closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage diving wrist wear, but not watches.

Vintage diving wrist wear, but not watches.

Whilst rummaging in the watch desk it struck me I have gathered various old dive kit so thought I would take a photo, I particularly like the orange Aqualung with 2 gauges in one, the bezel has a bourdon tube gauge whilst the middle is the normal hand indicator one, the metal case is the same as the Calypso ones with the bezel mounted on top.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    That's a nice little haul - love the compass at the top of pic.

Certainly some vintage wrist wear there, Jase.

Seeing these it reminded me of an old Mukker who used to imitate Cousteau in his typical French accent

I looked at my diveometer, it read "Siebe Gorman, use no oil"

Expecting to hear a measure of remaining contents, 50Bar or some such reading. This comment insinuating his tube was dry

Very nice collection. I had a couple of Aquastar branded depth gauges, but now I only have a temp gauge. Seen it go for £3-£400 recently!

Untitled by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Untitled by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Thanks for the comments, the domed compass at the top is by Dacor and I think is 1960s, the compass bottom left is a Aquastar.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Journeyman
    Is there no convention for depth gauges to rotate in one direction? I see CW and ACW decreasing depth dials in that collection.

Interesting collection. Two questions - 1) are you a diver? And 2) how big is your desk draw :-)

Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone

Like just about anything vintage there's a strong market for acquisition and in the case of diving gear it fits right in with the demographics of ex-divers ;-)

Nice collection there, Jason: if it were me I'd not be letting any of it go: most dive kit has memorable associations attached to it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by DACC View Post
    Interesting collection. Two questions - 1) are you a diver? And 2) how big is your desk draw :-)

Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone
    Ha! Yes, I’m a diver, the trips have been curtailed somewhat since the kids came along but they are nearly old enough to come too, my eldest is keen to do his first pool lessons now he’s old enough. The drawer is more like a roll top desk with drawers.

Cheers Ralphy, I think previous owners got all the memories with these ones, I have my own newer ones that I’ll keep, I think however, next time I go I will take a few of these with me to see if they still work.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Cheers Ralphy, I think previous owners got all the memories with these ones, I have my own newer ones that I’ll keep, I think however, next time I go I will take a few of these with me to see if they still work.
    Pics please, if you do.

I gave away a stack of old stuff, but don't have any photos of them: in hindsight I would have, but then sometimes I see some of the gear and the memories come flooding back.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice collection jase,

if you want a siebe gorman merlin Mark IV let me know.

Craftsman
    Cool stuff for the vintage dive watch lover!

Nice post Jase.

Must try and find a piccy of my first dive computer - Orca Edge.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........