closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TZ’s brother in need

TZ’s brother in need

Hi All.. for the many of you who don’t know me, I’ve been a TZ member for little over a year now.. over this time I’ve been very active I would say (even though my post count doesn’t really show it), I bought a few watches off of SC and always had a pleasant experience dealing with my fellow TZers (all the hero’s posts say as much)..

Now I find myself in a tough spot.. being that I just don’t write anything just for the sake of increasing my post count, as of today, I’m still not able to post on SC, and therefore not able to put back on the market any of the watches that I’ve bought off of TZers without looking to sell elsewhere..

Out of principles, I’ve been holding on to them because I don’t think it’s fair on my part to buy off of SC and sell elsewhere..

Having said that, there’s a watch on SC that is calling me out loud, but I cannot justify to myself having 5 watches and get again spending over 3K to buy a 6th. So one or more have to go.

One thing I don’t want to do is to start writing some random BS on random posts just to get my post count up, so.. what options do I have really?

Thank you for reading
    Claudio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Simply creating this post might see you sell a few.......

Expect an influx of PMs.

There are other areas to contribute. G&D has a whole host of subjects and people seeking others opinions and recommendations. Don't limit yourself to WT. If there are any threads of watches you own such as 'show us your...', then post a pic. You are nearly there, it is possible to be more active without posting drivel.

Also, having started this thread, respond as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    There are other areas to contribute. G&D has a whole host of subjects and people seeking others opinions and recommendations. Don't limit yourself to WT. If there are any threads of watches you own such as 'show us your...', then post a pic. You are nearly there, it is possible to be more active without posting drivel.

Also, having started this thread, respond as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Simply creating this post might see you sell a few.......

Expect an influx of PMs.
    Wallasey, yes, you’re right I should broaden my sight to other sections of the forum, thanks for the advice!

And to reply to P9, I could actually post to SOTC, so that I could show my collection and possibly attract some interest, thank you

I'm sure if you are reading a lot you are thinking things to yourself as you do, as long as it isnt going to start a fight just try posting
    some of these thoughts.

Try welcome to the forum on all the newbie posts and, if you do, 'I really like that' on the Friday and new arrival threads.

Don't think anyone is going to accuse you of speed posting.

And of course search WTB for any of the watches you are looking to move on.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Now you've said that it'll likely draw annoyance because a sotc to canvas sales interest is considered stealth. I wouldn't.

Best thing to do is find some other bits of forum that interest you and before you know it you'll be at 250 and able to sell through non devious means.

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post

And to reply to P9, I could actually post to SOTC, so that I could show my collection and possibly attract some interest, thank you

That might be frowned on after this thread.

Master
    Blog Entries
    you'll be fine Claudio. Patience is a virtue.

SC ain't all its cracked up to be but enjoy the experience when it comes. In the interim, get yourself reading if not contributing to the other fora

Welcome too!

Jim

Wallasey, yes, you’re right I should broaden my sight to other sections of the forum, thanks for the advice!

Well actually I thought about posting on SOTC for a while now, just because I’m proud of my journey that took me from NO watches to own the ones that I do.. but yes, now that you make me think about it, it wouldn’t look good now, after saying “that I could attract some attention” to the watches that I want to move on.. thanks for the advice

One more thing.. I bought recently a Blancpain off of Chrono24, and I think I’ve got a pretty good deal out of it, so good infact.. that a fellow member advised me not to post the whole story, as if doing so, could make me look like an “opportunistic”.. shame really because it’s such a good story!

One more thing.. I bought recently a Blancpain off of Chrono24, and I think I’ve got a pretty good deal out of it, so good infact.. that a fellow member advised me not to post the whole story, as if doing so, could make me look like an “opportunistic”.. shame really because it’s such a good story!
    I disagree. People like it on here when someone gets a real bargain. Different kettle of fish of course if you try and offload it on SC for a healthy profit, but if it is a keeper please do tell all.

We had one this week on the CWC 1980 Diver Reissue thread, the watch was only released in the last few months and has an RRP of £2k, yet some kind and considerate soul listed it on e-bay for £800. I spotted it, highlighted it and someone bought it within minutes saving themselves £1.2k.

Master
    I totally sympathise with your situation, but it is a forum and so it makes sense to contribute rather than to simply lurk.

Join in as I am sure you have good, useful and interesting opinions and you'll soon get into SC. Just don't stop posting once you've sold up!

It's definitely true that some folk go too much the other way and cant stop posting, so finding some middle ground is definitely good!

"Couldn't be bothered contributing on a regular basis, but now could really do with the sales facility. How can I facilitate that, whilst making it look I'm not 'using' the forum?"

Retain your integrity - sell on Ebay.

You've only got 34 posts to go. Hardly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    You've only got 34 posts to go. Hardly difficult.
    Its not about difficulty, rather integrity.. I don’t want my 34 posts to be “I like that” or “nice one” or what have you.. that’s as easy as it gets.. I’ll take other peoples suggestion and look for other section of the forum to see if there’s anything of interest to me.. I’ll post the story of my Blancpain as well, for the better or worse, it’s a story worth telling.. I just don’t know where to post it yet

Blog Entries
    Its not about difficulty, rather integrity.. I don’t want my 34 posts to be “I like that” or “nice one” or what have you.. that’s as easy as it gets.. I’ll take other peoples suggestion and look for other section of the forum to see if there’s anything of interest to me.. I’ll post the story of my Blancpain as well, for the better or worse, it’s a story worth telling.. I just don’t know where to post it yet

Try writing some Reviews of your watches on the 'Review' section - take a look and you'll see they range from a set of pictures to some very in-depth withe history of the watches being reviewed.

Do consider this is not a forum to trade watches on although it does appear that way - it's a friendly place to discus watch and other related items which happens to have a sales area (that has disappeared more than once!).

Anyway - keep replying and also if you have other experiences you want to share or topics - do post them in the relevant sections, or have a go in the BP - that'll get your count up!

All the best

Martyn

Its just about joining in really, you must have an opinion on threads that are posted, read and respond, its almost like having a conversation.
    After a year here I am surprised that if you are interested in watches as much as you say, that you can't find time or some thing to say about a good number of threads.

You've been here 14 months already, no-one is going to mind if you sprint the last 33 posts off in a few days.
    They need to find better things to get upsent about if they do.
    Dave

Master
    TZ chain in George and dragon....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Post the story in watch talk
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Its just about joining in really, you must have an opinion on threads that are posted, read and respond, its almost like having a conversation.
    After a year here I am surprised that if you are interested in watches as much as you say, that you can't find time or some thing to say about a good number of threads.
    I don’t whether I agree or not.. you’re right saying I could be more opinionated, but sometimes it’s too much gather information solely to be able to reply to a post.. if I have knowledge I reply otherwise I just read, needless to say that is better to not say anything that say something stupid.. so I rather read and don’t speak sometimes (more often than not)

Even that undiscovered tribe deep in the Congo know how that would end.
    F.T.F.A.

Reply to this thread telling me I'm an idiot or ill to spend that much on 10 very similar straps for the same watch.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=Rubber

That's 219 for you

Craftsman
    May I just ask, after reaching the 50 post mark myself and being able to view sales corner. Can I now buy of it??
    When I go into a ad I can not reply to it.
    How do I go about trying to buy something??
    Sorry to go a bit of track from OP.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    May I just ask, after reaching the 50 post mark myself and being able to view sales corner. Can I now buy of it??
    When I go into a ad I can not reply to it.
    How do I go about trying to buy something??
    Sorry to go a bit of track from OP.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Send a pm

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Reply to this thread telling me I'm an idiot or ill to spend that much on 10 very similar straps for the same watch.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=Rubber

That's 219 for you