newer COSC model. Please have a look here and here and here for some comparison shots. There's not a huge amount of difference but there are some, just as there were when Eddie moved production from his original 18s from Fricker to Kemmner.

    Cheers

    David

  14. #14
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Hi,

    I've only had the 18Q but from the many images in the new owner's thread, I prefer the colour and shape of the original to the newer COSC model. Please have a look here and here and here for some comparison shots. There's not a huge amount of difference but there are some, just as there were when Eddie moved production from his original 18s from Fricker to Kemmner.

    Cheers

    David
    Thanks that is really appreciated! Noticed some 18ís on eBay are more expensive than the 18 COSC new. And didnít know they came from Kemner either. Some reading to do in the sun! :-)

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Thanks that is really appreciated! Noticed some 18ís on eBay are more expensive than the 18 COSC new. And didnít know they came from Kemner either. Some reading to do in the sun! :-)
    Geen problem. The previous batch of 18Qs were made by Kemmner, but I'm not sure if the COSCs are also from him.

    D

  16. #16

    18

    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Geen problem. The previous batch of 18Qs were made by Kemmner, but I'm not sure if the COSCs are also from him.

    D
    I donít believe they are as they now have Swiss Made on the dial, so I donít think the cases are German. Iíve never had the original but the movement in the COSC is a big plus for me. Pretty much the same movement as the Certina Precidrive and the one used in Tissot Coscís.

    Canít think of a cheaper HAQ with a thermo-compensated movement.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 22nd April 2018 at 23:01.

  17. #17
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,420
    I am going to say the early 18a with ETA movement and England on the dial.
    Only because I have one and it's the only one I have held.

  18. #18
    Master OliverCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South West London
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Hi,

    I've only had the 18Q but from the many images in the new owner's thread, I prefer the colour and shape of the original to the newer COSC model. Please have a look here and here and here for some comparison shots. There's not a huge amount of difference but there are some, just as there were when Eddie moved production from his original 18s from Fricker to Kemmner.

    Cheers

    David
    I have to agree with David on this in my opinion... I have the original Q like you too. Was interested in the new version, but I think there are to many design changes that take it away from the original design. I prefer the silver numbers on the bezel on the original particularly over the new design.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •