closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which (flagship) Android phone thread

For android I would look at the Pixel 2 XL or the OnePlus 6 which is released on Tue. Could look at the P20 Pro but I think there are privacy concerns on that like of products hence why they’re not available on contract in America.

I've just bought the Moto G6 Plus and it's fantastic. Reviewers questioning the need to spend £500 to £800 when this also nearly achieves what they can do. Who cares about nano seconds faster? The camera is excellent too.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/moto-...uk-price-specs

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I've just bought the Moto G6 Plus and it's fantastic. Reviewers questioning the need to spend £500 to £800 when this also nearly achieves what they can do. Who cares about nano seconds faster? The camera is excellent too.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/moto-...uk-price-specs
    Yes i have been using Moto G from the 3 upgraded to the 4 and now have the 5.

Will upgrade to this in a few months.

The best VFM android phones on the market.

There was a design fault on the moto g4 that i had. The camera lens on the back stood proud instead of being recessed into the case. This meant that the lens was scratched to bu33ery within a few weeks of normal use, resulting in all the photos being blurred. I switched to an s7 and havn't looked back since
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Due an upgrade in a few months so I've been following the new releases with interest. I just may just decide to buy an unlocked phone and run a sim off it for a few years as I'll get a better choice of phones. so far it's between the Samsung S9 (prices have started to fall ), The Huawei P20 but I'll certainly will look at the Oneplus6 and the Pixel2. Be good to get some real world reviews before I commit.

I've been sim only since 2014
    Currently on 3 (4G) and it flies. Unlimited minutes texts and data. 30gb hotspot £21 brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Nearly 2 months in with the Huawei P20pro and I’m still very happy with it. Call quality is crystal clear and no problems with connection on o2, the camera is nothing short of excellent.
    So far I’d have this as my joint favourite phone along with my old Samsung Note 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Nearly 2 months in with the Huawei P20pro and I’m still very happy with it. Call quality is crystal clear and no problems with connection on o2, the camera is nothing short of excellent.
    So far I’d have this as my joint favourite phone along with my old Samsung Note 4.

I got the Huawei P20 lite & just wanted to agree on the call quality as its by miles the best I've owned , got it from car phone warehouse on Vodaphone for £30.00 month with 16gb data & unlimited everything else. Very happy with it.

Hi, just got a Samsung A8, which I'm very pleased with. Half the price of an iPhone and has all the toys. Brilliant cameras, including low light. Fingerprint sensor, face recognition and is dust/water proof.

Has a premium feel and "infinity" screen.

32gb with micro as slot.

Master
    I recently got the Note 8 and it is easily the slickest and best phone I have ever had, I bought it used and mint but for a great price and that s pen is something I use a lot, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the phones mentioned here but for me the way I do it is get a flagship that is used and been really well looked after as there is no way I would pay the asking prices for these phones brand new, oh and for me you just won't beat the screen quality on the Samsung phones they are simply stunning :)

Master
    I had a play with the Note 8 and the P20 pro and also considered the One Plus 6.
    The P20 Pro inpressed and the battery capacity was a massive draw, coupled with the deal I was offered meant it was a bargain.
    Two days in and two days of use without having to charge the phone half way through the day for the first time in years is impressive.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Just acquired a P20 Pro and it's a very impressive bit of kit

Just got the OnePlus 6. Very good stuff, couple.lf natural drawbacks for the price but were to be expected (no wireless charging, no IP certification for waterproofness, only one loud speaker) but most people won't miss.

Was very tempted by the P20 Pro but I wanted a stock Android phone and had previously had a OnePlus 5 work phone which was also very good although not used that much due to it being a work phone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I looked at the P20 pro but after having a Xiaomi Mi 5 for over a year which is still a very fast capable phone I opted for a Xiaomi Mi Mix2, great phone an build quality and EU model with 2 years warranty.
    The phone has the widest band width of any phone so will work anywhere. Apparently 3 are going to start selling Xiaomi in the UK.
    Best thing about the Mi Mix 2 is its £300 for a phone not far away from the flagships and coupled with a EE SIM only @£15 a month for unlimited calls, texts and 20GB data, I'm quids in.
    Gave up with the contract phones a long time ago!!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

If you are considering a Huawei P20Pro and need a large amount of data, then this deal through Uswitch may be ideal.

Huawei P20 pro, EE 24 months - unltd mins & texts, 30gb data - £33.00pcm +£15.95 upfront. Total amount over the period of the contract = £807.95.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/cont...9-dc81027f41f8

*I've no affiliation with any company involved in this deal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Was very tempted by the P20 Pro but I wanted a stock Android phone and had previously had a OnePlus 5 work phone which was also very good although not used that much due to it being a work phone.
    I thought Oneplus phones used there own OxygenOS and not stock Android?

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    I thought Oneplus phones used there own OxygenOS and not stock Android?
    They do but there is no notifcable difference at all. The three phones which are considered stock Android (or as good as) are Pixel, Essential Ph-1 and OnePlus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Had the P20 pro since release and it's fantastic

Some of the chinese phones have had malware installed as stock.

I think archos and zte are one of the companies that had it.
    Apparently avast android AV picks it up

There is a thread over on wildersecurity forums about it if you want to check if any other chinese companies phones have this.

Using a blackberry priv which runs android here but looking for a new phone soon since its over 2 years old.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    I looked at the P20 pro but after having a Xiaomi Mi 5 for over a year which is still a very fast capable phone I opted for a Xiaomi Mi Mix2, great phone an build quality and EU model with 2 years warranty.
    The phone has the widest band width of any phone so will work anywhere. Apparently 3 are going to start selling Xiaomi in the UK.
    Best thing about the Mi Mix 2 is its £300 for a phone not far away from the flagships and coupled with a EE SIM only @£15 a month for unlimited calls, texts and 20GB data, I'm quids in.
    Gave up with the contract phones a long time ago!!

The Mi Mix 2 looks a cracking phone for the money.
    Where did you get it from to get 2 years warranty?
    Cheers.

Which (flagship) Android phone thread

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    If you are considering a Huawei P20Pro and need a large amount of data, then this deal through Uswitch may be ideal.

Huawei P20 pro, EE 24 months - unltd mins & texts, 30gb data - £33.00pcm +£15.95 upfront. Total amount over the period of the contract = £807.95.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/cont...9-dc81027f41f8

*I've no affiliation with any company involved in this deal.
    I'm with 3 and have been for years.
    I've got a Cracker of a deal with them.
    Sim only. Unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, unlimited data with 30gb hotspot. Going to get a P20 pro and use it!!!!
    £21/m

Apprentice
    If 128gb suffices, then the new OnePlus 6 with 8gb ram at £519. Read an article in The Guardian a few weeks back saying it competes with the iPhone X at half the price pretty much.

I’m an iphone user myself on the 6s plus. Tried to get on with an Android (Huawei) but sadly couldn’t get on with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    The Mi Mix 2 looks a cracking phone for the money.
    Where did you get it from to get 2 years warranty?
    Cheers.
    Got the phone from an eBay shop, as with all phones now bought in EU you get the commercial warranty (one year) but the EU consumer guarantee give you two years protection.
    The phone is a cracking phone and near bezeless, Mi Mix was the first by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Sim only. Unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, unlimited data with 30gb hotspot. Going to get a P20 pro and use it!!!!
    £21/m

I Don't follow how this is even possible. The p20 pro is £800 sim free but on contract, it's working out cheaper? Strange

I'm currently using a Sony Xperia XZ Premium and have to say its fantastic, from the first Xperia Z I've had every new model out and they keep getting better and in 6 or 7 years no problems at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    £21/m

That is a great deal I am with Three sim only and for some reason I am on 30gb of data for £15 a month :)

The only problem is I find the Three coverage at home pretty hit and miss

The new HTC 12+ is looking to be a real contender in the flagship stakes. Well worth researching if you're in the market.