closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay buyer stress

Hybrid View

Craftsman

Ebay buyer stress

I've just managed to win an auction for a brand new Omega DSOTM on ebay for what I think looks like a bargain, equates to around 44% off list.
    The seller is only 30 miles from me so i have messaged them with my phone number to arrange payment and collection, no response.
    What happens if i don't hear from the seller (i presume i won't). I know as a seller you are obliged to complete a deal, but no one can force the seller to complete

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    I've just managed to win an auction for a brand new Omega DSOTM on ebay for what I think looks like a bargain, equates to around 44% off list.
    The seller is only 30 miles from me so i have messaged them with my phone number to arrange payment and collection, no response.
    What happens if i don't hear from the seller (i presume i won't). I know as a seller you are obliged to complete a deal, but no one can force the seller to complete

Really very little.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Really very little.
    As I thought. He should have put a reserve on it if he wanted over a certain amount

Journeyman
    Happened to me several times.
    If you launch an investigation with eBay the seller will simply state the item has been damaged etc.

If it’s relisted eBay don’t care much either.

Best just moving on with life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    If you messaged him with your phone number ebay may ban you anyway. He might know this & has therefore not replied to your message so he dosen't get banned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    If you messaged him with your phone number ebay may ban you anyway. He might know this & has therefore not replied to your message so he dosen't get banned.
    Not correct. Once auction is over it’s fine to send your phone number.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redshovel View Post
    Happened to me several times.
    If you launch an investigation with eBay the seller will simply state the item has been damaged etc.

If it’s relisted eBay don’t care much either.

Best just moving on with life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had it too. I have never backed out of a sale on eBay and 99% of the time I no reserve my stuff, if someone gets a bargain I actually congratulate them!

But if I ever manage to get a bargain the item always miraculously manages to get lost or broken. Had one the other day which was sold as spares or repair and the seller messaged me to say they went to package it up and it was broken! I replied saying it was advertised as broken and it didn’t matter so please still send it as I was bidding on it for the spares... nothing!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    Is it the one that ended today? If so, why such concern the seller will back out? The last one that went for auction went for £200 less than this one so it’s not like it was a crazy price.

Did the auction state that collection in person was okay?