closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hottest April 19 on record! Hitting 30C

Blog Entries

Hottest April 19 on record! Hitting 30C

Temps here (70 miles from Amsterdam, 50 miles to the German border) are hitting the 30C. The weather has been fine for the last week and temps are steadily rising - up until today and tomorrow, the weater will remain like this. A month ago, there was snow & storm. Awful weather back then

Menno

Master
    The temperature on my cars display at 1pm was 32degC - it sits in full sunlight.

After driving for 10 mins with the windows open, it only dropped to 24degC.

It's a lovely warm day out there!

Annoyingly the walls of my ancient house are 18-24" of stone, so inside is still pretty cool (heating on low, warm jumper - even today) and it takes a few weeks for the inside ambient temperature to warm up.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    The temperature on my cars display at 1pm was 32degC - it sits in full sunlight.

After driving for 10 mins with the windows open, it only dropped to 24degC.

It's a lovely warm day out there!

Annoyingly the walls of my ancient house are 18-24" of stone, so inside is still pretty cool (heating on low, warm jumper - even today) and it takes a few weeks for the inside ambient temperature to warm up.
    Like mine ! They knew how to build !
    I have ac which helps keep me awake !

Brendan

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovely little ride around the country lanes of the Swindon area on my bike today.
    I did get a little warm even with a ventilated Dainese jacket,but no complains it was excellent.
    the only downer was the state of the roads,big dangerous pot holes everywhere.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Lovely little ride around the country lanes of the Swindon area on my bike today.
    I did get a little warm even with a ventilated Dainese jacket,but no complains it was excellent.
    the only downer was the state of the roads,big dangerous pot holes everywhere.
    Nice !
    It's snowing in Torquay...or are my glasses steamed up ?
    I've heard that Swindon IS a pothole.
    ... there I go, upsetting folks again !
    Only kidding.
    Brendan
    Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 19th April 2018 at 18:53.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Nice !
    It's snowing in Torquay...or are my glasses steamed up ?
    I've heard that Swindon IS a pothole.
    ... there I go, upsetting folks again !
    Only kidding.
    Brendan
    Now famous for both roundabouts and potholes

Lovely weather today. Potholes are bad everywhere at the moment.

Killer working in this heat

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Well it's been 13degC at its hottest here today....gotta love the Lake District🤔

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Well it's been 13degC at its hottest here today....gotta love the Lake District
    Well it's always colder under water.

Brendan

It’s 9pm at night in Kingston and the temperature is still 20 degC.

So sitting in a t-shirt in the garden with a nice glass of sav blanc to celebrate the glorious April weather.

Master
    Having endured the crappy winter in the U.K., I am now in the US near Washington and it is cold and wet - a bit like the U.K. last week.

No worries though as I will be back on Monday just in time for the crappy weather to return :(

It was 33°C on the balcony at my flat 😎 phew it was hot.

Banned
    How our pets keep cool in this heatwave:

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Temps here (70 miles from Amsterdam, 50 miles to the German border) are hitting the 30C. The weather has been fine for the last week and temps are steadily rising - up until today and tomorrow, the weater will remain like this. A month ago, there was snow & storm. Awful weather back then

Menno
    It seems like only last week when you were telling us all about the long distance ice skating event taking place!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Well it's always colder under water.

Brendan
    You're right there mate😂😂

Banned
    ...so hot that me and the twelve kids camped out last night..

Brendan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It seems like only last week when you were telling us all about the long distance ice skating event taking place!
    Yes indeed! On March 17, I attended a birthday party in the Southwestern part of the country and I had to shove the snow off my window when I wanted to return home at the end of the day. Atrocious weather back then!

Menno

33c here

Quote Originally Posted by raptor View Post
    33c here
    But it's April 20 - we need a new thread!

Lovely evening sitting in the garden at 9pm in shorts and a t-shirt. A bit unreal given the trees don’t even have much foliage yet.

Blog Entries
    Same here. Tomorrow: t-storms in the afternoon and then this period of fair weather will be over

Craftsman
    Such a British thread.

Blog Entries
    Well the t-storms came! And are gone now.

I picked my son up from the National Regatta Center, north of Amsterdam around 5:30 this afternoon. I swiftly connected the boat trailer to the car and off we went! Ready for a 1.5 hr trip southeast-bound. In short, heading for the thunderstorms... After 10 miles or so, we spotted the first high thunderclouds appeared on the right, while the electro power windmills were turning, facing the other direction! In short: the strong wind was heading towards the thunderstorm. Always a sign of calamities... 25 miles later, just east of Amsterdam, the first thunderstorm hit us. Lightning all around and totally flooded roads. Speeds were reduced to 10 -15 km/hr. Only minutes after that, it was a clear sky again!

Nearly home, with only 20mins away from my house, all hell broke loose again. And I immediately realised that the word thunderstorm has two nouns... A small tornado-ish wind swept across the road, knocking down large trees etc. The motorway was partly blocked by three trees all within a distance of 500m. Then the rain returned. Remember Storm Chasers on Discovery? That's how I felt - without that armadillo-like truck. On topic in the car: "Mmm, I wonder if the trailer will remain on its wheels in a storm like that..." Luckily, we were able to drive on. Near our house, it was obvious that tons of water had been poured out of the sky! The sandy soil where I live can handle that easily, but the pond in the park next to my house is now filled to the brim!

Menno