closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The arrival of 3 Zeno icons :-)

Threaded View

The arrival of 3 Zeno icons :-)

Received my three new Zeno's today from James.... and I felt like a kid in a candy store

After unwrapping a bomb-proof package.... this made my palms sweat.... which one to open first?

Package nr. 1 - The Military PRS-53

Reason to start showing of this one is because it was the trigger which started the idea of wanting another Zeno again.
    Shown off by James here http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=zeno

To be honest, I've had the manual wind and auto before as the "Precista PRS-53", but being a flipper traded/sold it again. When I saw this I immediately wanted one again, however.... I wanted the Army Diver and Zex as well, so put it on hold first.... but the itch was to strong and just before shipping, ah well, this made the holy trinity complete :-)

In reference to the previous ones there a some changes, no marks of the PRS-53 anymore. This was a plus imho, as I've seen a few from Zeno with the PRS53 Arrow and markings on the back and the Zeno logo on the front, for me a big no-no. This however makes it for me complete and even more pleasant to know.... the ETA automatik has hacking this time!

Package nr. 2 - The Zeno Explore "Zex"

This was a must-have for me.... imho it's the closest to the "real-deal" and yes, although it's an homage, it's still an icon on it's own being "the Zex"
    Difference on the previous ones I had (Miyota and ETA version).... this one has the AS 5206 version. The movement feels a bit crude, but appearantly that's how the AS movements are build, rough and rugged.

Although the bracelet looks cool and matches the style of this model.... a basic nato is the way to go

Package nr. 3 - The Zeno Army Diver

This one was definitely a nice surprise. Having had the old 485 model (the orange "Doxa" type) with ETA 2452 movement, I remembered the lacking of the quickset date and the hideous screwing of the crown (which even caused loosing thread at one point). This one however has a smooth running ETA 2824 with quickset date and a non-screw crown! Definitely an improvement on this model

Again, lovely on bracelet (which is very solid and well build btw).... but still, I prefer it on nato :-)

And finally a group-shot of course

Last edited by Marco-T; 13th April 2018 at 09:54.