closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Reverso case problems

Craftsman

Reverso case problems

Just picked up a new Reverso from my AD last week. After a few days at home I noticed that the end pieces that make the lugs had come loose on all 4 corners of the case. There was play between the lugs and the main carriage. My AD tightened the screws and put some extra loctite on them, but 1 is already showing signs of play again.
    AD has been great and ordered a replacement as soon as I took it into them. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced a similar problem? and is this something to be concerned about for the future? It's not something I'd heard of and a quick google didn't bring much up.
    Cheers.

Fingers crossed the replacement is fine. It's not something I've read about as a specific issue. Is it a newer case design, or similar to previous models?
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    It’s the replacement for the GT, so a new design but the construction is essentially the same

Craftsman
    Sounds like it could possibly be a rare lemon; it's probably good that the AD is swapping it out for a new one. There's a YouTube video looking at the construction and making up of the cases for these, which if you haven't yet seen might be interest: https://youtu.be/Nl9r8q7YlUA

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Is it a gold or steel case ?
    Generally the gold screws are well secured. The steel ones can come loose more easily.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    If the AD loctited then make sure then cleaned the old ones out first by ultrasonicing.
    Both the screw and hole need to be super clean first.

Craftsman
    It’s a steel case. I suspect it must be a manufacturing fault as it is partly loose immediately after tightening

Doesn't sound right. So maybe tolerances out at manufacture.

Good luck with the replacement.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Picked up the replacement this week. Straight from JLC so never worn by anyone else and it's all as should be. Feels completely solid as you'd expect, must have been a rare lemon from JLC.
    Very happy with this, I seem to have the 'flat wrist' that makes them wear like a dream, can't see myself wearing much else for now, even got me contemplating moving on my Master Control RDM.... something I never thought i'd say!
    (wrist shot once I get round to working out how...)