closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever tried to buy something expensive ...

Have you ever tried to buy something expensive ...

... and got the feeling that the sales people are ‘looking down in you’.

This isn’t necessarily watch specific but I have a collection of BMW bikes and have a good relationship with the parts guys etc etc.

One day the regular guys were not available and the ‘bigger boss ‘ was around. I can’t exactly recall why I was there or what I was doing (probably stocking up on parts / new riding gear etc) but I remember it leaving a bad taste in my mouth as I got the impression that if I wasn’t buying a new bike / car that I should not be there as I wasn’t worthy.

I’ve also followed a few threads and get the impression that sometimes sale people seem to be less than pleasant or almost snooty. Now it hasn’t passed my attention that I, and many others frequenting their shops, probably earn more than these sales people do and that if it weren’t for us they wouldn’t even have jobs as surely there are only so many who can afford expensive toys and such. I don’t consider myself rich nor do I consider myself to be more important than anyone else, so why do so many of these sales people?

Now I’ve worked sales and can honestly say it was my least fun job... nonetheless I was always pleasant and tried my best to be as nice as pie to anyone who frequented the shop I worked in. I’ve also went into shops with some friends of mine who have been /are quite wealthy but don’t have any airs and graces... wearing old khakis, half rotten deck shoes and a T-shirt and are told by sales people that they probably can’t afford what they are asking about and direct them someplace else. Now I do find that quite funny ... but just wonder do sales people from some ‘expensive brands’ get some kind of training that makes then act like that or are they really being paid millions and just can’t be bothered.

With that said, I was in my local Rolex /Tudor AD with the sole intent of window shopping and the two sales people were super friendly, chatty and continued to be so after I told them I was really just looking. So it’s not everyone and didn’t want to print a black or white / all or nothing picture of my thinking/observation.

Could be a feeling of over inflated self importance on their part but they probably do get a lot of tyre kickers in proportion to actual buyers in these expensive shops and I suppose it does wear thin for them

I hope someone who has either worked in a similar setting or knows about staff training can also wade in. I suspect there is a part of it being tired from people just looking.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    I totally agree with the OP (sadly I don't know his name). It's obvious that the recession has been halted and is turned into a booming market again. The local Mercedes dealer is one example that springs to mind. Not the guys behind the counter at the workshop & parts department, but the men with tan coloured shoes (... oh horror) in the showroom.

Menno

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Could be a feeling of over inflated self importance on their part but they probably do get a lot of tyre kickers in proportion to actual buyers in these expensive shops and I suppose it does wear thin for them
    I never go to ADs these days (at least not ground floor ones) but when I did my opening line was always “I’m not buying today” or “I’m just tyre kicking” and on every occasion that honesty was rewarded with great service and attention.

I’ve come across my fair share of snooty sales staff (and i’m just about as friendly and amenable as it’s possible to be, in person) but to be honest the majority are really great if you don’t act like a wealthy privelidged snob, as many watch buyers do.

Too many folks expect champagne, royal service and deference with their attitude of look-at-my-power-and-wealth just because they can spend £££ on wrist jewellery, so its little wonder sales staff get a little snobby in return. It’s only human nature.
    Last edited by ach5; 17th April 2018 at 06:37.

Master
    I don’t expect anything, I dress how I want and buy what I want/need.

I don’t usually buy unless I’m 99% certain I’m going to buy, I hate shopping for anything sometimes it could be on a whim, but never because I’m bored, I do my research at home.

I’ve bought Rolex, Bentley’s & Pateks mostly while dressed comfortably in my shorts & tee shirt with my old trainers on, sometimes munching on a bacon butty because I know I’ll get hungry and bored listening to the hours of waffle while they try to sell you the add on’s, or if it’s a car the specifications.

More often than not after a deal the salesperson says I wish more customers were like you, is that a good thing or a bad thing, but I always get what I think is a good deal and that’s the important thing.

It’s what you make of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    How about snooty/unpleasant attitude by sales people of inexpensive goods?

Yesterday was in B&Q for some shelving, a shop assistant was behaving just the same at that BMW guy.

Being pleasant to customers should be in the job description for sales people.
    Last edited by Franco; 17th April 2018 at 07:45.

If you’re Northern, that makes it even worse.

In the 1980's a mate of mine, Roger, who was a despatch rider* popped into Follets the Porsche dealer in the city of London with the intention of buying a Porsche.
    It was during the day so he was riding his bike and wearing his despatch clothing.

The salesmen asked if was delivering something, and if he was to hurry up.. upon being told he was in interested in buying a car the salesman laughed at him in a dismissive manner.

He walked out and ended up buying one from Chiswick Porsche.

He did drive it to Follets, parked outside, found the salesman, pointed to his new car and said a few choice words to the twat.

Priceless. :D

*despatch riding in the 1980's was similar to being in the heady gold rush Klondike days. Mad times, £2000 a week earnings at the right company and most of the riders were VAT registered.
    Last edited by steptoe; 17th April 2018 at 11:32.

Many years ago, whilst working on the Citroen stand at the Earl's Court Motor Show (remember that?), i visited the Mitsubishi stand , as we were to take on the franchise. A group of 3 or 4 young fellows were looking at some Turbocharged model or other and were approached by one of the salesmen, manning the stand, to be asked " buyers or wankers, lads?". Classic, in a very wrong way....

Few years ago, accountant says change the car or pay more tax.
    More or less forgot all about it, but was passing Merc dealership so thought I'd pop in and have a look.
    Sales staff totally up their own arses with a shocking attitude.
    Walked out, tried BMW dealership.
    Girl there offered me a coffee before I'd even started looking.
    Knew from that moment I was going to buy a car there.
    Probably the easiest sale she made that day.

It's not rocket science.

Master
    A Panerai GMT alarm in WoS some years back. On sale at £4300 it was pre-owned and I wanted it. Was in my cycling kit but had previously bought an IWC and a Datejust from them. Sales person did all she could to stop me having the watch down to telling me the ss Datejust I wanted to trade in was 'damaged' as the crystal had been replaced (by Rolex + a service, receipt included). I should have just got the finance but decided that the shop didn't need my £4k that badly. Friend of mine rode BMW bikes and rang the Mcr dealers twice for a test ride. No one contacted him so he went and bought one from the dealers in Shipley and bought up a used one that was mint while he was there. Same guy had a long dispute with Audi about an incorrectly supplied car. He suffered 'buyers remorse' about trading in his Skoda according to the manager of the dealers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    In the 1980's a mate of mine, Roger, who was a despatch rider* popped into Follets the Porsche dealer in the city of London with the intention of buying a Porsche.
    It was during the day so he was riding his bike and wearing his despatch clothing.

The salesmen asked if was delivering something, and if he was to hurry up.. upon being told he was in interested in buying a car the salesman laughed at him in a dismissive manner.

He walked out and ended up buying one from Chiswick Porsche.

He did drive it to Follets, parked outside, found the salesman, pointed to his new car and said a few choice words to the twat.

Priceless. :D

*despatch riding in the 1980's was similar to being in the heady gold rush Klondike days. Mad times, £2000 a week earnings at the right company and most of the riders were VAT registered.
    I was a DR in the late 80's (just missed the gold rush but still better money than anything else I could do) one of the riders at West 1 lived in & owned one of the huge terraced houses in Holland Park, underground garage, the lot, bought & paid for with DR wages.

Journeyman
    Years ago when we were living in New York my fiancee (now wife) and I were looking for gold bands. We went to a Cartier boutique looking admittedly not the best (although I was working in a Wall Street firm and had a gold card - remember those?).

The server completely ignored us for 15 mins - we patiently waited while she served a customer. Then after the customer left, she went in the back leaving just us in the store. She stayed there for at least another 5 minutes until we got the message and left. Not a word was said to us throughout the entire time.

So we went to Tiffanys and they were an absolute delight - warm and friendly. Lifelong goodwill towards them.

Never been back to Cartier and will never buy anything from them. Not that they gave (give) a monkey's of course. Plus ca change.

GreT tale of when I was in a bmw garage in Nottingham years ago

The misubishi garage was directly opposite

I’d left my then GF in there looking at a v6 SWB shogun but wanted to make sure a deal wasn’t being missed on a z3 in the bmw dealership

Having paced around the z3 many times nobody came to help

I ended up asking a salesman for help
    Are you sure you can afford it - he asked

I pulled out my 3310 Nokia and asked him to look out of the window across to the Mitsubishi dealership

Asking my GF to wave across so he could clearly see her I asked him to listen to my call

“Buy the shogun” I told her “these people over here don’t think we can afford a z3”

The colour drained from his face

I tore him off a strip in front of his peers and never went back

The shogun was fab - the dealership and salesman of worth

Master
    A few years back I went into a Mercedes dealership and was looking at the e63 amg 4matic, absolute beast of a car. I remember I was wearing trainers and jeans.

The sales people all ignored me for a while till it became awkward and then one walked over, they were all huddles together previously chatting away.

the bloke that came over was in a suit and tie and up himself.

he walked over and said hi, and then asked if I was interested in the amg, I told him I couldn't afford it in a million years, he said ok and walked off.

I voted with my feet and went home, logged onto autotrader and bought a Nissan micra 1.0 3dr passion, 2 owners from new!

whose laughing now Mercedes salesboy.

You sure some of you fellas don’t smell? I’ve bought from Merc and Porsche , when I was 30 and below so always in jeans and trainers ,still am and always got served well.

Have to say I would never let the actions of one salesman put me off a brand or build a life long alliegance to one too.

It all seems the same old story.

Chap takes umbrage at attitude in dealership/shop A.

Buys from dealership/shop B.

Gleefully parades car/item to dealership/shop A.

Cheers,
    Neil.

I see it a lot in certain clothes shops, the aloofness is hilarious. I always want to say “mate, you work in a shop folding jeans”.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    GreT tale of when I was in a bmw garage in Nottingham years ago

The misubishi garage was directly opposite

I’d left my then GF in there looking at a v6 SWB shogun but wanted to make sure a deal wasn’t being missed on a z3 in the bmw dealership

Having paced around the z3 many times nobody came to help

I ended up asking a salesman for help
    Are you sure you can afford it - he asked

I pulled out my 3310 Nokia and asked him to look out of the window across to the Mitsubishi dealership

Asking my GF to wave across so he could clearly see her I asked him to listen to my call

“Buy the shogun” I told her “these people over here don’t think we can afford a z3”

The colour drained from his face

I tore him off a strip in front of his peers and never went back

The shogun was fab - the dealership and salesman of worth

How on earth are those cars even comparable?
    A 2 seater convertible or a huge 4 by 4. Was the Z3 ever really in the running? Maybe the salesman sensed that it wasn’t.

Sounds like you missed out!
    Last edited by eagletower; 17th April 2018 at 15:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    A few years back I went into a Mercedes dealership and was looking at the e63 amg 4matic, absolute beast of a car. I remember I was wearing trainers and jeans.

The sales people all ignored me for a while till it became awkward and then one walked over, they were all huddles together previously chatting away.

the bloke that came over was in a suit and tie and up himself.

he walked over and said hi, and then asked if I was interested in the amg, I told him I couldn't afford it in a million years, he said ok and walked off.

I voted with my feet and went home, logged onto autotrader and bought a Nissan micra 1.0 3dr passion, 2 owners from new!

whose laughing now Mercedes salesboy.
    Love it!

Some sales people will be arsey, but they do not reflect the brand as a whole. A such if I wanted something I'd just give another dealer my business, not another brand - I'm not letting some snob dictate my purchases - you are not "going to show them" anything.

Most of the time I get those scenarios in clothes shops in London, which I find funny these days. At least most watch AD's seem to notice if you have a nice watch on, or even a G-Shock that you might actually be interested and can afford the watch.
    It's just a matter of time...

Maybe not enough of their income comes from actually selling things. I’m self employed, wouldn’t dare have such a dumb arse attitude, my income depends on the service I provide!

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    How on earth are those cars even comparable?
    A 2 seater convertible or a huge 4 by 4. Was the Z3 ever really in the running? Maybe the salesman sensed that it wasn’t.

Sounds like you missed out!
    The shogun was a fab vehicle
    3.5 V6 swb and has been owned new by one of the forest players

The z3 - I didn’t miss out - since had a couple of Porsche’s so that’s proper sports motoring

Great memories of the shogun - they are imo undervalued vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    Maybe not enough of their income comes from actually selling things. I’m self employed, wouldn’t dare have such a dumb arse attitude, my income depends on the service I provide!
    Retailing and hospitality require a great deal of commitment and patience in an employee, usually for pretty mediocre remuneration.

The problem is that while most people are perfectly pleasant, and indeed some are utterly charming, there is a substantial but luckily small minority of the public who are pathologically unpleasant. If you are trying to sell them something in a shop or serve them a meal in a restaurant, whatever you do is going to be wrong and trying to make it better will simply make it worse. As a consequence, your slightly-below-average-talent retail/restaurant employee will start dealing defensively with all customers. It comes across very badly. (Take note Audi dealerships...)

My wife worked in a shop off Bond Street for several years and has plenty of stories of why it's unwise to judge customers by what they are wearing, (particularly when they happen to be King Juan Carlos) . At the same time, it's perfectly reasonable for retail staff to draw fairly prompt conclusions from customers' behaviour – so unless you are as personable as you are scruffy when you walk into their emporium, you can hardly blame them for assuming the worst.

Jean-Paul Sartre was partly correct when he said that hell is other people – it would be more accurate to say that it is other people when they are asking for something. The general public are, on balance, quite disgusting. How GPs do their job I just don't know – not only do they have to deal with the public they have to touch them as well. Yuck.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

I did go back into the Mercedes dealership in my Nissan Micra, but parked it round the back as I was a bit embarrassed

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tell me about it, I deal with the public every day, 30 plus years in healthcare.

This is a huge thing in watch shops.

Once they see you are wearing something decent its a game changer.

I am convinced that the appaling behaviour of car salesmen (it is always the men) are one of the main reasons behind the success of Car WoW (see other thread). They cut through all the BS on price and largely avoid you needing to have much to do with the salesmen to buy the car.

Craftsman
    I prefer ‘salesmen’ to ignore me. I usually know what I want so will ask for it. Until I’ve asked for it, I’m happy to be left alone.

Master
    I cannot stand some sales tactics. I prefer to do my research then, in and out, as quickly as possible to minimise any exposure with sales people. I must say however that my local independent jeweller could not be more accommodating.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    My preference, on the odd occasion I am confronted with that kind of attitude, is to force them into wasting as much time on me as I can possibly squeeze out of them before leaving without purchasing anything. I insisted a particularly twattish Rolex salesman in Galeries Lafayette in Paris let me and the wife try on about three quarters of the store before leaving him with a cheery “thanks for your time pal” and a smug grin. From about 10 mins in he knew what I was up to but there was nothing he could do about it. I can be a spiteful arsehole when I want to be and I have a genuine love for incredibly awkward situations so it’s all good fun for me.
    Last edited by cmcm3; 17th April 2018 at 23:39.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    My preference....
    You’re the reason!! :-)

Sat in the waiting area to collect our car from a service (BMW X5, Main dealer). Wife decides to have a mooch around the showroom and was looking at the X6 they had in there. Johnny salesman walks past a few times and on the third pass he notices she is sat behind the wheel. Wife wakes eye contact and is met with a ‘probably a bit too big for you’ comment. Oh dear.....
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You’re the reason!! :-)

I’m definitely not. I’ve done more than my fair share to support the purveyors of unnecessary, but lovely, goods. I rarely go into a shop without at least the willingness to buy. I’m not interested in being obsequiously bum-licked, but I’m not going to be treated like crap either.

Blog Entries
    Not exactly try to buy...

Many years ago, my wife (then: girlfriend) and I were on an inland sailing trip in the northern part of the country; all lakes and canals. We had to moor the boat on a jetty for a few minutes because we had some trouble with the mast. The jetty was brand new and next to the garden of a new house. As soon as we'd moored, a lady came out, shouting that we're not allowed to moor and that we had to go. We tried to explain what'd happened, but she got mad and started shouting and threw in verbal abuse. Or better: insults.
    Later that evening we found out who she was: she and her husband owned a yacht building company at that time: Breehorn. A boat like this:

A few months later, we visited the Amsterdam Boat Show and Breehorn was on display. My wife walked up to the stand saying: "Let me do the talking!" She started talking to the guy on the stand and told himt that we were interested in a boat. And after she'd told (and shown) him her RYA Yachtmaster Offshore license, the seller got enthusiastic. We were 'reeled in', hook, line and sinker. Prices far above 150K came on the table. I was puzzled but signalled to go along with the conversation.

At a certain point, my wife turned the conversation into small talk and asked him: "Do you live near the wharf?" The seller answered:
    "No, I live in Heeg"
    "Oh that's nice, where in Heeg?"
    "Next to the bridge."
    "That nice house with that new jetty?"
    "Yes".
    "Oh well, that's it then! I was so insulted by the woman who lives in the house when I had to repair my boat last Autumn, that I don't want to buy anything from you!"

And we left.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Wempe in New bond street.
    Very interested in implying that I was an impoverished lookie-lou that was wasting their time and not particularly welcome while fawning over a well heeled couple who were trying to push for discount and vat back on a ladies dj.
    I used to find this all rather offensive and took custom elsewhere but now I regard it as sport so deliberately turf up scruffy.

It all strikes me a bit sad and smacks of “ I want to impress the salesman’s with how much I look like a tramp but can afford these expensive things”.

Do you really think there are salesman posting on a forum on the one time they misjudged a
    sale because someone came in looking like a tramp? Doubt it.

You’re long forgotten , where as years later people will boycott brands; or gleefully remember stories on the back of getting One over the salesman.

I worked in retail for my sins when I was at uni, and appearance had very little to do with it, it was actually attitude that spoke volumes.
    Last edited by eagletower; 18th April 2018 at 10:29.

I’m not sure if anyone said that they want to look like a tramp... I have read that many people have walked into shops with a genuine interest in possibly making a purchase but for whatever reason we’re judged to be ‘not suitable to purchase’.

I’m curious why that might be as in my experience... many people whom I know just wear clothes that they are comfortable in and don’t even really think about ‘dressing up to go to a nice shop’. Before someone talks or says anything, the only reason that I can think of regarding how a sales assistant could make such a judgement would be solely based on state of dress as what other information would they have about the individual.

I agree with many of your final points though... generally people might not care... but if they don’t engage first how can they make a judgement about attitude?

https://www.vox.com/2014/6/30/585449...d-for-business

It's a psychological thing that works, apparently.

I just don’t think a salesman would make an ill based judgment on just appearance. Do you really think 95% of BMWs clients are well dressed shoppers etc?

There must be more to it. Which maybe the posters are oblivious to.

I mean some of the posts don’t sound like the brands be it Cartier , BMW etc ever lost a “customer”.

The example I quoted earlier a poster here comparing a z3 to a shogun. Two cars that couldn’t be anymore different . He was that close to buying a z3 that he left his wife in the Mitsubishi show room opposite and didn’t even bother bringing her across the road to view the z3. Sorry but I don’t buy he was a close to buying it and doubt the blood drained from the salesman because he lost one sale. It’s probably because he was embarrassed by an attention seeking customer.

Now was it really a contender? Or just an opportunity to flex some muscle as a demanding customer and belittle the saleman?

It used to happen when I worked in retail (currys) and you’d get people who had no intention of buying a TV coming in just to test your knowledge on spec because they had read the latest what hifi and just wanted to catch you out - sad really.

Maybe the idea of buying something on a whim and just buying something completely different is alien to me .

When I bought my 911 I went into Hatfield , have to say I didn’t gel with the saleman at all, didn’t stop me buying a 911 - why should I miss out over him. I bought the spec I wanted from Edinburgh and had it delivered. I still go to Hatfield for servicing and the servicing guys are superb .

To me anyone who lets one salesman put them off was never a potential customer in the first place .

I never make any effort on my appearance or presentation when buying expensive things, I do, however, make sure I'm at least a little clued up on what I'm buying and find it makes a huge difference.

I know there are plenty of people who know nothing about cars and will walk in and drop £70-100k something off the showroom floor but I would expect (hope?) the majority of people looking would have done at little research.

I just think you come across as a more likely/serious prospective buyer if you at least know the model name of what you're going to look at.

Lots of stories of people voting with their feet after being looked down upon but for every one of those there's probably 10-15 people who have no idea what they're looking at and just wanted to sit in something nice.

If I am window shopping I will always do the courtesy to the sales staff of at least telling them straight off that I'm not looking to buy today, let's them just get on with their day.

Master
    I went to ancient and modern to buy an sub lv,
    They made a snide comment that I couldn't afford it ! I left and found one in Robinson's Manchester day after.

Good as I got my name on the papers as I will not sell it, my boy will get it after me.
    Bad there's was a flat 4 and only £200 more
    Can't win them all as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    I did go back into the Mercedes dealership in my Nissan Micra, but parked it round the back as I was a bit embarrassed

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Great stuff.

You're a funny gent.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post

It used to happen when I worked in retail (currys) and you’d get people who had no intention of buying a TV coming in just to test your knowledge on spec because they had read the latest what hifi and just wanted to catch you out - sad really.
    I've seen this sort of stuff on watch forums over the years - pathetic behaviour.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    In the Times a couple of weeks ago Giles Coren wrote that he tried to buy his girlfriend a Balenziaga hoody from their shop.
    The salesperson wouldn’t let him in the shop and showed him the item on the pavement.
    After a while Coren told them to F*** off and left

I remember a girlfriend of mine went shopping for some new clothes in an upmarket store. She was dressed a bit trampy and the saleswomen were absolute bitches! When she asked about l a dress she was told "it wouldn't fit you" and the price only as "very expensive". They then made it very clear she should leave.
    She took her custom elsewhere and spent an absolute fortune so next day and dressed very smart she popped back in to the original shop. This time the saleswomen were all over her! "Remember me from yesterday?" said my girlfriend. Suddenly it dawned on the saleswomen... "You work on commission right?" she smiled whilst waving bags full of designer clothes. "Big mistake... BIG mistake!". Then she went on her way.
    A valuable lesson for all snooty salespersons I think we can all agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I remember a girlfriend of mine went shopping for some new clothes in an upmarket store. She was dressed a bit trampy and the saleswomen were absolute bitches! When she asked about l a dress she was told "it wouldn't fit you" and the price only as "very expensive". They then made it very clear she should leave.
    She took her custom elsewhere and spent an absolute fortune so next day and dressed very smart she popped back in to the original shop. This time the saleswomen were all over her! "Remember me from yesterday?" said my girlfriend. Suddenly it dawned on the saleswomen... "You work on commission right?" she smiled whilst waving bags full of designer clothes. "Big mistake... BIG mistake!". Then she went on her way.
    A valuable lesson for all snooty salespersons I think we can all agree!
    Ha ha!!!!
    Did you take her to the opera as well? I bet she liked it so much she almost peed her pants!

Master
    I can remember rocking up to Lexus Milton Keynes in a 57 plate KIA Ceed, wearing jeans and a t-shirt and asking the salesman if they had any trade in LS400's for sale... They didn't but still got the coffee, sit down, chat about what I was after, etc. even showed me round a GS450h that was sadly reserved as I was contemplating one of those as well. Didn't end up buying but the experience was the least stressful car dealer one I've ever had.
    Certainly compared to Honda Bedford when I was helping my mother find a new car after her old accord was written off, thought a Honda jazz would be ideal but sales staff there just could not be bothered at all, just 'sorry none in stock, bye' didn't offer to check group stock, or even take details to phone if something did turn up. She bought a micra instead.

Master
    Had a few interesting experiences.

Best one was possibly the most attention from all of the sales people at the Ferrari dealership as we arrived. Literally surrounded by them all within seconds.

When I say arrived, it was more of my friend swinging his Range Rover into a space a little too fast, and without any precision whatsoever, straight into the front wing and door or whatever it was at that time F360.

He was as cool as anything. Basically jumped out, said ‘sorry chaps, I want that car in that colour, but now not that exact car’

I just didn’t know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Ha ha!!!!
    Did you take her to the opera as well? I bet she liked it so much she almost peed her pants!
    From the moment I picked her up in my Lotus Esprit her pants were wet.