closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New LE Speedy CK2998 Anyone else ordered

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swatch View Post
    £4320.
    That’s quite good actually, would have been tempted apart from the fact I just bought a standard Speedy Pro

Master
    It’s $6,500 in the USA, which seems expensive - probably no worse than most other watches though.

Master
    Tried it on today at an event. Panda dial looks good.

Also the new Seamaster 300 wave dial. May not be too obvious in the pictures but wears quite big IMHO.

Like them both tbh

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Would have rather it had had a tachymetre than a pulsometer myself. Especially as it’s been gradated for 30 pulsations in order to balance the bezel - they are traditionally 15.

Master
    I like the LE Speedy and hate the Seamaster.

Journeyman
    Really like that speedy, very nice looking with the panda dials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Would have rather it had had a tachymetre than a pulsometer myself. Especially as it’s been gradated for 30 pulsations in order to balance the bezel - they are traditionally 15.
    Well, no, Omega was using 30 pulsation as the standard as far back as the 1930s.
    That design was taken from 1938.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Well, no, Omega was using 30 pulsation as the standard as far back as the 1930s.
    That design was taken from 1938.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just had a look at some others... seems I was wrong and that many watches have had pulsometers for 30 beats...

Regardless, that’s a lovely Doctor’s Watch.

In Madrid at the minute... there’s one sat there in the display case ready to go so maybe not the hoops to go through as the ST. Not checked the price of it but been offered 20% discount on a BP mil-spec so I’m guessing the same would be achievable.

Master
    Really like this too.

I think the 39.7mm is just right for a speedy. The only thing that puts me off this, and the FOIS is the 19mm lug width. A real shame imo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeez Nuuutz View Post
    Really like this too.

I think the 39.7mm is just right for a speedy. The only thing that puts me off this, and the FOIS is the 19mm lug width. A real shame imo.
    It really isn’t a massive problem. There are bracelets available in 19mm and plenty of strap options. In fact softer 20mm straps fit just fine too. An example of a 20mm on 19mm lugs:

Last edited by Padders; 2nd June 2018 at 16:20.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    It really isn’t a massive problem. There are bracelets available in 19mm and plenty of strap options. In fact softer 20mm straps fit just fine too. An example of a 20mm on 19mm lugs:

Thanks. What model is that your wearing? Looks lovely!!

Master
    Thanks. What model is that your wearing? Looks lovely!!
    Its an original 60s 105.003-65 Ed White, the case is pretty much the same as the FOIS and CK2998 so thought it would be relevant.

Master
    I can't help feeling that Omega are trying too hard to appeal to someone other than me, and the designs seem to be getting worse with each iteration. They even ruined the AT by simply changing the dial stripes from vertical to horizontal.
    It is probably just me being an old stick-in-the-mud but give me the classics every time. That 60s Ed White is lovely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Its an original 60s 105.003-65 Ed White, the case is pretty much the same as the FOIS and CK2998 so thought it would be relevant.
    Oh it is. I was just curious as to the model as it looks stunning!

Really like this too.

I can confirm Padders statement that the 19mm lug width is not too much of an issue. The blue CK2998 LE came with the worst possible strap - too short and not much thicker than a cotton shirt. I suspect that is why so many got flipped immediately - because the strap made the watch feel small and dainty. I almost flipped mine but there were so many for sale I stuck it in a closet for 8 months. I eventually swapped the 19mm blue alligator strap to a 20mm OEM Barenia leather strap (it slipped in between the lugs with no issues at all) and it completely transformed the watch. It is now one of my favorites and I wear it once or twice a week.

Tool watch

Tool watch anyone?

Wonder how many doctors are thinking of buying this?

+1 for me, although we’re not supposed to wear watches at work ☹️