closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths Astral diver

Apprentice

Smiths Astral diver

Ok, I am a newbie to the forum game. I do enjoy viewing from a distance as such, without getting too involved. I am not an expert on anything let alone watches. But I recently came across a picture of a Smiths Astral diver and as soon as I saw it, I wanted one. So through selfish ambition I came to the conclusion that the easiest way to get one, was to plant the seed on TZ forum in hope that Eddy would read this and see the beauty of this magnificent time piece. Then put his spin on it and in a year or 2 release it. My apologies if this is already a talked about point or discussion, I did carry out a lazy search on the forum, but found nothing. This to me seems like a perfect watch to re-engineer in the usual TZ way.

I've got an original and it wouldn't qualify as a dive watch today because it has a bi-directional friction bezel. It's definitely on the list but the bezel would have to change and that will make it thicker.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Apprentice
    Thanks for the response, it’s good to hear that it’s on the list. I suspect that list is quite substantial though. But I can live in Hope. Would the the increased thickness be so substantial that it would effect the aesthetics so much. From what I can see from the few pictures I have seen of the mysterious Longines Skindiver they seem to have managed it quite well, of course they also increased the overall size.
    p.s sorry for misspelling your name in my previous post.